• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Budget Sunshade

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately I only have 1 front cleat right in the middle so it doesn't work well.

Update: Found a slightly different way to attach it with a bungie cord through the bow eye. Much happier with it now, testing it out at the sand bar tomorrow!
Thank you for sharing the pics……I’m gonna order the 9x5.

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anybody tried the version without the back poles that was linked early in the thread on a T-top yet?

I like the idea of less setup and would be willing to sacrifice some coverage for the simplicity of this setup. Not sure how stable it would be in the wind though.

Redarm31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anybody tried the version without the back poles that was linked early in the thread on a T-top yet?

I like the idea of less setup and would be willing to sacrifice some coverage for the simplicity of this setup. Not sure how stable it would be in the wind though.
[/QUOTE
I would like to see this as well.
I have a 195 fsh and not sure which to get

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Let’s see a pic of the 9x5 please. Curious to see the difference.
Got the 9x5 today and should be able to try it on the boat tomorrow. I was looking at your install photos and am wondering if the only connection points that you have at the bimini are the two velcro attachments? It looks like it stretches across really well and I didn’t think it would be that clean with only two mounting positions. Was there some trial and error until you got the connection positions just right?

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Got the 9x5 today and should be able to try it on the boat tomorrow. I was looking at your install photos and am wondering if the only connection points that you have at the bimini are the two velcro attachments? It looks like it stretches across really well and I didn’t think it would be that clean with only two mounting positions. Was there some trial and error until you got the connection positions just right?
It came with bungie cords that we loop around cleats and over the top of the bimini then under the side to the tower.FullSizeRender.jpeg

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Aaaah……OK. I didn’t have my bimini on so it was a bit awkward.

Not sure what I think of it yet…….

IMG_3056.jpeg

IMG_3057.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

IMG_3048.jpeg

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
seems like a good size and it fits well.
that material is interesting..thin and stretchy?
i'm waiting on cup/rod holders to arrive to mock fit my knock off oceansouth shade extension.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yup, it’s a spandex material and it stretches about a foot width wise and what seems like a couple feet length wise.

On the stern, it worked best when I connected one end to the transom strap rings on the underside of the transom but I’m not sure if it’s OK to submerge the material in water for extended periods of time.

Last edited: