• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chicago to St Louis run 5/4-5/5 Great Loop Run

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds great, @robert843!
I'll confirm tomorrow on my end. @Betik if your dad would want to come and ride with us it would be awesome!
I'm thinking, provided water gets back to "normal", we'll not need a chase vehicle this time.
Basically, if she's stateside, Kate will just drop us off and would stay "on call"/standby during the weekend - in case of an emergency or if we need to be bailed out somewhere with the boat.

--
Well, I might have spoken too soon as Kate is in Thailand(?) that week (or at least that’s what she tells me, lol).
I’m going to figure something out though so I think this is still a doable date.
(I can be very resourceful with single parenting, lol)

And getting the boat up to Peoria to start there is not going to be an issue, I may even slip it there ahead of time at the Peoria Boat Club, seemed like a great place when I visited in March.
63915441-5C7C-4505-A5A2-31279486E5FE.jpeg683E7393-BB2C-49D9-9D6A-C065C2120026.jpeg5A5DEE6C-98CB-4BE9-8BE7-14B979BF936A.jpegA16394D5-F9D2-4DFF-9703-F7918F20E2AD.jpeg

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I might have spoken too soon as Kate is in Thailand(?) that week (or at least that’s what she tells me, lol).
I’m going to figure something out though so I think this is still a doable date.
(I can be very resourceful with single parenting, lol)

And getting the boat up to Peoria to start there is not going to be an issue, I may even slip it there ahead of time at the Peoria Boat Club, seemed like a great place when I visited in March.
View attachment 94571View attachment 94572View attachment 94573View attachment 94574

You could always just bring the girls with us maybe they would enjoy the adventure. The Flight I would be coming in on arrives at Mid America Airport at 7:23am on Friday so I can help get the boat where ever.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could always just bring the girls with us maybe they would enjoy the adventure. The Flight I would be coming in on arrives at Mid America Airport at 7:23am on Friday so I can help get the boat where ever.
Sounds good, @robert843!
Well in that case I could pick you guys up Friday morning (from the Mid Am airport, just East of STL) with the boat in tow and we would trailer up to Peoria (or Starved Rock?).
The STL - PEORIA is basically a short enough (2hr) drive so we would all fit in the truck (up to eight) to save time.
Then start Fri afternoon, or stay the night in Peoria (?), or start early Sat and try to go all the way to Grafton/Alton/St. Louis?

Me thinking... with this scenario (i.e. starting the trip on Fri), depending on conditions, we could conceivably reach past STL.
Maybe as far south as Cairo (that's the end of the Upper Mississippi) or even push further to Paducah on the Ohio river (depending on your plans for the next leg - if going down the Lower Mississippi? or Tom-Tenn?). IDK.
I'm open to possibilities!
Looks like we would have the range a far as fuel to get to Cairo, the last fuel stop (past St. Louis - before Paducah) is Kimmswick, MO.

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
if going down the Lower Mississippi? or Tom-Tenn?). IDK.

--
I have only just begun exploring there further south stages and if I had to guess it will likely be the Tom-Tenn will be the way I will go but still unsure at this time. @Andy S I think may have done a little more research on the southern legs so he may have more info to chime in if that is the path we are going.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just put Aug 9-11 on my calendar. I’d like to come along assuming I can coordinate my chase/pickup vehicle. (Shouldn’t be a problem)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I so want do this. My anniversary falls in the middle of the week prior and we have our young nephews staying with us this summer. This is one of those things that even jewelry can’t fix. I would be probably be staying at my brother’s house for a long time if I committed to this. If not for the nephews I could likely convince my wife to come along. I will stay tuned in case things change for me.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I so want do this. My anniversary falls in the middle of the week prior and we have our young nephews staying with us this summer. This is one of those things that even jewelry can’t fix. I would be probably be staying at my brother’s house for a long time if I committed to this. If not for the nephews I could likely convince my wife to come along. I will stay tuned in case things change for me.
I think it is truly amazing what you are doing for your nephews! Frankly, I kind of envy them!!! lol
Keep us posted, and no worries if you ever want to go we will do it again. Personally, I just love trips like that and not chasing the whole loop at this time, so we can do the Peoria run again anytime. Fall should be great, too, I love the river in the Fall.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am in. Dad is going to make a test run to NJ i August so we will know if he is any good at driving or not. LOL

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have only just begun exploring there further south stages and if I had to guess it will likely be the Tom-Tenn will be the way I will go but still unsure at this time. @Andy S I think may have done a little more research on the southern legs so he may have more info to chime in if that is the path we are going.
Tenn-Tom is the way to go if in a JB, unless you want to get a diesel powered trawler or do it on a small N/A ski (and hike ashore for fuel) - the old'Miss past Cairo has just about two marinas with fuel in a thousand miles or so, lol.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in. Dad is going to make a test run to NJ i August so we will know if he is any good at driving or not. LOL
FANTASTIC news!!!

EDIT: please don;t worry about driving this time, if dad wants to come he should ride with us, I'll figure out the truck situation, no worries.

--

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Aug 10th and 11th works for me, that is assuming my working schedule doesn't change again which I think is a very low possibility.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik if you want to bring your ski I will drag mine up for this and run it together on skis

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Betik if you want to bring your ski I will drag mine up for this and run it together on skis

sorry for the delay response; been hectic. Anyway, so I can be poetic and say something like a higher being has advised me to restraint from such behavior. Or I can be more down the earth and present the fact.
  • Aug 11th is the weekend prior to school starting
  • I will be missing shopping back to school
  • After showing your video to my wife, I presented the case to my dear wife that the team needs a driver.
  • A few day ago she asked, "which weekend is the trip again ? "The 11th", I said, " want to come?". "GET LOST" she said.
Towing the ski, might be a give away that this is fun trip and I am not sure I would like the consequences. My wife might give up 2/3 of her closet for me to fit the boat, but storing the toes and being allowed to use it quite a different story

On the positive side, my dad drove his first 2 miles after the accident. He did not wreck the truck, so I see that as progress.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
sorry for the delay response; been hectic. Anyway, so I can be poetic and say something like a higher being has advised me to restraint from such behavior. Or I can be more down the earth and present the fact.
  • Aug 11th is the weekend prior to school starting
  • I will be missing shopping back to school
  • After showing your video to my wife, I presented the case to my dear wife that the team needs a driver.
  • A few day ago she asked, "which weekend is the trip again ? "The 11th", I said, " want to come?". "GET LOST" she said.
Towing the ski, might be a give away that this is fun trip and I am not sure I would like the consequences. My wife might give up 2/3 of her closet for me to fit the boat, but storing the toes and being allowed to use it quite a different story

On the positive side, my dad drove his first 2 miles after the accident. He did not wreck the truck, so I see that as progress.
Glad to hear your dad is starting on the mend.

Sounds like you will just have to enjoy the ride... means he must be edited out of videos or wear a horsehead mask for the trip!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does this mean we are locked in for that weekend? Just checking if I should be booking plane tickets

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does no awnser mean we are still undecided?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry I was driving in the Boonies!
I’m in!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That Burnham Harbor ramp was pretty narrow, funny to see it again.
And we were loaded up with fuel!
Good times my friend!
That last set of locks was a little rough, lol:

Like... Illinois Guantanamo:

Next time we need to get you a camper enclosure, lol

And provide you with a English-Greek dictionary.
("Road Closed" means "ΚΛΕΙΣΤΟΣ ΔΡΟΜΟΣ")

--