• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cleaning products

Bryon720

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2019 SX210 and plan on using it exclusively at Lake Cumberland. I noticed the vinyl is not a smooth texture more of a pitted texture.
What would you more experienced jet boaters recommend for cleaning the vinyl and rest of the boat? I see people talking about boat bling products and 303 protectant is one better than the other? Thanks in advance for any info>

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have always used 3m vinyl cleaner/protectant but have seen a bunch of others mention the boat bling and 303 products as well. Curious to see what others have to say.

For me, the 3m seems to do a good job as a protectant but just ok as a cleaner.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone ever use LA Awesome from the dollar store?

It's pretty impressive in my experience. Worth A try, it's only $1.

Bryon720

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have seen boat bling products advertise 100% UV protection does 303 offer this?

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use 303.

What dock at Lake Cumberland? I am out of Alligator II area.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use 303 for protective purposes. It's very nice. For hard cleaning I don't like to waste it, so I clean with Awesome, and protect with 303. But I'm cheap, you don't have to be.

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bryon720.. did you just say a 2019?? Damn.. post pictures of the new girl!! And Congratulations..!!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the other boat bling products, but found the vinyl sauce to be more than underwhelming. 303 for the vinyl for me. A magic eraser with light pressure does wonders for anything stubborn.

Bryon720

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use 303.

What dock at Lake Cumberland? I am out of Alligator II area.
I plan on using Alligator II also, going to try and get down there early Monday to look into some storage leads and do a little boating, might see you out there.

Nick Aulakh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat!! But better check that transom strap before you drive off. Looks like they have it really loose. Safety first!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The blue accent on the upholstery looks very nice!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bryon720 Beautiful boat, congrats!
I love 303 AP for everything inside, protects from UV and prevents dry rot of rubber and plastic, about the best there is. Safe on everything including helm instruments and electrical wires. It is not a cleaner, technically, but over time you may not need one with frequent 303 use.
I would wax this new hull, any quality cleaner wax (I like Klasse best) - you may be surprised how well it'll work, factory gel coat does not have any protective coating.

--

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I plan on using Alligator II also, going to try and get down there early Monday to look into some storage leads and do a little boating, might see you out there.
Launch at the old Alligator I location at the end of HWY 76. DO NOT launch at Alligator II down 1383. That hill going to that ramp is ridiculous.

I store at Anglers, right up the hill on 76 and pay $399 a year with electric. PM me if you want their contact info. Stored there for 18 years now and never had a problem.

I am in a black 2017 212 Ltd S which has the neon green old school twin engine and high output stickers added. I duno why I like those but I do. I need to debadge the OEM graphics and get some matching neon.

We will be there all weekend, probably pre-winterizing on Monday.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use Mary Kate Ultimate Vinyl Cleaner (search for it on here) and seal the vinyl with 303 UV protectant. Do NOT use a Magic Eraser on your vinyl interior. It is known to rot the threads and vinyl as it has some nasty abrasives to it.

Bryon720

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bryon720 Beautiful boat, congrats!
I love 303 AP for everything inside, protects from UV and prevents dry rot of rubber and plastic, about the best there is. Safe on everything including helm instruments and electrical wires. It is not a cleaner, technically, but over time you may not need one with frequent 303 use.
I would wax this new hull, any quality cleaner wax (I like Klasse best) - you may be surprised how well it'll work, factory gel coat does not have any protective coating.

--
Thanks!! The 303 is sounding like the best route. I will check out the Klasse thanks for the info.

Bryon720

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Launch at the old Alligator I location at the end of HWY 76. DO NOT launch at Alligator II down 1383. That hill going to that ramp is ridiculous.
Definitely Ally I, Ally II hill is horrible. Mad respect for people that launch there.
I store at Anglers, right up the hill on 76 and pay $399 a year with electric. PM me if you want their contact info. Stored there for 18 years now and never had a problem.
Called Anglers/Alligator storage they were full. Meeting someone Monday I will probably go with them. Thanks so much for the offer though. Hope the weather is decent.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Boat bling vinyl sauce to clean for me then I use boat bling conditioner sauce a few times a summer to get them soft and conditioned and man that conditioner stuff smells good

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Who has a good cleaner for waterline scum buildup?
I have crud along the sides of my Hobie Skiff jet that polishing compound doesn't want to cut.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Boat bling here. Hot sauce is like magic