• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow subwoofer placement

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I saw a thread where someone mounted a sub in the bow of their Yami but can't find it:

242 bow.JPG

I have a 10" JL M3 sub under the rear port side bench seat (battery compartment) and was thinking of adding another one in the bow to provide some bass to the front of the boat.

Thoughts?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I’ve been curious myself for years as to how much room is behind there for possibly mounting a sub. I’ll be following for when you cut it open. 😁

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve been curious myself for years as to how much room is behind there for possibly mounting a sub. I’ll be following for when you cut it open. 😁
If it gets opened up it won't be me doing the cuttin............ :)

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to say the 8” I added project like crazy. Best speaker mod I’ve done. Not sure about a 10 but I’ll look if you want me to

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
c
I have to say the 8” I added project like crazy. Best speaker mod I’ve done. Not sure about a 10 but I’ll look if you want me to
crap, i posted link to wrong thread...and can't find the orig with pic of your anchor locker install

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_3143.jpegYou can put a sub there but u will have to make two cuts. You can see I made a better cut the second time. If I get bored one day I’ll redo the first hole. It works for now. And no one sees it so oh well

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the info - do you have a photo of the finished product?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm almost certain SotallyTober did that. His @ handle isn't showing up for me for some reason

If it gets opened up it won't be me doing the cuttin............ :)
:chicken::chicken::chicken:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw a thread where someone mounted a sub in the bow of their Yami but can't find it:

View attachment 217277

I have a 10" JL M3 sub under the rear port side bench seat (battery compartment) and was thinking of adding another one in the bow to provide some bass to the front of the boat.

Thoughts?
Is that a pic of your boat Dan? I can't recall the front. If so, I'd pull that cushion on the upper level and put it there, that access for the lower level will be a bitch to get to, not to mention it'll be at "foot level", and I'd be a bit concerned about placement there.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Is that a pic of your boat Dan? I can't recall the front. If so, I'd pull that cushion on the upper level and put it there, that access for the lower level will be a bitch to get to, not to mention it'll be at "foot level", and I'd be a bit concerned about placement there.
That lower level is easy to get to from the ski locker, if you're small enough to fit inside it. Or... you can fish wires around from under the front starboard side seat, once you've decided you're not too scared to cut a big enough hole for a 10" sub there.

When you pull the cup holders from that step on the newer models to get a look down in there, it really looks like plenty enough room for a subwoofer there.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That lower level is easy to get to from the ski locker, if you're small enough to fit inside it. Or... you can fish wires around from under the front starboard side seat, once you've decided you're not too scared to cut a big enough hole for a 10" sub there.
🤣 Dan's not scared...to let someone else do the damage 🤣

I know what you're saying about the room under the cupholders, I was terrified I was going to drop something in there when I pulled mine out. Other than not being able to reach in enough after my forearms would get stuck, that shouldn't be an issue. Dan's got those pipe cleaner arms, but he's still gonna pay this one done. Maybe I do this on mine and recruit him with beer and loose wimmins 😜

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It’s not my boat but it’s the same. I don’t want to remove the cushion but having it at foot level is a valid concern.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
🤣 Dan's not scared...to let someone else do the damage 🤣

I know what you're saying about the room under the cupholders, I was terrified I was going to drop something in there when I pulled mine out. Other than not being able to reach in enough after my forearms would get stuck, that shouldn't be an issue. Dan's got those pipe cleaner arms, but he's still gonna pay this one done. Maybe I do this on mine and recruit him with beer and loose wimmins 😜
Yup, I haven’t cut any holes yet and don’t plan on it. I would be glad to help you cut holes in your boat and you had me at “beer” - at my age it’s more appealing than wimmins….. :)

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

When you pull the cup holders from that step on the newer models to get a look down in there, it really looks like plenty enough room for a subwoofer there.
Thank you for the info!! I’ll try wedge my fat @ss in there and see what I can see once the boat is out of storage.