• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat show pricing?

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Went to ATL boat show, no discounts really. I just pulled the trigger on a 2018 242 LTD S E. 11K discounted! They gave me 5 year YES and a fancy boat cover. Oh and the starter emergency kit. And they will hold the boat until I ask them for it, which likely will be march/april.
Awesome. I did the same the same last year. Park Marine was great to work with.

What lake are you going to be boating?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AlphaKap I'll be at Lanier. Where do you hang out?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice, congrats on the boat. I drove up from Tampa to buy mine from Park Marine last year. They were very easy to work with, almost too easy, didn't feel like I was doing everything I needed to do. They worked with me, knowing that I was driving up so that everything was already prepped to reduce any wasted time.

nf22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a hard time believing that with interest rates on the rise and the stock market not nearly as hot as it was from 17-18 that the dealers are going to stick to no discounts on the boats or working with buyers on extending interest rates from 60 months.. The winter and spring of 2018 are much different than where we are in 2019. The more people I speak to and research have told me that they had a hard time finding a boat to buy last summer due to inventory shortages. I could be wrong, but I was convinced that I was going to pull the trigger on a boat at the forthcoming boat show in NYC. Now I might go there and feel everyone out when it opens & perhaps go back Sunday and see if things changed. There is also another boat show in Atlantic City that I would go to esp if they weren’t moving boats in NYC...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a hard time believing that with interest rates on the rise and the stock market not nearly as hot as it was from 17-18 that the dealers are going to stick to no discounts on the boats or working with buyers on extending interest rates from 60 months.. The winter and spring of 2018 are much different than where we are in 2019. The more people I speak to and research have told me that they had a hard time finding a boat to buy last summer due to inventory shortages. I could be wrong, but I was convinced that I was going to pull the trigger on a boat at the forthcoming boat show in NYC. Now I might go there and feel everyone out when it opens & perhaps go back Sunday and see if things changed. There is also another boat show in Atlantic City that I would go to esp if they weren’t moving boats in NYC...
If it's Yamaha financing through Synchrony I don't think the dealers have any influence over extending interest rates or any of that. They can come off the boat or they can sweeten the deal by adding accessories and stuff like that but I don't think they can alter Yamaha interest rates.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is anyone planning to attend the show in Baltimore this weekend? When the show came to town last year, it was a decently warm day to walk around downtown a bit. Won't be that way this year without bundling up!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone going to the Birmingham boat show next weekend? I'll be there just not sure if Friday night or Saturday.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
F73E2189-C190-475C-922B-8752C32F3A3D.jpeg5CB6AF55-F9EE-4A65-87D9-D11BC291D5DD.jpegA little something for the Yama fam and a bit of scarab action. Sorry, no chaparrals present

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is pricing from the Charleston SC boat show. Best deal was probably the dealer selling a used 2012 AR240 for $24,999

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I sat in this one just to see (again) the difference in size, and I gotta say, it almost seems like TOO big a difference. The wife really liked the 212 Limited behind that one, but not the second captain's seat. She liked the J-seating in our 210. Size-wise, I think the 21's are the sweet spot. I think Skipper's really made a mistake not having your 212X there (that thing really sells itself, IMO), but it looks like they didn't have one in their inventory to put in the show.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

I sat in this one just to see (again) the difference in size, and I gotta say, it almost seems like TOO big a difference. The wife really liked the 212 Limited behind that one, but not the second captain's seat. She liked the J-seating in our 210. Size-wise, I think the 21's are the sweet spot. I think Skipper's really made a mistake not having your 212X there (that thing really sells itself, IMO), but it looks like they didn't have one in their inventory to put in the show.
Buds made me an offer on a 212x which was more than what I paid at Winnebagoland. I do love the 242x but Trailering all over the state and with the small kids, it would just be a bit much. So we went with the 212x instead. The J seating is nice, only offered on the AR210 in the 21 ft models, my wife prefers the captains (sorry admirals) chair. That Scarab... I'm not sure how I feel about Sea Decking on the outside of the boat like that, it would be a bitch to keep clean, would drive me nuts. Otherwise, a very nice boat.

