• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

broken trailer part

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does that Fulton bolt into the existing Shorelandr pattern on the trailer?

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
can we see a pic of the install?

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is what I think might be a solution

Take a look at the pic below, that is the stock position of the winch, if I move the winch back (towards the boat) a few inches, like they are talking about in another thread, I can then mount ANY jack that fits a 2 x 4 frame right in front of that. I am thinking about this one

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jack/MaxxTow/MT70149.html

I also ordered this from ebay, this way the wheel doesn't sink into dirt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powerbuilt-Trailer-Tongue-Jack-Base-Prevents-Sinking-640784-/281241124843?hash=item417b46ffeb:g:2uUAAOSwT5tWGRGw

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Trailer Valet. No issues with it breaking or anything and it seems to be beefy enough to handle my 24 foot boat.

However.

The thing is not perfect by a long shot. I never move my boat in 'high gear'--only in 'low gear'. That means I crank and crank and crank and crank and the boat has moved 6 inches. It gets it where it needs to go and I use it whenever I am putting my boat away myself. But I cannot see moving it on any slope that you could see. And sometimes I need to move the boat half way in, take a break, and then do the other half of the way. So if you are not in a hurry, it is fine. But be aware of the limitations before you drop the $$$ on it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Trailer Valet. No issues with it breaking or anything and it seems to be beefy enough to handle my 24 foot boat.

However.

The thing is not perfect by a long shot. I never move my boat in 'high gear'--only in 'low gear'. That means I crank and crank and crank and crank and the boat has moved 6 inches. It gets it where it needs to go and I use it whenever I am putting my boat away myself. But I cannot see moving it on any slope that you could see. And sometimes I need to move the boat half way in, take a break, and then do the other half of the way. So if you are not in a hurry, it is fine. But be aware of the limitations before you drop the $$$ on it.
Interesting. The pre-2015 240 trailers are similar, but not the same; what I have seen in those older ones (mostly in pictures) is: 1. the bow stop sits few inches further back on the front beam (about in the middle, it seems) and 2. the transom hangs over the bunks by few inches, not recessed like mine was.

If that is the case, my theory here maybe correct and spot on.

--

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do they still offer two versions of the trailer valet or did version 2 replace version 1.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Trailer jack update.

From what I can tell there isn't a bolt on after market jack that replaced the OEM tongue jack, of course you can always replace the OEM jack. The frame on my trailer is 3 x 5 so that limits the number of options.

I am going to try the Fulton xlt, it fits 3 x 5 frames and is rated up to 1500 lbs. The OEM jack was only rated to 1000lbs. I also moved the bow stop back a few inches to see if that helps. Really the entire project is pretty easy.

spwns105

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Trailer jack update.

From what I can tell there isn't a bolt on after market jack that replaced the OEM tongue jack, of course you can always replace the OEM jack. The frame on my trailer is 3 x 5 so that limits the number of options.

I am going to try the Fulton xlt, it fits 3 x 5 frames and is rated up to 1500 lbs. The OEM jack was only rated to 1000lbs. I also moved the bow stop back a few inches to see if that helps. Really the entire project is pretty easy.
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I'm having the same issues with my jack that you were having. I have a 2016 trailer. Just wondering what jack you went with, and if you moved your bow stop back any? Back, as in, towards the boat?
Thanks in advance.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I'm having the same issues with my jack that you were having. I have a 2016 trailer. Just wondering what jack you went with, and if you moved your bow stop back any? Back, as in, towards the boat?
Thanks in advance.
I replaced mine with one from Harbor Freight Tools for $29. It's rated for 1500 lbs and has worked just fine for over 4 seasons now

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Also blows my mind such a cheap tube/wheel is an industry standard. Can't beat the proof it worked good enough over the years, but I would pay more for a quality device, or maybe mount 2 as a backup - one wheel , 1 additional fixed for storage? Anyone mount a second on the other side?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
fy- Fulton offers an adapter plate that is supposed to be welded to the trailer in case users don’t want to go the U-bolt route.

Also i keep the cheap harbor freight jack around as a spare and have used it several times. When I thought I was going to use the trailer valet my plan was to also have the cheap jack or a Fulton on the other side.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks in advance.
I went with one of the fulton jacks from West Marine, I think it is rated at 1500lbs. It was a simple bolt on and it's been great, much better than the stock jack.

I'll see if I can grab a pic next time I'm next to my trailer.

I did not move my bow stop.