• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Clean out plug blowout? (pool noodle mod)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Harshhobgoblin I checked my garage and while I still have every set of plugs I pulled out of the boat I can't find the latches and think they probably went in the trash (please don't tell @Geoff Cooper , he just won't understand)

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Harshhobgoblin I checked my garage and while I still have every set of plugs I pulled out of the boat I can't find the latches and think they probably went in the trash (please don't tell @Geoff Cooper , he just won't understand)
Off topic, but Scott, are you going to the lake today? Wind is rough. We were planning to go out yesterday but didn't go.

Harshhobgoblin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Scott, thanks for checking I really appreciate it. I think I'll just order a new latch and cannibalize the parts I need. Where did you order your latches from?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@scokill not planning on taking the boat out at all this weekend, the girls are out of town and the boy doesn't care that much about it,

harsh- I can't remember where I bought them, probably west marine or overtons, maybe even amazon, they were about $23. ea

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Harsh, Im in Longmeadow and have the EZ locks if you ever wanted to see them

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the better way to replace the crappy stock cam latchesIMG_1881.jpg

Tom V

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_1887.jpg Adjust the length and hack saw off the extra material, they also come with the off set catch piece like some of the o.e ones use. price should be around $50 each, last latches you will ever have to install.

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pretty cheap insurance imo. I just ordered a set of EZ Locks just now @Cobra Jet Steering LLC . Even though I'm feeling really lucky. :p:D

TheGreekTitan, 5 minutes ago

Yes the ez locks are still available and if you live in Canada please email me if you want to order them since the web site has priority medium flat rate shipping programmed onto it but I can send them several ways to save shipping costs. I just had a Canadian order for one lock with 45 dollars for shipping so I sent them a partial refund and shipped it in a padded envelope to save them money.
I just bought a lock for my 2015 SX192, once the lock arrives do you drill the hole with the lock in gauged?