• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat show pricing?

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm getting the 212x because it's a pretty versatile boat. You can add ballast (about 1200 lbs) just on the tanks and adding the wake booster gives you a pretty good wave to surf behind. I don't think surfing behind a 192 will give you the same experience as a 21 ft with the twins or a 212 with the ballast and the booster. While it is no comparison to an actual purpose built wake boat, it is a "jack of all trades" but a master of none. I started out looking at the 210 but the wife didn't like the J seating (preferred an admirals chair) so we stepped up to the Limited S... and eventually said "fuck it" and just went to the 212x. The 1.0's are solid motors and proven, I think they'll serve you well, but I wouldn't rule out making the jump to the Limited S just for the 1.8's or for about $4500.00 more than the initial jump, get the 212x. If I wanted to just surf, I'd go with a full blown wake boat, but I want the lunging area, storage, space and the ability to do pretty much anything so... yeah, yama it was.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@PJ73 i was comparing surf wave to a 242 which I have ridden behind with wake wedge and lots of ballast. Wasn't comparing to the 192 wave :)

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

ToxicVT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone else capture any boat show specials? I’m in the market for a 2019 242x and I’m wondering what sort of deals are being offered at different shows across the country. Hopefully we will see some good deals coming out of the Miami boat show this weekend.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Anyone else capture any boat show specials? I’m in the market for a 2019 242x and I’m wondering what sort of deals are being offered at different shows across the country. Hopefully we will see some good deals coming out of the Miami boat show this weekend.
Not much off MSRP. Mainly you’ll get YES warranty, maybe some free accessories, no charge for assembly and that’s about it. I was told for the 212X I’d be at $58k plus sales tax and registration and that would be it as far as cost.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a Saint Louis, MO last weekend boat show pricing:
IMG_8098.JPG
IMG_8110.JPG
IMG_8108.JPG

--

Boatingduck123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last edited:

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anybody attending one of the boat shows going on now (Chicago, LA, Nashville, etc)? I’m looking to get a Yamaha 212x at the Detroit Boat show in February and I’m curious what kind of discount I should expect.

BTW - first time boat buyer. Can’t express how helpful it has been to read through the threads on the site to get me comfortable in taking the plunge.
I was at the bot show in Grand Rapids today. The new 212x was discounted a little bit at $59350. I was so tempted. But I had to decide on the spot as boat show pricing is in effect until tomorrow. Having just purchased a 2015 X last summer I just decided to stick with what we have for joe. But that 2019 X is beautiful and a nice all around boat.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought a 212x today. First boat. Super pumped! I’m in Michigan and pulled the trigger a bit before the Detroit Boat Show. I wanted to take advantage of 3.99% financing from the MIchigan Schools and Government Credit Union. $64K OTD, including wake package, deluxe cover, safety package, 3 year extended warranty. 6% sales tax here so you can do the math on the discount. I worked with Wonderland Marine West. They’ve been really good to deal with, walking me through each step of the process. Now we just have to get out of the polar vortex and wait for Spring to come!
Congrats on the boat and the rate! I bought a 2019 242 LSE from them in december and used msgcu as well. Half a percent higher unfortunately, but 4.49 was still not horrible. Funny, synchrony/Yamaha rates went up to like 5.25 or so from 4.99 while msgcu went down from 4.49 to 3.99 between Dec and jan.

Also, just went to the Detroit show today and snapped a couple pics of their current deals.

20190218_132552.jpg20190218_132652.jpg

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I just went to the Indy boat show and there was some great looking boats! But man the prices new boats are bringing is out of sight! I seen a lot of boats over the $100k Mark from wake boats to pontoons and so on. I do like the new Yamaha and Scarab boats but I think the $20k i spent on my 2012 seadoo challenger SE last summer looks like a better deal after seeing new prices. As much as I would like a new boat and a smaller one I can make mine work. But to each their own I can't knock anyone for going new if it makes them happy!

lukewaterwalker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went to Portland boat show and got 10k off a 2018 212 limited S. Zero hours. I ask the difference between the 2018 and 2019 and he said the paint. I said sold.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to Portland boat show and got 10k off a 2018 212 limited S. Zero hours. I ask the difference between the 2018 and 2019 and he said the paint. I said sold.
Did he mention the new 2019 pumps/reverse nozzles? Maybe those are not included in 212s.

--

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New buckets on the 2019, also lateral thrusters, paint and the cockpit is glass (you lose the twin tachs on the left) everything is integrated in the "242x" type software.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We ordered the 2019 AR210 yesterday from Winnebagoland..

We are getting back into boating after a 3 year hiatus and will be our first Jet boat...Boat 4.jpg

Boat 1.jpg

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice. Congrats!

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OUT FRIGGIN STANDING!!!! We're picking ours up from Troy in April. Here's to meeting up on the water!!!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Couldn't have picked a better boat, but I might be biased ;)

Did you sit in @PJ73's boat and fart on his cushions? I don't care that he thinks he's getting a fresh one :D

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Couldn't have picked a better boat, but I might be biased ;)

Did you sit in @PJ73's boat and fart on his cushions? I don't care that he thinks he's getting a fresh one :D
Just marking my territory.

Last edited: