• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat trailer guide on posts for 190

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No issues with them moving around while driving. On mine the little "non-rotate" tab kind of secures them down. They are surprisingly secure. I was thinking about drilling a hole to put a pin in to keep them up high enough to clear the rub rail, but as long as I remember to pull up on them a little before backing in, they float high enough.
So you lift yours off the metal tab each time you launch? Is that so they will spin if the boat rub rail hits them? I like the idea of adding a pin or screw to secure them as I didn't plan on having to lift them up off the tab every time I launch.

I looked on the site you linked for the covers but I don't see any for the 60" guides. Maybe they are sold out or something?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No, I often forget to lift them, which is how I know they leave a nasty scar on the hull. :banghead: Lol.

The 60" poles may be long enough for it to be a non-issue.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I don't think I'll need to lift them because the top is so far above my hull.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Washed the boat today and figured I'd take some better pics of the new guides outside so you can see how 60" looks on the 19' boat. Even though they say in the instructions to run the wire opposite side of the slide, if you're careful you can run it on the inside giving it a better look and keeping the wires safe from getting snagged on something outside he trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does the wiring connect to the 4 pin?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You splice it in to the lighting for the tail lights.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How does the wiring connect to the 4 pin?
Tap into the brown wire near the tail lights on each side. Then you make a ground on the trailer for each LED.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@haknslash I am going to try to get around to installing my set of this week. Did you end up drilling a screw or pin into the guide to the frame or just leave it for the metal tab to secure the post?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@REM835 i just left the tab and didn't add any screws. It holds it fine.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added a screw to each side. After I watched my PVC pipe slowly float up the rod at highway speed. Only happened 1 time, but it always had me on edge that it would happen again when I least expected it and wasn't watching.

markp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i have sx 195 bought the 40's learned a painful lesson. 1st day out , getting boat out of the water the 40s were below the boat bumper line when trailor was in the water and the PVC tube caps tore up my side decal graphic stickers.
Went to home depot bought 60 in PVC so they always above boat bumper line. Not had an issue since. But brand now boat day 1 not a fun lesson.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cleat 1.jpg
i have sx 195 bought the 40's learned a painful lesson. 1st day out , getting boat out of the water the 40s were below the boat bumper line when trailor was in the water and the PVC tube caps tore up my side decal graphic stickers.
Went to home depot bought 60 in PVC so they always above boat bumper line. Not had an issue since. But brand now boat day 1 not a fun lesson.
I went with the 60 as well and added pads, I hope it didn't scratch it up to bad.