• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BRP Rotax 4tec flush relocate

d1mbu1b

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the flush port on the transom serves a function when underway.
Would it hurt to extend it up and under the swim platform for easier access.
My Boat hangs in a lift and its very difficult to screw in the hose.

Better yet, I would really like to rig up a gravity flush so I don't have to run the engine with no load on the impeller. My question is: would there be a disadvantage to taping into the water lines as they go into the top of the inner cooler and exhaust? Any ideas on making this work?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
it is the exit for excess water for the exhaust cooling system and intercooler even though you have a closed loop on the 4 tec engines you also have water being pumped in for the exhaust system etc. I always just left a plastic quick release hose fitting on it . That way you don't do anything but clip on the hose coupler I also used the one on the hose that has the on and off lever to be able to easily turn it on and off at the rear of the ski
The reason I avoid having the flush kit inside the hull is because I had one leak and destroy an engine from water ingestion.

Last edited:

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is a kit that you can get from your dealer to move the flush to another location on the boat. The part # is 461478. It comes with detailed instructions.(including pics)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
it is the exit for excess water for the exhaust cooling system and intercooler even though you have a closed loop on the 4 tec engines you also have water being pumped in for the exhaust system etc. I always just left a plastic quick release hose fitting on it . That way you don't do anything but clip on the hose coupler I also used the one on the hose that has the on and off lever to be able to easily turn it on and off at the rear of the ski
The reason I avoid having the flush kit inside the hull is because I had one leak and destroy an engine from water ingestion.
I have the remote kits installed. While flushing the engine I notice a lot of water coming from this hose hookup tube. Should this be plugged when flushing (similar to the hose being connected pushing water into it)?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not quite sure I am following you. But if you install a hookup outside the hull you need to block off the original one. The new location should also close or be closed during operation of the boat.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Not quite sure I am following you. But if you install a hookup outside the hull you need to block off the original one. The new location should also close or be closed during operation of the boat.
See picture below. The red arrows show where I installed my remote connections. I attach my hose to the quick disconnects (1 per engine). These disconnects are valved to prevent back flow. The original ones/hookups are located below besides the jets (yellow arrows). Are you saying the original ones should be plugged off during flushing or all the time?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok can you show me the factory instructions for the original hookups that you are pointing to in yellow by the pumps ?
not familiar with those , and I have never seen a flush attachment there, if it were there originally you did not need to add any new ones but something just does not make sense with this arrangement sorry ,
The reason for adding a new one outside the engine compartment was to keep water from leaking inside by the engines when the boat is in use, if the original fittings were actually by the pumps then there was no danger of that remember the original post was 4.5 years old. That being said I can't imagine there would be a flush hookup that does not have a valve to keep it from spraying water out during operation , all the valves I have experience with have the one way valve, the one that took out an engine on me had a bad valve that sprayed water into the air intake.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ok can you show me the factory instructions for the original hookups that you are pointing to in yellow by the pumps ?
not familiar with those , and I have never seen a flush attachment there, if it were there originally you did not need to add any new ones but something just does not make sense with this arrangement sorry ,
The reason for adding a new one outside the engine compartment was to keep water from leaking inside by the engines when the boat is in use, if the original fittings were actually by the pumps then there was no danger of that remember the original post was 4.5 years old. That being said I can't imagine there would be a flush hookup that does not have a valve to keep it from spraying water out during operation , all the valves I have experience with have the one way valve, the one that took out an engine on me had a bad valve that sprayed water into the air intake.
The OP asked if the flush port on the transom could be moved up and does it serve a function when underway. You stated it is an exit for water. I'm asking should this flush port be blocked when flushing thru my remote locations? Can they be block permanently?

I installed the 2 remote flush locations (red arrows) cause it's difficult to hang off the swim platform trying to reach the transom flush ports (as OP stated).

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I figured based on the picture that was the reason they were moved but I wonder why the original ones do not have a valve, the flush system only cleans the exhaust system, the water exits with the exhaust just like any other jet boat, So I'm not familiar with that setup.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I figured based on the picture that was the reason they were moved but I wonder why the original ones do not have a valve, the flush system only cleans the exhaust system, the water exits with the exhaust just like any other jet boat, So I'm not familiar with that setup.
When I purchased the 2 remote kits it didn't say what to do with the original flush ports. When I think about this logically, prior to installing the 2 remotes, attaching the garden hose to the transom port all the water is directed in and can only come out thru the exhaust. Now with the remote locations a lot of water flows out from the original flush ports. Would seem this should be blocked during flushing. The next questions is how do I do that since i would have to hang off the swim platform. Now I'm right back where I started.

Wasn't sure if you were familiar with the SeaDoo flush setups. No worries. Thx!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That was exactly what I was thinking, so the big question is do you actually need the original ports open I don't think you do

Terrance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the flush port on the transom serves a function when underway.
Would it hurt to extend it up and under the swim platform for easier access.
My Boat hangs in a lift and its very difficult to screw in the hose.

Better yet, I would really like to rig up a gravity flush so I don't have to run the engine with no load on the impeller. My question is: would there be a disadvantage to taping into the water lines as they go into the top of the inner cooler and exhaust? Any ideas on making this work?
Hello Dean
Just wondering where you ordered the relocation flush kit. I have the same set up as you.
RE: Boat on a lift after use.
Thanks Murf

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello Dean
Just wondering where you ordered the relocation flush kit. I have the same set up as you.
RE: Boat on a lift after use.
Thanks Murf
I ordered them thru the dealer. If you're thinking about doing what I did, you don't need the kit; just need a couple fittings and a hose (which the kit supplies). The hard part is actually doing the work due to very limited/tight space to work in. Your boat is different so it may be easier IDK.

I also found out that the original location should be plugged once the install is complete.

Terrance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I ordered them thru the dealer. If you're thinking about doing what I did, you don't need the kit; just need a couple fittings and a hose (which the kit supplies). The hard part is actually doing the work due to very limited/tight space to work in. Your boat is different so it may be easier IDK.

I also found out that the original location should be plugged once the install is complete.
BDFE95E5-B415-460F-B081-C3313FF4E49A.jpeg
Hi Dean.
Thanks for the reply. Very helpful.
I might just do the clip on garden hose mod for now.
My son can do the “twist and shout” hooking it up...lol
Cheers

Sent from my iPad

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Plugin the original flush port permanently, how did that work out for you?