• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra steering, choppy at slow speed

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
fun was expected. fun was had. thanks y'all

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So…. Just to recap, the one guy that had a problem and posted a pic had the source of the issue identified, and a solution offered. And, I would be willing to bet that had @Wake_Dude requested it, a new spring probably would have been mailed out already.

But, everyone else is ganging up on a guy and is amazed when he is defensive. ??

Makes no difference to me, but I’ll continue to work w Jeff. I’m on a side by side forum and there are a couple guys making really good products that don’t tolerate nonsense either. People buy their stuff or they don’t. Several of the discussions on those forums are similar.

Keep in mind, any of those questions could have been sent to Jeff individually for response, or heaven forbid actually call the guy. It’s tough to keep up with the social media world that we are in now. I imagine a 1 man shop that’s been doing this 20+ years isn’t interested in making nice on FB just to sell stuff for his side gig when the product speaks for itself.

Anywho…

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you, finally someone gets the drift and quite frankly the ones who go on all the posts and start b/s by making comments that only show their ignorance of the subject is really a waste of my time and everyone on the site who reads that nonsense, 20 years 5 us patents over 100 patented claims and over 12 thousand Yamaha jet boat customers. I never hire marketing people to speak for me If I have something to say I have the gonads to put my name on it , Always have and always will , I laugh at these games because I do not need to sell a damn thing. And if you think telling me you won't buy my product because I don't play games somehow bothers me you are clueless I honestly feel you have no business enjoying the features and benefits my systems provide so please cut off your nose to spite your face , so foolish. So have a great day and perhaps some of you should spend more time doing other things than posting on a page just to attack people who spend a lot of time helping others enjoy their boat and the time they spend with their filmily and friends out on the water.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So…. Just to recap, the one guy that had a problem and posted a pic had the source of the issue identified, and a solution offered. And, I would be willing to bet that had @Wake_Dude requested it, a new spring probably would have been mailed out already.

But, everyone else is ganging up on a guy and is amazed when he is defensive. ??

Makes no difference to me, but I’ll continue to work w Jeff. I’m on a side by side forum and there are a couple guys making really good products that don’t tolerate nonsense either. People buy their stuff or they don’t. Several of the discussions on those forums are similar.

Keep in mind, any of those questions could have been sent to Jeff individually for response, or heaven forbid actually call the guy. It’s tough to keep up with the social media world that we are in now. I imagine a 1 man shop that’s been doing this 20+ years isn’t interested in making nice on FB just to sell stuff for his side gig when the product speaks for itself.

Anywho…
You're not wrong. Not even a little. I've been that guy running a side gig out of his garage nights and weekends, and then having to defend myself on a public forum against various levels of attack. That situation sucks. However there is a certain level of decorum that should be upheld in that situation.

The general attitude is what gets me here. Sure, buy his stuff or don't, clearly he has a competitive product at a competitive price. He even has excellent customer service to back that up. He's also outwardly a dick to customers in an open forum. Why? What does that serve? Why be a dick when you can ignore and move on and know the sales are coming anyway?

At some point as a successful small business owner, you should find a place where you give no shits about your potential customers and can still be cordial about it. That level of professionalism is missing here; in spades.

And, just to be 100% clear; I have no doubts Jeff's products work, or that he stands behind them 100%. I won't buy because I don't want to do business with a jerk, even though I honestly think he has the best product for my application.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Arguing with some folks is like wrestling with a pig in mud, at some point you realize the pig loves it.