• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chicago Loop Cruise

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey everyone. I am not sure how many will be doing this event, but I thought I would pass on a little info. I was on the Crownline forum and many of them are already booking rooms at the Alsip, IL Doubletree Hotel for the last weekend in April. The hotel informed one of the members there that the code for the Loop Cruise is "CLO". Just thought I would pass on this little bit of info to anyone thinking of coming and spending the weekend. This will be my first time and I'm really looking forward to starting the season off with this event.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some of us do this trip every year! Hope to meet you. I'll be riding with @OperationROL.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm really hoping meet some of the great members from here on the cruise. Especially before I jump into the big event at Shelbyville. I look forward to meeting you @007 and @OperationROL. I can't wait to see his new ride.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We may be in for this year, just have to see if I'm able to get the boat out and ready to go by then. I hate for us to not attend because it's only 45 minutes to an hour for us. I guess a big part of the decision will ultimately be the weather. My LS 2000 has virtually no place to hide if the weather doesn't cooperate....

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I still don't have comcast to my house yet and am almost out of data so could you tell me what the date is? Also, does everyone launch at alsip?
We will do our best to get life situated in time!
Also, is this something you register for or do we just tag along for tge ride?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We may be in for this year, just have to see if I'm able to get the boat out and ready to go by then. I hate for us to not attend because it's only 45 minutes to an hour for us. I guess a big part of the decision will ultimately be the weather. My LS 2000 has virtually no place to hide if the weather doesn't cooperate....
If we go you could ride with us as well.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
If we go you could ride with us as well.
Thank you, @Speedling .. I guess we can just see what developes on here and see what it looks like for you and us as it gets closer...

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still don't have comcast to my house yet and am almost out of data so could you tell me what the date is? Also, does everyone launch at alsip?
We will do our best to get life situated in time!
Also, is this something you register for or do we just tag along for tge ride?
Although I haven't participated in this event. I did do some of the route on my own last summer. I put in at Worth, IL. Which is where I believe everyone puts in for the loop cruise.
Even though it hasn't been updated for this year yet. You can get some information from last year's event from the website chicagoloopcruise.com.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Although I haven't participated in this event. I did do some of the route on my own last summer. I put in at Worth, IL. Which is where I believe everyone puts in for the loop cruise.
Even though it hasn't been updated for this year yet. You can get some information from last year's event from the website chicagoloopcruise.com.
This is correct. We put in at Worth, IL. The launch is right next to Water's Edge Golf Course. See the below link to view info on launch and Golf Course. http://www.villageofworth.com/index_recreation.htm Also, the CLC is always the last Saturday in April. Contingency day is usually the Sunday after that and if needed the following Saturday. However, we usually run the CLC in any conditions. One year we could have rain and 45 degree air temps and the next year, sun and 73 degree air temps.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thats april 24 then. Worth is pretty nice.
My father in law and i have done this just ourselves a couple times.
Do you all register for this then?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, if you have a boat in it. If you just ride along no need unless you want to buy a tshirt.

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The family and I are in!! We do this exact cruise 3-4 times per season for the last 5 years. We typically go up the Chicago river and come down the lake to the canal and back to the truck. Absolutely a great way to the city and Navy pier. Have to get the boat out of storage a little early this year do to Bimini so this makes for a good excuse to get her ready that much earlier. Has anyone ever than there boat on to the lake? We have ventured about 3 miles off shore but thats it. Would love to go a little further, but not without another boat along for the ride.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Often it's too tough to go out in the lake. We had a nice run up the shoreline one year, like @OperationROL said, conditions may vary!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I frequently go on lake michigan and it needs to be treated with serious respect. It's really a sea. As soon as wind shifts, you can go from perfectly calm to 8' or more waves in minutes! The part of the loop that crosses the big lake is not huge or anything and there is one marina in case you need shelter or gas.

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The lake definitely needs respect and an understanding of changing conditions. Last summer we launched in Hammond and boated up to St. Joseph. Very nice boat ride. Just have to watch which way the wind is blowing.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Would love to be a first timer in this cruise. We have talked about doing it on our own, but with a group it sounds much better.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FunOnTheFox.com usually does a loop cruise a few weeks later when it is warmer. Stops off at the in water boat show at the 36th street harbor before locking into downtown. I am hoping to do that one this year.