• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Shelter

Familyjetboat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been researching portable/fabric boat shelters. I have a 2014 AR240. Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable garage like Shelter logic that will fit that boat with the wake tower up. Needs to be 13ft tall, at least 24ft long and 12 ft wide. I've been looking with not much luck. Where I live I cannot build a garage where I park the boat because of city codes. But I can put up a "tent" for the boat in that space.

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
13’ tall! I didn’t think they were that much higher than a 210 FSH and it’s 10’ 5” to the t-top.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good grief, my 242x is under 12’. Goes in 10’ with tower folded.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good grief, my 242x is under 12’. Goes in 10’ with tower folded.
Thinking about that more.... 13’ may be the right height for a 10-11’ opening?? Is that what you mean?

Familyjetboat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dont want to fold the tower down. I want to just pull it in. The tower is 11ft off the ground. I need the opening to be that high.

Last edited:

Familyjetboat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is year 3 of ownership and it has held up well to 2 Connecticut winters. During big snow storms I'll hit sides so snow slides off and then snow blow around perimeter. Boat stays dry and protected from elements. Boat with tower up fits and clears door opening (barely but it clears). Wouldn't want anything any narrower as there is just enough room to walk on either side (see picture). Got from link and paid a few hundred bucks for shipping. I poured 4 sono tubes, one in each corner, with eye bolts so I could anchor better than the stakes it came with. Extremely happy with purchase. Additionally you can get a new tarp for that model for about $400. 20200817_144127.jpg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I dug around for quite a while this spring looking for one of these options that wasn’t as expensive as the shelter logic like @Redneck_4Play has, but I came up empty.
They’ve got a few different shapes & strength options on their site that would work for a boat that size depending on your snow and wind requirements.

Diablo243

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is year 3 of ownership and it has held up well to 2 Connecticut winters. During big snow storms I'll hit sides so snow slides off and then snow blow around perimeter. Boat stays dry and protected from elements. Boat with tower up fits and clears door opening (barely but it clears). Wouldn't want anything any narrower as there is just enough room to walk on either side (see picture). Got from link and paid a few hundred bucks for shipping. I poured 4 sono tubes, one in each corner, with eye bolts so I could anchor better than the stakes it came with. Extremely happy with purchase. Additionally you can get a new tarp for that model for about $400.
Are you the guy I bought the 275ga water tub from?

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you’re handy and like this kind of work, you can build a bow arch shed, cover it in fabric and it’s still considered a tent. Lots of into on the net on how.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
If you’re handy and like this kind of work, you can build a bow arch shed, cover it in fabric and it’s still considered a tent. Lots of into on the net on how.

I LOVE this. Thank you.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is year 3 of ownership and it has held up well to 2 Connecticut winters. During big snow storms I'll hit sides so snow slides off and then snow blow around perimeter. Boat stays dry and protected from elements. Boat with tower up fits and clears door opening (barely but it clears). Wouldn't want anything any narrower as there is just enough room to walk on either side (see picture). Got from link and paid a few hundred bucks for shipping. I poured 4 sono tubes, one in each corner, with eye bolts so I could anchor better than the stakes it came with. Extremely happy with purchase. Additionally you can get a new tarp for that model for about $400. View attachment 130674
Thanks for the picture - that's on my to-do list for next year. Can you pull through it easily or do you back in? Noticed your racks are in too.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I back in and yes, racks have to be folded in to fit. Had my wife help remove the racks one time when they were fixed and she insisted I get the foldable racks (I didn't argue). Put rows of patio blocks down so I can line up and back in easy.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I back in and yes, racks have to be folded in to fit. Had my wife help remove the racks one time when they were fixed and she insisted I get the foldable racks (I didn't argue). Put rows of patio blocks down so I can line up and back in easy.
thanks, could a guy pull through or is it sealed on the other end?

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
thanks, could a guy pull through or is it sealed on the other end?
One end has zippers for a door and the other does not. During the summer I typically leave the door rolled up as you need a ladder to roll it up and down. You could take the backside off during boating season and drive through and install door for off-season storage. Even with doors open/off still provides good protection as it 32 feet long.

Beachcampin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I LOVE this. Thank you.
Check out the Wooden Boat forum. There’s a guy there that built a huge one up North as a cover while he built his houseboat. lots of pictures of the build and tear-down. process would be the same for a smaller one.