• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BOATS & BIKES

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YZ250 - Long live two strokes! BFF8D127-E6C9-458F-9A5E-9A73B0D86A49.jpeg

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 2021 Indian Scout Bobber. Such a fast and comfortable cruiser.
3894417D-A3C5-4B6B-AAD9-FFB5A060E436.jpegFD92EC9F-9762-4D66-A5F7-73D06D87EDBC.jpeg

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, life has moved us beyond upgrading to the jet boat (the post covid market didnt help either lol), but still have the little runabout. Boat season is upon us, finally, after a full lack of spring! LOL

Yesterday, Got an email notification of this thread, so i popped in.

And I was NOT disappointed... good lookin machines guys! give me a few and Ill chime in with a few shots., as we've had movement since the last I posted here I think....

I guess I’m one of those snooty BMW owners now.
2009 BMW F650GS. Only few thousand miles, looks brand new, not a scratch on it. Had road motorcycles in college and grad school, got rid of them once kid came....he’s got his permit now. Figured this a good bike to scratch that itch on nice days.
View attachment 166667
Well hello fellow snooty guy, we own two of them. Sorry I couldnt see you with my nose so high in the air!.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ok here we go with my additions!

day 1 pandemic, I bought this completely derelict kawasaki KZ200 for my son for $100. We spent a few months rebuilding it. What I thought was just father son bonding/lesson learning, was way more. My boy became a giant gearhead, and I'm proud. he's 19 and in college and enjoying bikes.

IMG_7157.jpg

VERY Quickly outgrew the 200, so we bought him a yamaha MT03.

he rode it EVERYwhere. 4000 miles in a year is a LOT IMO for Iowa on a 300cc learner. Even took a 500 mile trip to the driftless area...

He quickly outgrew it too though. SO we sold it. he made his first adult purchase this last march, and got himself a BMW f800r, fully kitted out for miles. Seen here in the background. he's LOVING it. We ride together whenever we can, but I haven't had much time to ride, because of soccer coaching yet though :( SOON. Decent trip planned in june.

IMG_6959.jpg

I had to get a new car, with driver #4 entering the house. Hell take the pathfinder and care for it w hile only driving to school. Keep it nice to haul the boat. I was looking at fun ones to bridge the gap until a second electric car makes sense(close, but not quite out here), but also enough room to haul gear and good in the snow! Not many. I started on porsche boxsters! LOL doesnt quite work. Conversely, The redesigned WRX fit the bill perfectly. DAMNED good car. Now its difficult to decide which BOXER to take to work!

IMG_7087.jpg

she drove 3 hrs to pick it up for me, because she feels bad about how cool her tesla is lol WRX is fast, and fun, but the Tesla will leave it in a pile of dust from a moving highway start (we've raced a few times)

he who dies with the most toys wins, right?

IMG_7140.jpg

ride (and boat) safe guys! thanks for the pics.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

day 1 pandemic, I bought this completely derelict kawasaki KZ200 for my son for $100. We spent a few months rebuilding it. What I thought was just father son bonding/lesson learning, was way more. My boy became a giant gearhead, and I'm proud. he's 19 and in college and enjoying bikes.

View attachment 178121

he rode it EVERYwhere. 4000 miles in a year is a LOT IMO for Iowa on a 300cc learner. Even took a 500 mile trip to the driftless area...

He quickly outgrew it too though. SO we sold it. he made his first adult purchase this last march, and got himself a BMW f800r, fully kitted out for miles. Seen here in the background. he's LOVING it. We ride together whenever we can, but I haven't had much time to ride, because of soccer coaching yet though :( SOON. Decent trip planned in june.

View attachment 178122

I had to get a new car, with driver #4 entering the house. Hell take the pathfinder and care for it w hile only driving to school. Keep it nice to haul the boat. I was looking at fun ones to bridge the gap until a second electric car makes sense(close, but not quite out here), but also enough room to haul gear and good in the snow! Not many. I started on porsche boxsters! LOL doesnt quite work. Conversely, The redesigned WRX fit the bill perfectly. DAMNED good car. Now its difficult to decide which BOXER to take to work!

