• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chaparral VRX 2021 Models

Lunarvrx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The process for drown mode is used on the PWC's by holding the throttle at WOT, this will prevent the firing, but will allow it to crank. Since the boat will not even crank unless it's in the neutral position, just pull all the plugs off of the COP's and it will dry crank.
I did it this way. Although it will not fire in dry crank, I expect fuel will still be injected. This will tend to defeat the purpose of lubricating the cylinders & rings.

Lunarvrx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Does anyone know how to put my 2021 Rotax 300 ACE engine into Drown Mode? It does not have the exposed throttle crank to allow placing it wide open for drown mode as Rotaxes used to have. The throttle crank seems to be totally closed with only external wiring. The manual does not explain how to implement drown mode.
I have now found out how from a shop manual - it doesn't cover my 300HP ACE but it appears to have the drowned mode info. With it being throttle by wire, I was not too bright looking at the engine end. The TAS is actually up front in the drivers console area.

Attachments

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Definitely takes 2 people for that. Grainy pic, appears to be a single engine example. My fly by wire TAS's are in the Starboard storage room on the backside of the helm wall.

Lunarvrx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes a single engine.
I am thinking I may be able to reach the TAS with my left hand and turn the key with my right. My boat presently is 500km away at my lake lot, so I will try it in the spring. Getting my spouse to help is not an option. LOL