• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chicago Loop Cruise

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Steve & Heidi - Right now it's only @007 and I on our boat. I believe @JCampbell is bringing his own boat and have not heard if @trace is coming up for the cruise. I also don't know if @buckbuck is also planning to ride with us. I say all of that to say, we have space. Even if all the regulars come, we will still have space.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OMG! How will we pee if there is a girl on the boat?!?:oops::p:D

Just kidding, can't wait to catch up, the more the merrier. it's been a long winter. Hoping to visit some family too on the road trip.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Texted with Neil this morning. We won't be able to make it this year. Christy is in the final push to finish her PhD and it looks like her defense will occur the week after the loop cruise, so she will be neck deep in defense prep. Sorry we are going to miss seeing everybody.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am going to pass this year also. I am too embarrassed to pee off the back of the boat.:)

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Reactions: 007

Steve & Heidi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Neil, just heard back from Sheboat they have 6 or 7 going so if it's okay with you and Jeff we'll ride with you guys.

Assuming it is, what time do you get to the launch?

Thanks

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Neil, just heard back from Sheboat they have 6 or 7 going so if it's okay with you and Jeff we'll ride with you guys.

Thanks
Woot! Woot! :D

can't wait for this trip!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ok, well, I haven't registered...
but I may launch and seem to be doing the same thing as everyone else. IF I can wiggle my boat outta the garage that is!
I had some friends that seemed interested in going.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Thanks
Sounds great! We usually get there at 7 ish, get the safety inspection, launch, and then tie up and wait till about 10 am when the group takes off. Neil II just told me he's coming also.

Reactions: 007

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey @OperationROL
we still don't know if we are going due to all the scheduling, but how intense is the safety inspection? Like, should I take the time to put my filters and flame arrestors back in? What if I don't register and just show up? I didn't plan on registering because it will be more last minute for us :(
I have all the jackets, the vhf, the flares (although I probably need new ones at this point) etc. but the flame arrestors are the only thing I can think of.
Or is the inspection only for those that registered?
If I don't register, will I be SHUNNED by all?

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Speedling, I pulled these pdf's from someones post on the Crownline forum. They are from their inspection back in 2013.

Attachments

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Speedling . The inspection is not a huge deal. Make sure the following are true:

1. you have an extinguisher that is not expired or approaching empty.
2. you have flares that are not expired
3. you have an emergency sounder that works (air horn)
4. batteries are covered (battery box) or the terminals are completely covered with black tape.
5. you have a throw accessible (I keep mine between the captain's chair and the side.
6. since your engine/injection is covered, they will not assume flame arrestors. One year they made me uncover mine, and show them. I pointed to the velocity stacks and they assumed they were behind them somewhere.
7. VHF radio (don't remember if it is mandatory for inspection, but it is for going on Lake Michigan). They have asked me what channel for boater in distress (16).
8. something to scoop water out if needed
9. horn works
10. anchor light works
11. navigation lights at bow work
12. Numbers can be seen from 100 feet (I had to change mine last year)
13. First aid kit
14. Capacity placard mounted
15. have your registration

If you do these things you will pass. If you do not pass, you can still make the trip, just know that you are more likely to get pulled over.

As for registering........I would so there is no issue. Even if you don't do it ahead of time, come prepared to give Don at least a 20. Think of it as a donation for his time in organizing the hotel, website, sponsors and coast guard inspection.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hmmmm
I need battery boxes! Previous owner just had the straps to tie them down so there is nothing over terminals.
Guess it's time to check the dates in those flares and flare gun too.
Actually, does the factory fire extinguisher on the boat expire every year?
Guess i would fail!

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have some unfortunate timing of business travel that unexpectedly come up and won't be able to make the cruise this year, at least on the as planned date. If for some reason the even is pushed to another weekend, I should be available. I have been voluntold to travel to Amsterdam two days early (was leaving Monday, now leaving Saturday).

What am I going to do!!!

No Shelbyville and now this. I'm being punished in some way. I just know it.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Tad Steinberg, you are just going to have to quit work so you can dedicate more time to Yamaha Boating. Life will be much simpler that way. ;)

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have some unfortunate timing of business travel that unexpectedly come up and won't be able to make the cruise this year, at least on the as planned date. If for some reason the even is pushed to another weekend, I should be available. I have been voluntold to travel to Amsterdam two days early (was leaving Monday, now leaving Saturday).

What am I going to do!!!

No Shelbyville and now this. I'm being punished in some way. I just know it.
Do you want me to pick up your shirt or did you contact Don already to ship it to you?

Tad Steinberg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I contacted Don separately. I may have you do that, we'll see what shakes out. Thank you for the offer.

I'll just become independently wealthy so I won't have these kinds of issues.

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Tad!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Some things of note to show everyone what won't pass!
batteries like this
20150416_191133.jpg
also, my flares expired in 2011!!!!
i have a flare gun, is there any laws against that?
the dry chemical fire extinguisher is good for ten years from date stamped on the bottom. In my case i havevuntil 2017. But will be sure to buy before bimini trip.
just thought it might help others!

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I sure hope next Saturday is as beautiful as it is today. Anyone get out for a test drive today?