• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Chicago to St Louis run 5/4-5/5 Great Loop Run

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where is this info coming from, if I may ask?

Considering that many IL farmers use barge traffic almost exclusively for commodities' transport I find it surprising the key locks would be planned to be inoperable for what amounts to half of already restricted season.

--
It’s actually 2020 so we will want to finish this year probably. Marsellus and Starved Rock will face partial closures this year but we cleared one and can skip the other and start on the other side of it since we made it to it. Link is below.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually plan to knock out some more of the loop tomorrow. Around 6am I plan to launch and clear about 1/4 to 1/3 of NC

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where is this info coming from, if I may ask?

Considering that many IL farmers use barge traffic almost exclusively for commodities' transport I find it surprising the key locks would be planned to be inoperable for what amounts to half of already restricted season.

--
It was a picture taken at the great loop gathering for loopers this past week in Norfolk Virginia. A couple on Facebook have made a page "lucky me loopers" to document their trip.

That was piece of info they received.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did start finally editing video tonight hopefully in the next few days I will post footage its crazy the amount of video we got

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So @Andy S @swatski @Betik @Mainah here is the video I have thrown together for now. This is a Jetboatersn.net exclusive release as I have not made it public on youtube as I have not found a good thumbnail yet so if you guys have any suggestions for that let me know. You can however copy the link and share it with who ever like as it is just unlisted not private. Also please ignore the title this was by no means a fail it as an awesome trip the fail part is basically just click bait since we didn't make it to St Louis.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Even thought the trip was shorter than planned I'm still bummed that I couldn't join you guys. Nice video.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So @Andy S @swatski @Betik @Mainah here is the video I have thrown together for now. This is a Jetboatersn.net exclusive release as I have not made it public on youtube as I have not found a good thumbnail yet so if you guys have any suggestions for that let me know. You can however copy the link and share it with who ever like as it is just unlisted not private. Also please ignore the title this was by no means a fail it as an awesome trip the fail part is basically just click bait since we didn't make it to St Louis.

That is one heck of a good looking crew but need to find some bikini models for August. Nice job with the video as usual.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

What a great watch!
Thank you, @robert843

--

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Glad you guys could make it our way! Chicago is nice, and from Starved rock down to Peoria you see some good wildlife area but all the locks is boring and gross.
Certainly looking forward to Peoria down to STL!!! Better have a video of that!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@swatski Did you end up using your extra gas cans? Or, were those more for the southern leg?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Did you end up using your extra gas cans? Or, were those more for the southern leg?
No, we never ran out.
Brought all of it back. Practicing refueling with those (in various positions) currently with the Landy, lol.

It was a very good test though. The one caveat is - it was rather cold/cool, so high temps would certainly make this test more complete.

I have learned the following:

1. I can bring eight 5 gal jugs on a trip and it stays put where I have it with zero spills - 6 jugs fit in the ski locker (with a partially deflated old ballast bag stuck in - far foreward - holding those up from the fore), I used old comforter to tuck those in nice and tight (-ish), the other 2 in the wet compartments (in the stern) - "secured" with bumpers; no issues trailering or cruising.

2. Those 5 gal jugs with ("old style") fast spots and vents are the way to go - they empty fast and with no spills (the factory contraptions (EPA approved) are slow and dangerous)

3. the long necks (two part) are great, the top cap needs to be loosened 1/4 turn to permit venting; that would be critical in hot weather

4. All of the vents leaked after I drilled a hole and just installed the vents as per instructions (with no sealant); I did that before the the trip; that is one thing I do not like about the set - the vents will leak unless re-sealed; for reasons I'm not entirely sure about one is not suppose to use sillicone.

I will be re-sealing all vents with a gasket maker, I've sealed them before but I want to make sure they don't leak in hot weather.

EDIT: I've been planning for best options for fuel reserves, for the Lake Powell and future trips.

--

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
August 10th and 11th could possibly work for us also!! We don't have anything on the schedule as of yet.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
August 10th and 11th could possibly work for us also!! We don't have anything on the schedule as of yet.
I will leave this one up to @swatski if he is free these days I will make it work but I think he had some stuff going on these dates.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will leave this one up to @swatski if he is free these days I will make it work but I think he had some stuff going on these dates.
Those dates could work, as far as I can tell, need to check a couple things at work and I should be able to committ by next week.

Incidentally, it is very good time to ask about it home, too, now that the Blues tied the series tonight! lol.
(Kate's a bit obsessed with hockey)

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those dates could work, as far as I can tell, need to check a couple things at work and I should be able to committ by next week.

Incidentally, it is very good time to ask about it home, too, now that the Blues tied the series tonight! lol.
(Kate's a bit obsessed with hockey)

--
Well, I should have said: I think it can work - unless @Betik needs me to be a chase driver for his Erie Canal trip on those dates!

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LOL I think I am good for 8/10 & 8/11. If you are guys are getting serious please do let me know as our summer if booked for every weekend until end of July.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL I think I am good for 8/10 & 8/11. If you are guys are getting serious please do let me know as our summer if booked for every weekend until end of July.
If @Betik is good for those dates I’m good as well @Andy S are these dates you can pull off?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also I ran about 1/4-1/3 of NC last weekend Vicky want to run to the other 2/3 with me if any of you guys want to come do that with us you are welcome to do so

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds great, @robert843!
I'll confirm tomorrow on my end. @Betik if your dad would want to come and ride with us it would be awesome!
I'm thinking, provided water gets back to "normal", we'll not need a chase vehicle this time.
Basically, if she's stateside, Kate will just drop us off and would stay "on call"/standby during the weekend - in case of an emergency or if we need to be bailed out somewhere with the boat.

--