• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BOATS & BIKES

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think the day I feel in love with twins was one night cruising on my old CBR 600 F3 and I was downtown at the local bike night. I was following a pack a bikes and pulled up behind an RC51 with booming Moriwaki high mounts. I had my face shield cracked and when the green light hit at the intersection I got a big face punch from his throttle blurp lol. Love at first sound. And then I rode them and the torque was too addicting to ignore.

Some inlines can make good toque too. My Ninja 1000 was a torquey bike as well. I always referred to it as the Stealth Cruise Missile and the throttle reminded me of a rheostat for a nuclear power plant lol. It didn't have a ton of top end like a super bike but the motor was so dialed in for street use. Very linear and fat torque for an inline.

+1 on thumper singles! I love em over most 2T's. Just not a big fan of the brap brap. However the KTM Freeride 250 2T looks so fun and inviting to throw around like a trials play bike. I may have to try one sometime. :)

Last edited:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My first twin was a Ducati 916. But now I'm more into the naked bikes - no more clip ons for me.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@haknslash - That triumph video was really well done. The carbon fiber muffler fits the bike like a glove, nice sliders too. You should ask them for advertising money, lol.

@octavio3311 - I know exactly what you mean with the naked bikes. My wife wants a bike and i'm trying to convince her to get a Ducati monster (adjustable height so she can reach the floor), of course i'll get to ride it too, lol. I actually sold her bike when she got pregnant with my son (9 years ago) it was another Yamaha, the Seca II, and she has been nagging me ever since.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My bike days are over but I had a few that I really miss. I know what you mean about addicting torque. The Yamaha Warrior 1700 had gobs of it.

I also have "speed issues" and the electronic clutch FJR with paddle shifting fed that need a little too much. LOVED that thing....smooth as silk.

Rebuilt the SV650 from a pile of scrap with a blown engine. Lost my ass on it but I had fun bringing it back from the dead.

The bandit 1200 was a great bike too but I tried to put a stage III kit in it with timing advance and couldn't get the carbs right. Sold it for a steal after trying for months to get smooth power.

IMG_0105.jpg color and black and white.JPG CIMG5412.JPG IMG_4657.JPG IMG_4660.JPG

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The bandit 1200 was a great bike too but I tried to put a stage III kit in it with timing advance and couldn't get the carbs right. Sold it for a steal after trying for months to get smooth power.
I miss the good old days of tuning carbs. I did a lot of work to my 1996 Suzuki RF600R. From cut airbox to hotter ignition wires & coils, full exhaust system. By the time I was done, there was no off the shelf carb kit that covered all of it, so it was trial and error until I got it right. It was a great bike with a great engine. Age caught up with it and needed lots of new parts including rebuilding the suspension front and rear and at the time I was running out of both play funds and time to work on it. (had just gotten married). Now it's just not the same to sit with a computer and tune fuel maps. Maybe if I had a dino and didn't need to road test after every little change...

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some of my bikes...

Not a bike but this is my other favorite Yamaha I've enjoyed! Yamaha Raptor 700 SE

Ohhh.... Now THAT makes me long for the days of riding my '87 350 Warrior - the Great, Great, Grandpa of your Raptor. They share some styling ques that's for sure.

Introduced in '86 she was the first "Big Bore" (biggest they made at the time) 4-stroke sport bike that also included the convenience of electric start and reverse. She had a clutch and a "true" motorcycle 6-speed with neutral between 1st and 2nd gear. She had a whopping (for the day) 8" of suspension travel front and rear.

I rode the rear-end off of that thing - literally. I had to replace the bearings in the axle carrier after a couple of years.

That was probably the single most-used toy I've ever owned. Of course it helped that I could cross the street from my folk's house and be on a trail network that had 100's of miles of old railroad-bed and hunting trails to ride on.

Sorry, not trying to highjack the thread but that bottom picture makes me especially nostalgic for my college days. I can smell the leaves and mud stuck to the tires by wet snow from here.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Glassman - either you have a lot of kids or you have a lot of toys. :D
That looks like some serious offroad fun.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Glassman - either you have a lot of kids or you have a lot of toys. :D
That looks like some serious offroad fun.
BOTH...and that's an old picture, many of those toys have been upgraded to newer models as the kids got older, I got my wife a new bike for her B-Day and I don't know how it happened, but I woke up one day and there was a turbo on the RZR!

By the way I have two of the small bikes for sale in case anyone is looking for one - kinda....I don't need to sell them and I've dropped a few bucks upgrading them, I was waiting for one of the SEVEN grandchildren to get big enough to throw a leg over them. :rolleyes:

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I miss the old days of simple mechanical machines including cars!

Glassman, You have lots of bikes. I thought having 4 was a lot. My wife isn't always the happiest when I have a lot of toys. We have been looking for the perfect house and the right size garage to hold everything and places for trailers is making it hard. We may have to build what we want. I don't how you do it!

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2014 Street Glide Special.jpg
2014 Street Glide Special

My first Harley. Love it.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These days I'm only allowed family friendly motocycling. Here is the rig.
Daughters love it when I pick them them up from school.
upload_2016-3-6_20-51-57.png

--

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Currently bikeless its kind of sad but the last two I had just sat in the garage and never got ridden but here are the last couple. Sold the last one I had about 8 months ago.

ninja1.jpg zzr600.jpg vulcan1.jpg gsxr2.jpg gsxr1.jpg

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I recognize that! It's the Armament Museum just outside the entrance to Eglin AFB. I drive by it frequently. Been inside the big plane there too (AC-130 I believe). Very cool.

Yes sir. AC-130 pretty impressive to see all the fire power up close

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 2004 Honda VTX. My first bike. Bought it last summer.

20150730_111656.jpg