• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat cleaners

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seats: What are some good vinyl cleaners out there? It need a really good cleaning.
Overall: hot Sauce still one of the better all purpose cleaner?
Mildew: Star Brite Mildew stain Remover for canopy still one of the better removers?

Thanks.

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm convinced there is nothing better than 303AP, long term. But it doesn't work like some "miracle" instant bleach whitener, there is no gimmick it takes some diligence. I stopped using any other cleaners and just soak (crappy Yamaha vinyl) in 303, wait and repeat. If used regularly in saturating amounts nothing can stand to it, not even cheetos or sun block lotions!

I use approx 32oz of 303 on the interior in one sitting, for deep cleaning.
Yes, I do buy it by a gallon. lol

--

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a huge fan of Hot Sauce and the Condition Sauce thus far but the Vinyl sauce has left me very dissapointed to the point I'm looking for something more effective. I was trying to clean what I felt where mimumum marks, maybe bird droppings, some sketch marks from items and such and it didn't seem to do much at all. That was on fresh marks as well with some elbow grease. Because I bought a gallon of it on sale I'm going to give it another run but I'm looking for something that's just easier to use, if such a cleaner exists for our boats.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a Magic Eraser on the vinyl to clean stubborn stains. Then soak it in 303AP. I mean, not like @swatski soak it, but a good thick coat.

I use a 2-pack of 303AP 20oz bottles per season.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't use magic erasers. They will ruin your vinyl.
I've heard a ton of people say that. Been doing it for a decade with no noticeably bad side effects.

I don't scour the whole surface with the eraser, just stubborn spots that won't come out otherwise. Dawn dish soap usually gets the majority of my dirt/grime off.

Perhaps the 303 Giveth Back what the Magic Eraser and Dawn Taketh Away?

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Big vote for hot sauce on gelcoat, by far the best "every time" use product for water spots.

Also still searching for a vinyl product that truely wows me, haven't tried 303 yet, but it sounds like condition sauce is on my list now

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome Cleaner to Clean, and 303AP on top is what I do.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For stubborn stains on the interior purple power is awesome but definitely condition when done.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
303AP is aerospace protectant or automative protectant?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
AuterSpace protectant?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
303AP is aerospace protectant or automative protectant?
Aerospace. Was developed for aerospace industry.
(EDIT: I know one older ultralight aircraft pilot who told me he thinks 303 was adding decades to his ultras’ life. )

I find 303AP does not clean or brighten right away but with repeated application tends to remove even the most stubborn stains such as spider poop.
I find the 303 cleaner product to be just average. I don’t really use cleaners anymore, just saturate with 303AP, and wipe with microfiber towels. With a little patience dirt comes off, even sun block lotions, and the vinyl feels smooth and rejuvenated.
I also soak and clean hull graphics with it to prevent fading.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Aerospace. Was developed for aerospace industry.
(EDIT: I know one older ultralight aircraft pilot who told me he thinks 303 was adding decades to his ultras’ life. )

I find 303AP does not clean or brighten right away but with repeated application tends to remove even the most stubborn stains such as spider poop.
I find the 303 cleaner product to be just average. I don’t really use cleaners anymore, just saturate with 303AP, and wipe with microfiber towels. With a little patience dirt comes off, even sun block lotions, and the vinyl feels smooth and rejuvenated.
I also soak and clean hull graphics with it to prevent fading.

Thanks, just ran out of my existing cleaner so I needed some.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski puts 303 on his hot dogs and burgers...

... and guess what, he's not wrong! On his advice I cleaned the whole inside (minus glass and screens) with 303AP and man, it looked like new! Even wifey commented on it.

Now I have an amazon "subscribe and save" for the big jug of 303.