• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Booster Ball + Jetboat ?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use one when I tow from the lower tow point ( 3-4 person tubes ), however I don't use it when I'm towing from the tower with the lighter tubes. I think it works well. It doesn't reduce spray to the riders, but it does make it easier to swing them around because it keeps the tow line from dragging in the water as much.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could never see myself paying anything for another thing to blow up and deal with. I gave my tube to my dad when my kids started kneeboarding.

To get a tube outside the wake, try decreasing radius turns with increasing throttle. Buy the time you are competing a near u turn they should be way outside the wake. If your nice you can pause for a bit and let them come closer to center. If you want to launch them, immediately repeat the procedure on the opposite direction.

If you have "that guy" that says you'll never never toss me off, then do that procedure, starting around 40mph, with a full circle, ending at full turn and full throttle. They will fly, then cartwheel across the water. If they can fly a tube airborne for more than 2 seconds they are straight pro!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have one and I never use it.