• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Close to buying

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That stinks where are you located? Check out the classifieds here, often some great deals on well-cared for boats.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Very good advice. Thank you. We are middle aged and now enjoying our quiet time. Likely not going to entertain much. The boat will live in the dock most of the time but we might like to bring it into the garage in the winter. We have had 20 ft bow riders over the years and found them to be a good size. Our latest is a Scarab 165 HOI. Going to a 21 ft will be a nice jump back to something more stable. Hubby is concerned that the 210 might not have enough performance.
Have you considered staying with a Scarab if there are power concerns? The 215 (21’) is available with up to twin 300hp motors.

As for the 21 vs 24, do you have an adequate tow vehicle when trailering is needed? That helped us decide to go with the 215. Mainly because when we go camping (and take the boat) our second vehicle wouldn’t be able to handle the 255.

Does your local dealer still have both a 21’ and 24’, even if it’s not the exact model you were looking at? Go spend some time in each, and see what fits you the best. Maybe even take a cooler to figure out where you’ll store it.

Good luck deciding!!!

KitKat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have you considered staying with a Scarab if there are power concerns? The 215 (21’) is available with up to twin 300hp motors.

As for the 21 vs 24, do you have an adequate tow vehicle when trailering is needed? That helped us decide to go with the 215. Mainly because when we go camping (and take the boat) our second vehicle wouldn’t be able to handle the 255.

Does your local dealer still have both a 21’ and 24’, even if it’s not the exact model you were looking at? Go spend some time in each, and see what fits you the best. Maybe even take a cooler to figure out where you’ll store it.

Good luck deciding!!!
The Scarabs are awesome boats. We love the quality but I am looking forward to the clean out ports. Towing won’t be an issue. Good advice on the test drive. Thanks!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
The Scarabs are awesome boats. We love the quality but I am looking forward to the clean out ports. Towing won’t be an issue. Good advice on the test drive. Thanks!
Understand.

Hope the decision ends up being easy!!!

KitKat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, seems we will have to look elsewhere. Yami dealers nearby not interested in taking in the Scarab even with its low miles. They don’t seem to want it on the lot. Guess business must be booming. From a marketing perspective it could show we switched sides! Anyhow, tired of chasing the unicorn. We are now looking at I/O’s. The scarab reviews on this site scared me. The I/O dealers are happy to take our trade and cash. Thanks for the advice everyone. Nice community. Cheers!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Well, seems we will have to look elsewhere. Yami dealers nearby not interested in taking in the Scarab even with its low miles. They don’t seem to want it on the lot. Guess business must be booming. From a marketing perspective it could show we switched sides! Anyhow, tired of chasing the unicorn. We are now looking at I/O’s. The scarab reviews on this site scared me. The I/O dealers are happy to take our trade and cash. Thanks for the advice everyone. Nice community. Cheers!
Don’t be afraid to stick around and keep us posted on what you end up with!!!

What I/Os are you considering? When we were looking we had narrowed it down to the Regal and the Monterey, with the Four Winns and Glastron just behind.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Don't pass up the 24' because you think you won't need the room. That shouldn't be the reason, you will always be glad you have the room. Mainly when you bring out extra friends and family and don't have to turn someone away. The only reasons for not getting the 24' in my opinion are
1. Budget - only get what you can afford
2. Storage - which boat can you get in where, can you build new storage, or are you ok storing outside
3. Towing - is your vehicle sufficient to tow the size boat you purchase or are you ok upgrading your two vehicle.

I went through this same process and ended up on a new last year model 212x because of #1 - Budget. We many times have 10 adults/kids on our boat - we make it work but extra room would not be unwelcome ever.