• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Building my Basement Bar

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did a little tile work around the bar and added a new rug (to replace my concrete factory).

View attachment 90572
Digging the concrete counters! I’m thinking of doing a concrete sink in the bathroom. Seen some cool ones in various bars/restaurants I’ve been in. Similar to these.
8AB57F9A-620D-4B69-A652-CE3998200EA2.jpegC637B024-92E7-406F-BCF4-F276EBCADBD0.jpeg

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@AboveTheBest What about something like this behind your bar? You could get creative as hell with the setup... leave a space for a tv etc. Doesn't look like you have enough room to put a counter so some 6"/8" board running across may just fill the space and give you the space to put up some decorations... (bottles). Love the way it is turning out. Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 5.14.06 PM.png

Last edited:

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Digging the concrete counters! I’m thinking of doing a concrete sink in the bathroom. Seen some cool ones in various bars/restaurants I’ve been in. Similar to these.
View attachment 90794
Matt,

I have to finish the bathroom downstairs and plan on doing it to match the bar, since it’s just off that part of the basement.

The second vanity you pictured is one I have seen for sale at a local home store and I plan to buy the top separately (which is simulated concrete) and make the frame myself out of cedar planks and spruce 4x4’s. I thought about pouring my own top/sink, but then you get in to needing to seal the concrete with some VERY serious stuff to make it completely non-porous.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@AboveTheBest What about something like this behind your bar? You could get creative as hell with the setup... leave a space for a tv etc. Doesn't look like you have enough room to put a counter so some 6"/8" board running across may just fill the space and give you the space to put up some decorations... (bottles). Love the way it is turning out. View attachment 90803
Joe,

That is something I’m considering for the wall. I also like this, which is pretty similar but uses wood instead of the pipe.

BBAAC2A4-BE2F-4F9F-8CD6-B40D1494D0BA.jpeg

I bought the wood to do the bottom half f the wall in horizontal cedar, but now we’re thinking the black metal for the upper part isn’t the way to go. Now we’re thinking about vertical wood of a different color for the top part and maybe more shelves like above.

We still haven’t ruled out some stone or maybe even slate in some configuration for the upper part. It’s hard to know what to do,..

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally an update.

I spent all day yesterday and most of today putting the back bar together.

I ended up using the same cedar fence pickets, some rough-cut cedar 2x4’s, and some black chalkboard paint. I still need some trim and a top for the lower ledge.

It looks like a lot of wood on the wall, but soon it will have bar-type decor all over it (not too tacky, but a little).

I plan on writing things on the chalkboard, beer specials, etc. and will be hanging glasses and things under some of the shelves.
There’s no rush, and eventually I’ll accumulate enough “bar stuff” and it will look the part.

792CB440-BEA9-4745-AF24-0258651C59B0.jpeg
7D73C588-0202-476A-8152-24D3DE371138.jpeg

As a bonus, I threw my Dad’s old ski up on the column just in front of the bar.

I’m pretty sure this was the ski I learned to slalom on, but if it wasn’t I probably have more time on it than almost any other ski.
I planned to throw an old wood ski on the wall, but this ski has a much better history.

AC99DA4A-97EC-427B-A5AA-4530BA10A526.jpeg

Last edited:

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We bought some corrugated metal letters for the “BAR” that ended up making the whole thing look kind of cartoonish.

I think the gold 3-dimensionsal letters make a big difference in the overall look.

Decorating is for the most part finished, just need to finish the trim and add some more bottles :)

3686A286-7DB4-4A13-941A-F378D6313C5E.jpeg

**notice the prop on the top right. I love my Yamaha, but an impeller doesn’t have quite the recognition of a regular prop.

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice! But trust me, you will never be completely finished. There is always that one more thing you want to add...