• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston to HHI memorial day weekend may24-27 2019

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just asked wife if she would let me take boat for weekend and join yall... she said "when is it" this weekend... she turned me down. Said maybe we can do it again over labor day.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We hope to get out Saturday on our SeaDoo around lunchtime. So if you head toward HHI, check out the Freeport Marina on Dafuskie Island for lunch then head toward the sandbar on the May River. There is usually a good crowd at both and the tide is working for that schedule.
I have a Carolina blue RXT230 - usually with a cooler on the back. If I get out, I'll also look for y'all.
Thanks for the info. We'll be on my 212x and also my brother's blue/white Larson (below.) We are hitting the water about 10am in Charleston and headed to the house to drop off stuff and then we'll make our way to HHI.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On your trip through Beaufort you will go right past the downtown Beaufort marina.. under bridge on the right side.

Should have plenty if fuel to get there if you start with a full tank
Yeah, I'm not worried about fuel. Unless all the kids start wanting to tube along the way!

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like we're gonna be rained out for the trip. Bunch of money wasted but that's part of planning trips in the summer I guess.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Forecast is looking rough. Calling for 100% chance of rain and a good bit of it.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am sorry the weather didnt work out. I would have make the same call per the forecast. Having done it before on a couple of “perfect” days, I definitely would not want to experience thunderstorms along the route. The winds are also forecasted to be around 10mph, so the bay crossings would be rough. On the upside, it looks like a great weekend for boating up here, so you have that.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could always make the trip solo and have someone pull trailer to HHI...