• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Name Placement

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hey Everyone! Where do you think the name looks best on a 2023 Yamaha 195S? It seems like it would be small on the swim platform. There is 22” between the radio and strap.
Anyone putting the name on the sides?
BTW...I removed all the warning stickers.
Would love to see your pics.
TIA

Attachments

Last edited:

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I get it! I ended up displaying a flag with my boat name. It satisfies me, but I’m sure others have no idea what it says. But, thought I would throw out the idea to you.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just saying those drains for the cleanout tray have me jelly beyond belief. One of the things the 19' boats have going for them.

Someone on here did their boat name on the side. Given the overwhelming number that have it on the back, it trips up the eye when it's on the side of the boat, IMO. I can't recall who did it, or where to look, but if you do a simple google search for boat transoms, you'll see what I'm talking about as far as the sheer number of names on the back, and not the sides.

I don't know if you find that second hand strap useful, someone else could chime in, but if you're so inclined, that could be removed, the holes could be filled/patched, sanded and polished, and you'd have more space. You could also replace the fabric strap with a metal one, or move the OEM strap up a bit, or both (metal grab bar AND move it up).

Alternatively, you could find a smaller font, or stretch the font you choose, to have it fit the area slightly under the handle, so it would be centered, if that would be your concern. My boat name has been italicized and stretched to fit under the handle as well, if you're looking for an example of what I'm referring to.

Plenty of ways to skin that cat, the deciding factor is what you think would look best, and the effort you want to put into it. Make it hap'n Cap'n!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
just saying those drains for the cleanout tray have me jelly beyond belief. One of the things the 19' boats have going for them.

Someone on here did their boat name on the side. Given the overwhelming number that have it on the back, it trips up the eye when it's on the side of the boat, IMO. I can't recall who did it, or where to look, but if you do a simple google search for boat transoms, you'll see what I'm talking about as far as the sheer number of names on the back, and not the sides.

I don't know if you find that second hand strap useful, someone else could chime in, but if you're so inclined, that could be removed, the holes could be filled/patched, sanded and polished, and you'd have more space. You could also replace the fabric strap with a metal one, or move the OEM strap up a bit, or both (metal grab bar AND move it up).

Alternatively, you could find a smaller font, or stretch the font you choose, to have it fit the area slightly under the handle, so it would be centered, if that would be your concern. My boat name has been italicized and stretched to fit under the handle as well, if you're looking for an example of what I'm referring to.

Plenty of ways to skin that cat, the deciding factor is what you think would look best, and the effort you want to put into it. Make it hap'n Cap'n!

I appreciate your input! You're right most have it on the back. Do you think it would look bad on the side?
I do see some boats in FL with the name on the side unless it is a yacht.
You have good advice on moving the handle etc. but I really don't want all that work & expense.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To my eye, I dislike the side placement. It's really just a vanity or personalization thing anyway, as someone around here pointed out that naming a boat was typically done above a certain size, and none of the Yamaha boats were at that size.

I agree with you on the effort to remove or move the handle, that would be super low on the list of things to do, if ever. Yours seems fairly easy to access though, so I figured it might be something you'd consider, if you were sold on a certain font size or width.

There are no shortage of mods and ways we can help spend your money and time 😄

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
To my eye, I dislike the side placement. It's really just a vanity or personalization thing anyway, as someone around here pointed out that naming a boat was typically done above a certain size, and none of the Yamaha boats were at that size.

I agree with you on the effort to remove or move the handle, that would be super low on the list of things to do, if ever. Yours seems fairly easy to access though, so I figured it might be something you'd consider, if you were sold on a certain font size or width.

There are no shortage of mods and ways we can help spend your money and time 😄
LMAO 😂

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Attachments