• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Registration - where to place it on 2019 Blue 242X-E?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ZGhost I put on my registration tonight. Here are the pics. Got to love the DNR for picking Orange this year.
Very nice @ctyke, l like the color and style. At least your DNR sticker color matches your bow roller :winkingthumbsup"

I went with the chrome 3D letters to match the chrome Yamaha logo, they just arrived today. They were pre-aligned and ready for a quick install. Now I need to get the boat from storage and commence the install. But, I need to get the new boat wax off that area, otherwise they won’t stick well. Will post some pics when they go on The boat. Happy boating!

A42FD3DD-600E-407B-9C6B-502894ACB735.jpeg
0C25BD24-E9B5-49B3-BB64-FC0E6DC14858.jpeg

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Very nice @ctyke, l like the color and style. At least your DNR sticker color matches your bow roller :winkingthumbsup"

I went with the chrome 3D letters to match the chrome Yamaha logo, they just arrived today. They were pre-aligned and ready for a quick install. Now I need to get the boat from storage and commence the install. But, I need to get the new boat wax off that area, otherwise they won’t stick well. Will post some pics when they go on The boat. Happy boating!

View attachment 117200
View attachment 117201
How did the wax removal go and were you able to re-wax the area between the letters afterwards?

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How did the wax removal go and were you able to re-wax the area between the letters afterwards?
I washed the area with dawn dish soap, then used isopropyl alcohol, then I placed the letters. I couldn’t tell by just looking if wax was removed or but assume so as I’ve put it some elbow grease in there. I didn’t rewax yet. Trying to decide what product to use to rewax the area between which is going to be a PIA.

ruggierom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Those look so good, great choice! Can you tell me where you ordered those from? I'd love to get the same setup you have for my new 2020 Yamaha 242XE in blue.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I went above the rub rail because most docks in our area, if you went below, it would rub and/or tear the registration numbers.
Papa

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Goflight2 there is a “watch” button at the top of threads so you can subscribe without making a post.