• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Concealed Handgun License

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpg

Finally got my CHL. Now I'm legal to carry.

Last edited:

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They recently opened a new gun club here in Frisco. My wife and I are going to make a date for us both to get our CHLs. What kind of pistol you carrying?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great, I hope we frequent the same places!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to the club

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Brmorganjr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a big responsibility.....Had one in TN....don't take it lightly....you are now held to a higher standard....be alert.....and yes I did have to pull mine...trust me you don't want to go through that...

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's a big responsibility.....Had one in TN....don't take it lightly....you are now held to a higher standard....be alert.....and yes I did have to pull mine...trust me you don't want to go through that...
I completely agree. Just as important as the mandatory handgun training is understanding your states laws and taking a personal handgun defense class. After that it's important to practice at the range regularly.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sometimes it's more hassle than its worth to carry.....

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with all the comments. I'm not a daily carry type of guy. I'm only going to carry situationally, you know, like when we go to the movie theatre (and I ain't joking). In Texas you don't have to have a CHL to carry a gun in your car or boat. I won't ever carry a gun on my boat (unless I go to Falcon Lake- the lake that borders Mexico).

The CHL class definitely makes you think twice about using a weapon.

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Be careful taking it in your boat if its a Corps of Engineers Lake...as it is not legal.

Last edited:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Ruger LCP is now America's most sold gun. It only recently beat out Remington's 870

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a Glock enthusiast, but; I picked up a Ruger .380 LCP for concealed purposes. It's a really nice gun which is compact and easy to conceal. Sells for about $300.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcp/index.html?r=y
I am a Glock enthusiast, but; I picked up a Ruger .380 LCP for concealed purposes. It's a really nice gun which is compact and easy to conceal. Sells for about $300.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcp/index.html?r=y
Carry pistol is the same except LCP-ct (Crimsom Trace laser) We also added the rubber grip and magazine extentions. For home: Glock 27 Gen 4 40 cal. with crimson Trace laser.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Carry pistol is the same except LCP-ct (Crimsom Trace laser) We also added the rubber grip and magazine extentions. For home: Glock 27 Gen 4 40 cal. with crimson Trace laser.
I have the crimson Trace laser with custom camo grips on my .45. I really like it as it shows up well even in bright situations.

Last edited:

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I am also a shooting instructor, but not c.c. classes. Have carried for about ten years, never leave home without a gun. GO TO THE RANGE A LOT! Easy for me to say since I'm their every few days but, the cops and other leo I work with can slip in 3 months and they are highly trained.

miketke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They recently opened a new gun club here in Frisco. My wife and I are going to make a date for us both to get our CHLs. What kind of pistol you carrying?
I'm a member at the new Frisco Gun Club and I've had my CHL for about a year now. Let me know if you ever want to go shoot!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Love my Sig P250 Compact 9mm. Just a great gun. @mgabsa , I wouldn't be on Falcon without my AR and a minimum of 1K rounds!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I always take my good friends with me on falcon... they get crazy at the sandbar!!

Screen-Shot-2012-07-04-at-9.26.47-AM-620x306.png