• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Budget Sunshade

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would say, swap out the two cup holders on the lower swim platform with combo cup/rod holders, but that would be with no budget at the price of a s.s. one. Holy cow! Nothing under $100. I did see one for $98. Oh well, there is plastic.

View attachment 201512
I tried a couple years ago and those combo holders don’t work on the 21’ boats. The cavity was too shallow by 1”+ for the angled ones.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would say, swap out the two cup holders on the lower swim platform with combo cup/rod holders, but that would be with no budget at the price of a s.s. one. Holy cow! Nothing under $100. I did see one for $98. Oh well, there is plastic.

View attachment 201512
I have amarine for my tube fishing rod holders SS and the quality is fantastic. Would probably go with them.

Manannán

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are the standard cup/can holders enough to keep the poles planted, especially when used with the additional tie-down/tension straps? I realize rod holders add an extra measure of stability but if the cavity is too shallow on a 21' I'm guessing I'll have the same problem on an AR190?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are the standard cup/can holders enough to keep the poles planted, especially when used with the additional tie-down/tension straps? I realize rod holders add an extra measure of stability but if the cavity is too shallow on a 21' I'm guessing I'll have the same problem on an AR190?
I would not assume that you’ll have the same problem without pulling a cup holder and looking. It depends where your cup holders are located and what might be under them. The cup holders are down low on the 21s.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Awesome I have been looking hard at that. What size did you end up going with?
I ordered the 7x5 and its pretty tight stretch for my AR250 over the top of the Bimini. I may order the 9x5. I plan on fitting the 7x5 to a 212S tonight or tomorrow to see how it works. Ill report back.

Here is directly to the tower without the Bimini up. FullSizeRender.jpeg

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I ordered the 7x5 and its pretty tight stretch for my AR250 over the top of the Bimini. I may order the 9x5. I plan on fitting the 7x5 to a 212S tonight or tomorrow to see how it works. Ill report back.

Here is directly to the tower without the Bimini up. View attachment 202154
Fitting on 2021 212S w/ 7x5. FullSizeRender.jpegFullSizeRender.jpegFullSizeRender.jpeg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you get the 9’x5’ for your AR250 please report back - very interested in this.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought the Oceansouth T top shade. It’s a little narrower than I would like in the front but I think I can make it work well. I wanted something longer than their bimini extension to cover the transom area so I got the 5 x 7 x 7 size.

It’s really hard to mock up without having rod holders installed so I’ll get a friend over here to help this weekend.

It’s a really well made top and poles. Heavy canvas and stainless steel.

IMG_5361.jpeg

IMG_5359.jpeg

Manannán

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
THAT'S what I'm looking for! Yes, that certainly covers a lot more real estate than the bimini extension, and the connection to the Bimini frame looks easy enough. Thanks for sharing pics!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
THAT'S what I'm looking for! Yes, that certainly covers a lot more real estate than the bimini extension, and the connection to the Bimini frame looks easy enough. Thanks for sharing pics!
Wife wants me to return it for the bimini extension instead. She thinks it’s way too narrow at the front. I think there are about 15 minutes on any given day when the sun will be at the perfect angle where that will even matter.

So I’ll be returning it, because, you know…

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wife wants me to return it for the bimini extension instead. She thinks it’s way too narrow at the front. I think there are about 15 minutes on any given day when the sun will be at the perfect angle where that will even matter.

So I’ll be returning it, because, you know…
yup, we know...

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
9x5 on 210 FSH... Still working on how I will attach it but even like this it offers plenty of shade.
IMG_2798.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which company did that come from?

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We attach ours to the front cleats. Works great. It stretches far.
Unfortunately I only have 1 front cleat right in the middle so it doesn't work well.

Update: Found a slightly different way to attach it with a bungie cord through the bow eye. Much happier with it now, testing it out at the sand bar tomorrow!

IMG_2802.jpgIMG_2803.jpgIMG_2804.jpg