• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cobra VM AK + Lateral Thrusters Ready to go

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here is a picture of the newest 2019 version of the magnum A K -19 for 21 and 24 foot Yamaha jet boats.21 foot Yamaha with magnum A K -19 steering system for 2019  twin  engine models.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You would need the inner nozzle also big difference with that part as well as the other two and they are still not available.
https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/5b856b1f87a8660b20517dca/jet-unit-1 you would need part numbers 25 , 28 and 31 all are new numbers and none have a price listed yet The mega fangs would not be compatible but the magnum A K system can be upgraded to adapt to the new parts and the original AK fangs will also work . I also noted that numbers 3 , 5 , 10,21,25,27,28 & 31 also have new part numbers .

I have a few tricks in the works also.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the photo! That looks pretty cool.

Can you post pictures from the sides too? So we can see how the opening of the nozzle and the fins come together?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You would need the inner nozzle also big difference with that part as well as the other two and they are still not available.
https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/5b856b1f87a8660b20517dca/jet-unit-1 you would need part numbers 25 , 28 and 31 all are new numbers and none have a price listed yet The mega fangs would not be compatible but the magnum A K system can be upgraded to adapt to the new parts and the original AK fangs will also work . I also noted that numbers 3 , 5 , 10,21,25,27,28 & 31 also have new part numbers .

I have a few tricks in the works also.
What I don’t understand is what took Yamaha so long!
this new pump is amazing. Really hits all the points, no doubt.
Except tracking at speed. Still need fins for that. And I would keep my extra support rod for sure.

Looks like it will be an expensive upgrade, but I just love this new design, what we have been talking about for years here to build on their own ride system.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is a customers picture that was sent to me .I do not have any side views .

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What I don’t understand is what took Yamaha so long!
this new pump is amazing. Really hits all the points, no doubt.
Except tracking at speed. Still need fins for that. And I would keep my extra support rod for sure.

Looks like it will be an expensive upgrade, but I just love this new design, what we have been talking about for years here to build on their own ride system.

With the LTEs installed on my 2007 230s I feel I have regained the handling I really desired. Boat responds, and reverse is as it should be. I would not install the new gates if someone dropped them for free to my door (except out of curiosity if I had extra time...but not because I desired more control) Full Disclosure, I also have Cobra Fins on the boat.

If somebody wants to send me the gates to test my will, my home address is:

Just kidding...
I really don't want them :)

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Actually even though you do not want them in reality The gates would do no good without the nozzles and those will do no good without the inner nozzle so the L T's are not compatible with the new 2019 nozzles nor are the mega fang plus fins compatible, due to the totally different setup .

Attachments

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, these new pumps are a completely different beast.

@JetBoatPilot said that same thing himself, which I though was pretty damn honest and awesome as it would cut directly into his business. The man knows how these boats handle that’s for sure, so coming from him - there is zero doubt in my mind the new Yamaha OEM pumps and nozzles are a winning proposition.

I can not wait to get my hands on those. I would still want a set of fins sitting down at speed, as that is what I like. So I’m watching this thread and other developments, thinking what the ideal setup would be now with those new pumps?

Fangs and AKs are really great in my boat so it will be a very high threshold to pass and to beat.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree these 2019 changes set a before and after in the capabilities from OEM, (I think...actually catching up to what you could only with aftermarket before for Yamaha) If the pricing would return to earth for 24ft+ boats...then I'd be looking..for now nothing beats my 08 :)

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah, these new pumps are a completely different beast.

@JetBoatPilot said that same thing himself, which I though was pretty damn honest and awesome as it would cut directly into his business. The man knows how these boats handle that’s for sure, so coming from him - there is zero doubt in my mind the new Yamaha OEM pumps and nozzles are a winning proposition.

I can not wait to get my hands on those. I would still want a set of fins sitting down at speed, as that is what I like. So I’m watching this thread and other developments, thinking what the ideal setup would be now with those new pumps?

Fangs and AKs are really great in my boat so it will be a very high threshold to pass and to beat.

Yeah I thought that was pretty strong statement from Will as well and says a lot both about him and the new nozzles. I’d love to try them, but I wouldn't go as far as trying to retrofit them on my boat. My setup with LTs and AKs does everything I could want and I would be surprised if the new nozzles could do much better if at all - but I’ve been surprised many times before so there is that. :D:D No question though that they appear to be a huge improvement over the old OEM. To be fair Will didn't go as far to say they are better than LTs, he still thought LTs are "marginally" better. :) ... ok... he may be a tad bias on LTs. lol
All kidding aside, I can definitely agree that it is a huge step in the right direction for Yamaha boats and can't wait to hear the feed back from @swatski when he does the retrofit. :winkingthumbsup"
Might try to get out on a demo this next summer to feel how to works.

YYYBN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Would these steering upgrades have any effect on your wave if you were using either a Wakebooster on the wake wedge?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Would these steering upgrades have any effect on your wave if you were using either a Wakebooster on the wake wedge?
If you are talking about the Cobra AK Fins and the JBP Lateral Thrusters, then I would say no, I don't see how they would have any affect.

YYYBN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks, new to the jet boat world. It is spring time and looking for what modifications I need!!!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What @MidnightRider said, no issues with the Cobra fins and Wake Wedge (what I run with), I don't think anyone have had a chance to test the WakeBooster yet but I would think it would be an issue.

--