• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chicago Loop Cruise

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I've been hinting about this for a while. it's a bit of a haul from Columbus, but its something I've wanted to do for some time now.
What are the details? Staying at the Doubletree? How do I register? I'm sure of lots more questions to come.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've been hinting about this for a while. it's a bit of a haul from Columbus, but its something I've wanted to do for some time now.
What are the details? Staying at the Doubletree? How do I register? I'm sure of lots more questions to come.
We usually drive in the morning of, but of course we are only 1 hour away. @Sheboat always stays at the Double Tree with the others. It is a fun time and there are usually lots of memories created. Registration will probably open no earlier than 1 month prior to the date. Just keep checking chicagoloopcruise.com for more details or keep an eye on the crowniehq.net site. This event started from the Crownline Boat Owners. Most of the boats on the cruise are crownies. Yamahas are usually the second biggest group.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2015 Loop Cruise is scheduled for the last weekend in April, here is the link: www.chicagoloopcruise.com
We will be arriving at the Double Tree Friday afternoon for the boat inspection and some great tailgating. See you all there, hoping for a nice sunny day with calm waters.

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Registration opened yesterday for the cruise on April 25th. Already registered and ordered t-shirts (mandatory). Done the trip many a times, but by ourselves. This will be interesting cruising in the canals with 60 other boats. Should be a good ride, although Im sure it will be rough until we get on the lake. Hopefully we can make a good Yamaha showing at the event. Sign up now.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm gonna guess that the waves in some areas on those backwaters are gonna be pretty stinking rough!
We probably won't make it, but if we do make it out, it will be out on Lake Michigan for fishing and such and will make our way later in the morning over to that way to watch the boats cross over to the Calumet Harbor.

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am curious just how rough it gets on the canals and river. Does it get really bad since the wakes can't disipate? I'm gonna be there but what's it been like in the past for you guys that have done it before?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know i've been on there when there were boats coming back from the air and water show in Chicago, and it can be VERY rough. Also, be sure you have a good set of bumpers easily used and a good hook to grab onto the edge for the lock, and also for other boats. You may even need it to push off of other boats if the waves are that messy and you are waiting to get into the locks from the lake side.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am curious just how rough it gets on the canals and river. Does it get really bad since the wakes can't disipate? I'm gonna be there but what's it been like in the past for you guys that have done it before?
Yes, it gets really rough in some spots especially where there are walls on each side. If you get stuck in the lead group with all the go-fast boats it is the worst. They all fly through there trying to show each other how good and daring they are and muck up the water for us smaller folks.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm in! Just regitered, now just need mother nature to cooperate

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It does get very rough, one year I got caught up with the group in one section and the choppy waves were higher than the boat, you just have to power through so you don't get swamped. After that we learned its best just to hang back with just a group of 2-3 boats or leave early as Julian mentioned. Are any of you staying at the Doubletree?

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm in! Registered, t-shirt and towel. I'll be heading up from Columbus early Friday morning, hopefully getting to the Doubletree mid afternoon, enough time to get the inspection completed.
Good call about the hook and bumpers. I'll also need some flares and probably will pick up a small VHF radio just to have.
I haven't made any reservations as of yet at the hotel, but will soon.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
hey, I know there are channels you need to be on while out on the river, but if you guys go out on the big lake, what channel do you all want to use to talk? I may buzz over and say hi or something if I'm out. I'll get ya from Portage marina but it may be when you're closer to Calumet Harbour, not downtown Chicago. Who knows, perhaps I'll get some friends together and actually do the loop this year.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In the past I think we have used channel 78 for our group of Yamahas. Hopefully we will be able to do the full loop and meet up with you otherwise we head West through the Cal-Sag then North up the Chicago river.

Steve & Heidi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It does get very rough, one year I got caught up with the group in one section and the choppy waves were higher than the boat, you just have to power through so you don't get swamped. After that we learned its best just to hang back with just a group of 2-3 boats or leave early as Julian mentioned. Are any of you staying at the Doubletree?
Hello ladies. Long time. Our boat is not accessible until the middle of May. You have any room for Heidi and I to ride along with you two? We may also have a guy join us who is from Singapore. Good guy. Let us know. Miss you guys!

Steve & Heidi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes. The event usually had a good showing of Yamahas. Last year we had 4, but in years past there has been close to 10 at this event. I expect that in addition to @007 and myself, you will meet up with @JCampbell ,@Sheboat , @buckbuck , @trace . I would also like to get @Steve & Heidi , @pumps and hose , @Nathan Bryant , @Speedling and others to come out and represent!
Neil, we are open and up for the cruise however our boat is in storage until mid-May. We are looking for a ride and have asked Sheboat if they might have some room. If not maybe Jim? I'm sure we'll find someone to take the "Jello shot crew".

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Neil, we are open and up for the cruise however our boat is in storage until mid-May. We are looking for a ride and have asked Sheboat if they might have some room. If not maybe Jim? I'm sure we'll find someone to take the "Jello shot crew".
Trust me, you will not be without a ride. Everyone that is coming will invite the company. You are always welcome aboard Perfect Heaven II.

scot71

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All signed up! Now, I just need to get the boat back home so I can get the preseason maintenance done. I think this weekend looks like a good time to roll her home.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello ladies. Long time. Our boat is not accessible until the middle of May. You have any room for Heidi and I to ride along with you two? We may also have a guy join us who is from Singapore. Good guy. Let us know. Miss you guys!
Hi Steve, we would love to have you join us but I have an invite out to 4 others that have not confirmed yet. Let me get on them to see if they are coming or not and if not you are all welcome to join us. I will get back to you in the next week.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Steve I will PM you with my number, looks like we have room for you!