Last edited:

Jmattrob44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got mine at the Nashville show. Got a good deal on my trade and good financing through guy in their booth. 5.99 24 months. I was shocked. Made me an offer I couldn’t refuse!

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought a 212x today. First boat. Super pumped! I’m in Michigan and pulled the trigger a bit before the Detroit Boat Show. I wanted to take advantage of 3.99% financing from the MIchigan Schools and Government Credit Union. $64K OTD, including wake package, deluxe cover, safety package, 3 year extended warranty. 6% sales tax here so you can do the math on the discount. I worked with Wonderland Marine West. They’ve been really good to deal with, walking me through each step of the process. Now we just have to get out of the polar vortex and wait for Spring to come!

Matt1978

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! I bought mine (195) last year from Wonderland at the Novi Boat Show. Very good experience. I think I'll go to the Detroit show this year just to see the new ones and pretend like Spring is around the corner.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Stokley’s Marine, in Nicholasville, KY, has one leftover boat. A 2018 212X, with the black hull and green tower.

They really seemed willing to deal on that boat.

Also, if you buy before Feb 10, Yamaha is offering a 5 year warranty for free.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We plan on going to the Oshkosh show and buying a new AR210- It will be our first jet boat. I am told this is when we would get the best pricing on the Yamaha.

Our previous boat was a Moomba Mobius LSV. We considered buying a new Moomba but the prices have gotten so high we can’t justify paying that much for a boat we use 20 hours a year. Plus we really like the rear deck area of the Yamaha.

We do like to surf and when I saw the new WakeBooster I felt this would allow the jet boat to give us a good enough wake for the surfing we do.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We plan on going to the Oshkosh show and buying a new AR210- It will be our first jet boat. I am told this is when we would get the best pricing on the Yamaha.

Our previous boat was a Moomba Mobius LSV. We considered buying a new Moomba but the prices have gotten so high we can’t justify paying that much for a boat we use 20 hours a year. Plus we really like the rear deck area of the Yamaha.

We do like to surf and when I saw the new WakeBooster I felt this would allow the jet boat to give us a good enough wake for the surfing we do.
Not trying to rain on your parade but just trying to temper your expectations for surfing behind a jet boat. It will not be anything like your LSV. That being said jet boats are great fun and the swim deck can't be beat. I'm opposite of you and selling my Yamaha to get into a Moomba Max due to being bit by surf bug :D and you gotta love the cavernous storage the Max offers. The Yamaha is hardly any maintenance and certainly no draining the block and pumping in coolant unless you like in extreme north and climate. If you can handle a v drive around the dock you should be fine on a jet.

Welcome to the forum. This is the best place for all things jet boating !!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For sure I understand the differences and what we will be giving up. Like most of us we are not pro surfers by any means so its not our number one priority for a boat. If we can do some limited surfing (which it appears we will be able to do with the WakeBooster) that will be good enough. Plus we will do some tubbing and wake boarding.
The main issue we found with our wakeboard boat was that it was unbearable in choppy waters..it beats you to death. Also, it wasn’t great for lounging...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If lounging is near the top you'll love the Yamaha. It's well thought out interior especially near the conversation spot at the swim deck. Yea the older Moomba boats can get pretty rough. My coworker has an older Outback direct drive and yea it can get rough. A Yamaha will ride a little smoother than your LSV but it also can get a little rough since they don't weigh a lot and can get tossed a little on rougher days. Trim tabs can help smooth it out if you boat in larger waters.

As far as wake booster goes, theres really not a whole lot out there on it to make a real definitive opinion about it. What I have seen it mainly helps clean the wave but it does not increase the wave strength or size. You'll still need ballast in order to surf. I'm not sure how strong the TR1 engines are but if you plan on using a lot of ballast you may want to look into a 212X since it has some ballast but mainly look at it because it has the stronger 1.8 engines.

Recently a guy posted some videos of the wake booster to give you an idea. See my post here https://jetboaters.net/threads/wake-booster.19269/page-11#post-352765