• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Orb vs booster ball

vwrestler171

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking at getting a booster ball to help keep the water out of my kids faces while pulling them behind the boat. Any recommendations? I am seeing the Airhead ORB, the Sportsstuff Booster, and the O'Brien Shock Ball. Which one does everyone recommend and why?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought the west marine booster ball. $110 piece of shit I tried it with all of these and it sucked 1D577AFF-854E-4837-9007-8A127D30CE59.jpeg

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Everyone says you will have to use 75' rope to avoid the spray

vwrestler171

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do tube ropes even come in 75' lengths?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You will have to add an extension

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just keep the tube outside the wake. It's not exceptionally difficult, provides a bit more fun for the ride, and keeps the spray down.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We use the booster ball. 15 feet extension to the rope. Kids still get splashed in the face but not as bad as before.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have the sportstuff booster and like it. It knocks some of the spray down, but obviously not all of it. I do find it helps keep the rope up and out of the jet wash. I was able to sling the mess out of people yesterday. Was really the first time I had older people on my boat to really give it a workout. That an my boy is getting older now, I give him the business.