View attachment 178123

she drove 3 hrs to pick it up for me, because she feels bad about how cool her tesla is lol WRX is fast, and fun, but the Tesla will leave it in a pile of dust from a moving highway start (we've raced a few times)

View attachment 178124
Exactly where are boat name originated!

View attachment 178121

View attachment 178122

View attachment 178123

View attachment 178124

ride (and boat) safe guys! thanks for the pics.
Exactly why we name our boat this! everyone says we have too many toys!

Attachments

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ready for the bike park

20220521_084538.jpg

20220523_075140.jpg

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sold but not forgotten...my last trusty track steed... oh and for special occasions the State of Vermont was kind enough to give me a plate for street riding as much as a 319 lb 110+ RWHP hand built missile from aluminum, titanium, magnesium, zip ties, safety wire, and chrome moly can be ridden on the street... surprised a lot of R1's and R6's
105609086118924.jpg1004489376230886.jpg254881121191719.jpg614865261859968.jpg614879558525205.jpg614880665191761.jpg614881101858384.jpg620343774645450.jpg620348167978344.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sold but not forgotten...my last trusty track steed... oh and for special occasions the State of Vermont was kind enough to give me a plate for street riding as much as a 319 lb 110+ RWHP hand built missile from aluminum, titanium, magnesium, zip ties, safety wire, and chrome moly can be ridden on the street... surprised a lot of R1's and R6's
View attachment 188738View attachment 188739View attachment 188740View attachment 188741View attachment 188742View attachment 188743View attachment 188744View attachment 188745View attachment 188746
That is one hell of a bike. My good friend from Massachusetts used to race a TZ250 back in the day along with other yamahas and the TZ was a serious machine. Your bike is his engine with another smashed side by side with a slightly higher weight. My lord that must be an absolute blast

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is one hell of a bike. My good friend from Massachusetts used to race a TZ250 back in the day along with other yamahas and the TZ was a serious machine. Your bike is his engine with another smashed side by side with a slightly higher weight. My lord that must be an absolute blast
That was a trick full of trick parts and engineering but based on the stock cylinders which limited engine output because of the transfer port area/structure, we also had a prototype engine in development that mounted 4 TZ250 3MA cylinders and alternate stroke and crankshaft config to a custom CNC'd top engine half which was literally two 80 RWHP Late model TZ's bolted to the same transmission... at one point we had two programmable controllers (Power Valve, Ignition) and a Stack controller/tach. I did the chassis work and the engine development came out of Alien Tech Racing in Peterborough Ontario and Leitner and Bush out of Toronto. We had things like a HAAS VM5 mill and a Dynojet 150 chassis dyno.. Never had an Engine failure... stout.... 169 MPH up the back straight at Mosport was not an issue :) and it would stand on its tail... not bad for 499cc engine.. it was not a light switch like you would think we built it for midrange power and it was brisk and a blast to ride... get throttle happy and it would bite you... I actually stretched the wheel base from 52" to 54" and changed the swingarm geometry to reduce the tendency to wheelie under power... Think R1 torque... and darkies out of the corners...

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just noticed you live in Long island. Do you ride at mountain creek? I'm going to start going there on the weekends
Killington Is my go to mountain due to the season pass and condo to stay at. Mountain creek has some crazy lines and technical trails I have been there but like Killington better. Jumping on the mountain bike has improved my wake board wake to wake jumping skills.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I went to look at a 2014 Yamaha FZ09 last night for $5000. The guy told me that everything is in good condition and no damage. I drove 2 hours and it was immediately clear that I was going to pass on the bike. The bike was dropped numerous times with damage everywhere, rusted from being left outside, wasn't covered so the plastics/headlight were faded, needed 2 tires, and a chain. He had replaced the levers, grips, mirrors, turn signals, and rear sets with cheap ebay stuff because he damaged the original ones. I was pissed, but he offered for me to test ride it. So I wheelied it right in front of him and his reply was "how did you learn to wheelie? I was trying to learn but I went down". Red flags everywhere.

Killington Is my go to mountain due to the season pass and condo to stay at. Mountain creek has some crazy lines and technical trails I have been there but like Killington better. Jumping on the mountain bike has improved my wake board wake to wake jumping skills.
Let me know if you want to meet up in mountain creek sometime.