• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Building my Basement Bar

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@AboveTheBest , is that a pickup tailgate turned into a bench? You really are above the best and I agree with @swatski that I shouldn't expect the same quality results as you. Nice work
That’s the last thing I have left from a F250 that I totaled while moving from Alabama to Vermont after flight school.

I had my truck with my Harley in the back and I was pulling a 20’ trailer with everything my wife and I owned.

It was a roll-over/total loss. Nobody was hurt and we got all new stuff. I kept the tailgate and finally got to do something cool with it about a year ago.

0E53FF99-17DF-4A5C-AE48-A11F0B0CC4CE.jpeg

Last edited:

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here’s something interesting...

Before the drywall crew mudded/finished the walls I marked several points of interest that I needed to access: AV box cutout, locations for surround speakers, and THE WATER SHUTOFF FOR THE HOUSE.

Apparently they weren’t worried about the water shutoff, as they mudded over my marks on the wall, leaving me only to guess where it might be.

I had the framers make a small bump out in the wall where the valve was, and my plan was to mount the deer head over this location (seen in earlier pictures). I made the final connection to my wet bar water supply today and had to figure out where the shutoff was.

I took my best guess from a picture I had of the unfinished basement and cutout a 1.5” hole at eye level dead center in the bump out.

Turns out I was pretty lucky and just had to make one more hole. Even luckier is that the deer head hides both of them :)

3253F76E-B271-4AF8-B8BC-D3E87DB13106.jpeg

You might also notice the scratches/gouges on my wall. That’s from the first day the deer was on the wall and my dog trying to play with it because he thought it was alive...

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
56A4AD21-6DD4-4AFB-9783-E6BAAA2B1EBC.jpeg2573E94F-D1BF-455A-927C-14AB475DCF9C.jpeg

Tomorrow i’ll Start pouring the bar top.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
73B4239A-BAD8-486A-9102-894957212179.jpeg

As I’m waiting for my bartop to cure and my support brackets to arrive I can’t stop thinking about the back wall of the bar.

Initially I planned on using galvanized roofing somewhere, and I like the idea of painting some black and running it vertically on the back wall.

I will have a 60x36” mirror centered about 4.5’ up in the middle, and plan on framing around the metal with more cedar. I think the black, cedar, and concrete look might go well together but still am not sold on what to do to the back wall.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I a big fan of Sam Adams. I would put one of their BIG mirrors up there (or which ever beer you like) or even different ones. But definitely SA would look great!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have you considered some type of brick or stacked stone? I'm a big fan of some I have seen in pictures.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the stone idea, and have thought about using it on the bottom half or possibly pillars on the sides.

I like the idea of using several different materials around the bar.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bartop is sealed, and tomorrow it gets set!

75DDEC8C-42E9-4D0A-80D3-19BC32D56A61.jpeg
20BB3038-3772-4B3A-9655-45A958BE0282.jpeg
81C0CEC5-C433-4ED8-B7B8-BC5CA2DAA4DE.jpeg

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It exactly 8’ long, which coincidentally is the same length as the melamine sheet I used as the form :)

The main bartop is 16” wife and will have a 10” overhang. The “L” is only 12” wide and will only have about a 5” overhang, as it is mainly just a return and I don’t plan to have a stool at that spot.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I like the stone idea, and have thought about using it on the bottom half or possibly pillars on the sides.

I like the idea of using several different materials around the bar.
I used wood and stacked. Built out the columns and added shelves. Your wall is much bigger but depending on the decor I like the way it turned out.

I am loving the concrete. Nice work!

86B18B6A-9C37-49C2-A82E-B3DA831B1225.jpeg

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used wood and stacked. Built out the columns and added shelves. Your wall is much bigger but depending on the decor I like the way it turned out.

I am loving the concrete. Nice work!

View attachment 90062
That looks awesome!
I think I would end up spending a small fortune in that stone veneer if I did thatonbmy back wall.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe

What is the board on the right with the brass plumbing bell hangers?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Copper pipe hangers mounted to a board and then put in wine bottles upside down.

My wife can’t seem to leave it filled up!
C6DE854B-DBC1-41C9-8275-C47101657784.jpeg

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s pretty clever

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok I am jealous of all of these basement bars. Now I want a basement just to build one. @MattFX4 did you leave enough clear span space for a pool table?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok I am jealous of all of these basement bars. Now I want a basement just to build one. @MattFX4 did you leave enough clear span space for a pool table?

I think. This area here across from bar is 15’x13’. I hope a pool table will fit here.

Attachments

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did a little tile work around the bar and added a new rug (to replace my concrete factory).

96087E5E-B9C9-4864-989A-0123AB2EFCCC.jpeg