• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chesapeake winery

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
How was it? Do they have a dock you can tie up to or do you just beach the boat?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Didn't go out since the forecast had 5' waves... in the Chesapeake. Winds were 17+ mph with gusts over 20. From what I was told, you anchor and then wade in to shore.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This looks like it would be great, my wife would definitely love it. Looks like it's just around the corner from Elk Neck. Let us know how it is if you end up going. Also noticed your in Downingtown - I grew up in Coatesville, graduated from CASH. Where do you normally boat?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This looks like it would be great, my wife would definitely love it. Looks like it's just around the corner from Elk Neck. Let us know how it is if you end up going. Also noticed your in Downingtown - I grew up in Coatesville, graduated from CASH. Where do you normally boat?
Boat on the Chesapeake when I can but also go to blue marsh in between. Those lakes have real algae problems

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@4x15mph i put my boat in at Blue Marsh on Sunday afternoon at State Hill a nice woman was standing next to an AR 210 I'm thinking that was your boat?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Chip F. , that's funny and your probably right except was she really nice at the ramp? It was windy and she was helping a lot of people out. The entire lake is Yamaha's so I am wondering which one was yours. I did see an AR240, 195, 210, ....

Great day even though it was windy. I got a scratch when docking and my wife learned how to anchor in 20+ mph gusts.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We go to Blue Marsh a lot, it's the closest lake for us. I had been using the Slate Hill ramp but switched to the Dry Brooks ramp so I can avoid the turnpike and the excessive fees. I see a lot of Yamaha's on the water and always wonder if any are on this forum. I need to be more social and just ask.

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Is Blue Elk Vineyard also accessible by boat? How many wineries in that area can you boat to? That sounds like a fund day trip.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is Blue Elk Vineyard also accessible by boat? How many wineries in that area can you boat to? That sounds like a fund day trip.
Blue Elk Vineyard has a dock on the river as well as a sandy beach area but when we went pass there last 4th of July, there wasn't a sole in sight which sucked cause we were hungry and looking for a place to eat on the water. I would call in advance to see if the water access is available. We had originally gone to Chateau Bu-De Winery but you couldn't get to the winery due to the area along the river being blocked off for fireworks that were being setup for that night. There were hundreds of boats anchored waiting for the fireworks display. On a normal day it looks like it would a really nice place to eat with access by boat (you anchor just off the shoreline - it's pretty shallow - and wade into shore to walk up to the winery through the vineyard). We watched the fireworks that night at Havre De Grace - they tow an old barge out into the bay and launch the fireworks from it. It was really cool and a fun evening.