• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Calling all TV Geeks

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I almost always take the free delivery.... that way if something is messed up with the TV - there is no he said/she said.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huge fan of the sony x900 series. Affordable and super clear picture

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last year we bought the Sony 55" 850 (for family room)
Last week we bought the Sony 65" 900 (this replaced a 120" 1080P projector in basement)
Great tv's and great picture.

Best part is android operating system, can load KODI on the Sony smart TV.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s awesome. I had no idea you could jailbreak it. I have a jail broken fire tv box right now

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Costco has a sale going right now for the Samsung 75" Q LED. We just treated ourselves to a new large TV instead of my original plan of recessing a screen and projector into our rec room ceiling. Plus when you buy from Costco they extend the factory warranty and you can buy multiple year warranties for next to nothing.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmmmmm.... I get wholesale pricing on Samsung, Sony and LG. Maybe I need to do a group buy?

Joking about the group buy but I could tell you what wholesale prices are.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmmmmm.... I get wholesale pricing on Samsung, Sony and LG. Maybe I need to do a group buy?

I don't want to know!!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't want to know!!!!
Last year I purchased over 100k(wholesale) of Samsung Tv's and I can honestly say that Best Buy always had the best price and a few times their price was equal to or just below my wholesale cost.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last year I purchased over 100k(wholesale) of Samsung Tv's and I can honestly say that Best Buy always had the best price and a few times their price was equal to or just below my wholesale cost.
That's good to know. I always cross shop Costco, WM and Best Buy. Last time the bought a large high quality tv we ended up buying from BB.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Costco has some low prices as well and good warranty.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I wanna know. Samsung model QN75Q75FMFXZA

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My whole system is old. Old HD Sony Wega (10y) 50 inch and a DVD surround sound system (14y). I'm convinced on Best Buy for price and whole package. Looking at the 65 Sony 930E and a 4K Blu-ray player. But seriously thinking of going whole hog with the Sony A1E. Should I get a Sony sound bar, the N95? Damn, right at $4K there and still need a TV cabinet...around $3K for the 930E....
Good to see this post!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So.....Not far off from Best Buy on the Q7 but BIG discount on the Q9 compared to Best Buy.
That is a 2 month old price list, often there are updates or rebates to the list to bring them current.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update.......I still have not received this freakin TV. Not happy at all with Costco delivery system. They use a freight company called CEVA. I had to go back to the original email and click, track shipment. It then asked me to schedule the delivery. I have received no alerts, or emails, or phone calls. Supposed to be here today. This is some crap service in my opinion.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We ordered paddleboards from Costco (twice!) and we felt the same the first time. Their big items come freight, not UPS or FedEx. It's just different. It took two weeks to get our stuff. It's not bad service, it's just the way they operate. Our stuff came in an 18wheeler that pulled up in front of the house.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got the sucker. Waiting on someone to come home so they can help me hang the thing on the wall!!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got the sucker. Waiting on someone to come home so they can help me hang the thing on the wall!!
Once you get it on the wall, spend couple hundred bucks and get an ISF calibration for it.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update on this purchase. After I got it hung and turn it on, I used the "Pro's advice" for the picture settings in the Consumer Reports product test report. I'm not sure if it told me to turn on or leave off the Auto Motion Plus feature, but when I first set it up I turned this to Auto. As I started watching TV I was kinda of turned off. I didn't like the way it looked compared to my old Plasma at all. I just kept telling myself it was because it was so much higher quality and I would get use to it. The more I watche it though I just didn't like the way the picture looked. I tried explaining to my friends and my wife why it was different, but I couldn't explain it in words. The picture was just weird. So my wife being the Google Queen that she is, started Googling this TV and why the movies looked "fake". She found this forum and this effect actually has a name. It's called the "Soap Opera effect". It's the TV reducing the blur of all images when the Auto Motion Plus feature is turned on. Once she said that, I was like....OMG, that is exactly what this looks like, some B Rated cheesy soap opera. So I went back into settings and turned it off, then went back and watched the same scenes in "The Martian" again to compare. It was night and day different. The movie finally looked normal.

So now I am happy with it. I think I still have some fine tuning of the picture, but overall I like the TV. We will see how the Cowboys game looks today. I have read that I may have to turn the Auto Motion Plus back on for sports viewing.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I recently tried the Consumer Reports settings for my Samsung and did not like the picture at all (and I'm usually a CR fanboy). I think the rtings.com settings are way better.