• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat show pricing?

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anybody attending one of the boat shows going on now (Chicago, LA, Nashville, etc)? I’m looking to get a Yamaha 212x at the Detroit Boat show in February and I’m curious what kind of discount I should expect.

BTW - first time boat buyer. Can’t express how helpful it has been to read through the threads on the site to get me comfortable in taking the plunge.

seventyeight

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should go to the fishing show this weekend in Novi. Usually they have quite a few boats, and while it is not guaranteed to find the exact one you like, you get a good idea on what type of pricing discount one could get at a show.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anybody attending one of the boat shows going on now (Chicago, LA, Nashville, etc)? I’m looking to get a Yamaha 212x at the Detroit Boat show in February and I’m curious what kind of discount I should expect.

BTW - first time boat buyer. Can’t express how helpful it has been to read through the threads on the site to get me comfortable in taking the plunge.

I’m going to the Atlanta boat show today. I’ll report back prices if they have them listed. I don’t expect much discount though on 2019 Yamahas.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got "boat show pricing" from our only local dealer when I bought in May '17. It was basically $500 off MSRP and "free prep"

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'll be at Atlanta show tomorrow. From what I remember last year, there wasn't a great discount for current year. There was a pretty good discount for previous year.

I’m going to the Atlanta boat show today. I’ll report back prices if they have them listed. I don’t expect much discount though on 2019 Yamahas.
They have some Boats and Brew thing tonight with Red Hare brewing. Should be fun.

Say hello to Rick at Park Marine. He will know me as the guy who's boat burned up :)

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll be at Atlanta show tomorrow. From what I remember last year, there wasn't a great discount for current year. There was a pretty good discount for previous year.

They have some Boats and Brew thing tonight with Red Hare brewing. Should be fun.

Say hello to Rick at Park Marine. He will know me as the guy who's boat burned up :)
Ha yep I plan to enjoy a few of the $5 Red Hares while there. Ha ok, I'll swing by their booth. Park Marine are a good group. I kept my boat at their Marina on Allatoona and they treated us well.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got "boat show pricing" from our only local dealer when I bought in May '17. It was basically $500 off MSRP and "free prep"
I’ve heard that Yamaha doesn’t discount much. Interesting to see just how little. Not much of an incentive to pull the trigger during the show itself!

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Can't help you much on the pricing question, but like you, I was a first time boat buyer 5 months ago when we bought our 212X. If your experience is anything close to mine, you will be a very happy boat owner. Expect a few small gremlins, but they pale in the context of the overall experience with this boat. Great choice.

And welcome to the forum.

Jeff

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I talked to my sales guy and they are more about lower financing and they give you the deluxe mooring cover.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While true for any inventory I think it's especially true for Yamaha JBs: the best deals/prices can be had on what's sitting in a dealers yard. Yahama must reward well for moving inventory.

--

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any report back from the Atlanta Boat Show?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any report back from the Atlanta Boat Show?
agree with @AlphaKap . The best way to get a discount on a Yamaha is to find a left over '18 or wait to after the season and find a left over '19.

nf22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you. Do you know what the finance specials are? Currently the specials online are 0% down and 5.24% for top tier credit OR 60 months at 3.99%, which is nothing mind blowing ....

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you. Do you know what the finance specials are? Currently the specials online are 0% down and 5.24% for top tier credit OR 60 months at 3.99%, which is nothing mind blowing ....
Keep in mind those financing specials are "with approved credit"......I was told that you had to have an 820 credit score or better I think to get that rate. Not sure what your situation is, but I was near the low 800's at the time and didn't get the promotional rate through Synchrony.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
5.24% for how long? Rates are going up. I got 4.75% for 15 years on my boat back in 2016 through my credit union. They are now at 6.25% for the same 15 year loan.

nf22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s ridiculous over 820. I should be okay, but still 820 is super high.

When I picked up a new car back in Feb 18 I was a 827. Then a few months later I thought I had something on autopay and I didn’t, received an email that I missed a payment, the company reported the late payment and the score went down to 765. Not cool...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s ridiculous over 820. I should be okay, but still 820 is super high.

When I picked up a new car back in Feb 18 I was a 827. Then a few months later I thought I had something on autopay and I didn’t, received an email that I missed a payment, the company reported the late payment and the score went down to 765. Not cool...
Yea, I was a bit sore about it. Still am to be quite honest. First time in my life I've applied for something and not received "top tier" financing options. Local Credit Union couldn't beat them even at the lower level, so I went with them anyway, despite the higher than expected rate, and the, IMO, obvious bait and switch tactics.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Went to ATL boat show, no discounts really. I just pulled the trigger on a 2018 242 LTD S E. 11K discounted! They gave me 5 year YES and a fancy boat cover. Oh and the starter emergency kit. And they will hold the boat until I ask them for it, which likely will be march/april.

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Went to ATL boat show, no discounts really. I just pulled the trigger on a 2018 242 LTD S E. 11K discounted! They gave me 5 year YES and a fancy boat cover. Oh and the starter emergency kit. And they will hold the boat until I ask them for it, which likely will be march/april.
Cool. Congrats on the new boat!