• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chicago Loop Cruise

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, I'm out. I was really looking forward to doing the cruise and meeting some of you before Shelbyville, but high 40's and rain just doesn't sound like all that much fun to me. If it were moved to Sunday I wouldn't be able to attend anyway. I am wondering if any of you that are still planning to attend would want to pick up my shirt and I can arrange with you for shipping. I would be very appreciative.
We are going to attend on Sunday. Weather sounds better. I do not mind picking up your shirts and sending them to you. Let me know

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are going to attend on Sunday. Weather sounds better. I do not mind picking up your shirts and sending them to you. Let me know
That would be great if you could do that for me Justin, thank you. I will send Don an email to let him know that you are going to grab it for me. Just get with me and we'll get the shipping figured out. It's just one shirt and my name's Scott See.

Again, thank you very much and I hope you have a great day. :)

Sheboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are not boating Saturday or Sunday but going in to tailgate and stay over tonight for a little get away.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saturday was cancelled. Of the 7 registered Yamahas only @Justin G. and @JCampbell attended on Sunday. My Sundays are so busy. There is no way I could have gone then without blowing off a number of events. I have not seen any pictures yet, but I am sure they will come. I am glad you posted. It reminds me that I have to meet up with @Sheboat to get my CLC shirts.

Reactions: 007

Justin G.

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Working on getting some photos posted from the trip. Sunday was by far the nicer of the two days but still a little chilly. Wife was buried under her blanket the entire time we where downtown. The wind coming throughout the buildings was brisk to say the least. Didn't make it out on the lake as the winds were blowing 18-20 straight in from the east and the waves would have made it "exciting." Still was a great time and loved meeting the regulars. Got to meet @JCampbell and am pumped about trying to wake surf behind his setup. The wife and I went out again last weekend, but the canals were full of debris which sucked, literally. Stopped constantly to clean out the jets. We should try to set a Yamaha trip for later in the season. The trip is much nicer when you can get out on the lake.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm all in for a Yamaha trip later in the season. Let's try to get that done.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
You should all cone over to the portage area and the warm water discharge. The mill uses lake water to cool the steel but they can only allow it to come out 10 degrees warmer thanlake temp. The discharge creates a huge beach area with warm water. IIt's like the party cove of Lake Michigan but the wild stuff stays on the yachts. If anybody comes out with me give me a heads up and I will bring a burger or something for ya!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You should all cone over to the portage area and the warm water discharge. The mill uses lake water to cool the steel but they can only allow it to come out 10 degrees warmer thanlake temp. The discharge creates a huge beach area with warm water. IIt's like the party cove of Lake Michigan but the wild stuff stays on the yachts. If anybody comes out with me give me a heads up and I will bring a burger or something for ya!
I am willing to come down there. Where exactly? I tried to look it up, but could not find it. Is that close to the Indiana Dunes?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Portage marina
its just off of 80/94 by a Quaker state and lube (actually a resteraunt) and a bass pro shop. I will try to remember to post better info when I get home. We will start going out there just before Shelbyville and the rest of the summer!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is by the Dunes. I have heard about that area and always wanted to boat there. We will have to make it happen.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've heard a little about that area also. I'm gonna have to talk the wife into heading up that way.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
At work when I usually post but was thinking of starting a thread south shore boating stuff.
my season really starts with the gary air show in july.
Super busy with 2 jobs and church stuff right now but I will find a way to squeeze it in when I get home. Then again we are going out to cedar lake tonight and heading to sandbar grill! One last night off before the big fireworks rush!
People are already going nuts. It's annoying really.