• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Registration - where to place it on 2019 Blue 242X-E?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
here you go:

Chrome Emblem, 3”
Those look great @Plpbecks, although spendy, those are the ones I had in mind. Any issues with quality and durability? Holding up to the elements? Scratch easy?
I also think trying to match the font style of the 242X logo located in the back in white would also look great. What’s that font called?

Thanks to all who chimed, I think it’s looking like the best option is to go below rail because there really isn’t much room above given the small height blue strip against the white hull. I think it would look too crowded there. Although it might fit over the blue strip? I don’t know the blue strip height since my boat is stored now. Below the rail seems better aesthetically but my only worry is rubbing and damage against some weird constructed dock/water condition. I’ve had damage to lettering on my previous boat on a shore extending dock where tide was low, bumper didn’t make the right contact, dock top was scraping against lettering and damaged them (lettering was above rail). I’ll need to be careful and watch for those or similar conditions.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine are below the rub rail.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Quality is excellent, came pre-loaded on a clear strip for alignment and spacing. Make sure to remove the wax layer from your hull before placing and they’ll stick well! Agreed they are a lot more than reg stickers from wal-mart, but I didn’t spend this much on a boat to put 10$ stickers on the most visible part of it. These look like they came from the factory.

Not sure of font.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Quality is excellent, came pre-loaded on a clear strip for alignment and spacing. Make sure to remove the wax layer from your hull before placing and they’ll stick well! Agreed they are a lot more than reg stickers from wal-mart, but I didn’t spend this much on a boat to put 10$ stickers on the most visible part of it. These look like they came from the factory.

Not sure of font.
@Plpbecks, Dawn soap to remove wax?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ctyke can you show a pic with those registration numbers on the boat? That color combination seems very interesting on blue background, would love to see it. Thx

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ctyke can you show a pic with those registration numbers on the boat? That color combination seems very interesting on blue background, would love to see it. Thx
I'll post a pic, once the 5" of snow melts that we got yesterday and I go get the boat from the dealer. Come on spring! My wife picked out the color combo, I trust her more than myself on colors. Here is the pic of the Yamaha site.IMG_0606.JPG

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll post a pic, once the 5" of snow melts that we got yesterday and I go get the boat from the dealer. Come on spring! My wife picked out the color combo, I trust her more than myself on colors. Here is the pic of the Yamaha site.View attachment 115853
Love this color! Can’t wait for snow to melt as well. We’re in the same boat ..... well slightly different boat I guess ;)

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love this color! Can’t wait for snow to melt as well. We’re in the same boat ..... well slightly different boat I guess ;)
@ZGhost where do you boat at? I have a place down south on Big Jefferson, the opposite direction for most Minnesotans. People were out boating on Saturday, not sure how their boats will do with the 17 we are suppose to dip down tonight. Debating when to grab mine from the dealer and wishing I could move my old boat.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ctyke I boat 99.9% on lake Minnetonka. Huge body of water and lots to do in clam bays all the way to wide open areas for surfing and skiing. Surfing is a new thing for my family so we’re looking forward to learning and enjoying the sport and taking advice from the cool folks on this site.
Put your boat up now, people are looking for things to do especially with social distancing, boating gets people out while still respecting the social distancing environment.

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ctyke I boat 99.9% on lake Minnetonka. Huge body of water and lots to do in clam bays all the way to wide open areas for surfing and skiing. Surfing is a new thing for my family so we’re looking forward to learning and enjoying the sport and taking advice from the cool folks on this site.
Put your boat up now, people are looking for things to do especially with social distancing, boating gets people out while still respecting the social distancing environment.
Cool, spent plenty of my younger years on tonka, Lord Fletchers.... I got the Yamaha to hopefully surf too, maybe some skiing :) The old boat is on CL. Got a few bites but nothing hooked yet.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry about the reflection off the water but hope you get the effect ? I went with the carbon fiber black ( matches hull ) with gray flakes ( matches upper ) . @Pipbecks told me about the vendor but I didn't want to be exactly like him since we already have identical boats !!

Attachments

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat went into storage shortly after I bought it late last year. Getting ready for spring and looking for input on best location for registration numbers (above the rub rail, below the rub rail, more forward, more back, font, color?

I want the raised 3D lettering and trying to decide what font and best location on the hull. Thanks for your input and if you would like to share a pic, that would be great.
just came across this thread and not sure if you’re s
I’m not sure if you’re still looking for registration ideas but check out domednumbers.com

If you send in a pic of your boat they will match the font for your Yamaha decal font.

1587655811049.jpeg
1587655921816.jpeg

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
just came across this thread and not sure if you’re s

I’m not sure if you’re still looking for registration ideas but check out domednumbers.com

If you send in a pic of your boat they will match the font for your Yamaha decal font.
3D domed already ordered and they are on the way. Will post a pic once installed.

Last edited:

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Merlion where is your your sticker decal? You guys in FL don’t have a registration stickers every 2 or 3 years?

Last edited: