• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Concealed Handgun License

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 52779

Spent another two hours and 150 shots at the range today in search of a carry pistol,

I had the intent of either the springfield XDS or Glock 43

I ended up liking the MP 9 Shield (probably felt best), Ruger LC9 (felt and shot well for the price) and the best target grouping, easiest shooting was Sig 938,

Still undetermined,
I have been carrying a M&P Shield for several years, my Wife carries one as well, great firearms.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought I would not like the M&P shield before I tried my dads. The next week I ended up swapping my g19 for the shield as my carry pistol. I have a curved pinky extender on the 7 round mag with hornady critical defense ammo in it. I have second 7 round mag with curved pinky extender for range ammo on top of the stock 8 rounder with range ammo. That way I can practice without having to unload and reload my carry mag.

I also tried the g43 and was not a fan. I have a 5.25 competition 9mm xdm yet something just felt weird about the xds in my hand when I tried that.

Bottom line is they will all probally do a better job than you or I if we should ever need to defend ourselves so practice practice practice and get what is comfortable with a grip that is easy and natural to repeat.

Just my .02

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is but one of multiple, similar stories I've heard about Ruger.
I've actually had a good experience with them also. We bought new Hogue grips for my daughters Mark III and one of the grip screw heads was semi stripped. I checked online and was ready to order some for $10 when I saw on the Ruger forum someone with the same problem was told to call Ruger.

I called the 800# and very quickly an operator took all my info and said I'd be receiving a new set in the mail shortly. I asked "how much" expecting there to be some type of charge as this was way to easy and she very pleasantly told me it was complementary and thanked me for my patronage.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also tried the g43 and was not a fan.

I fell in love with a 43 yesterday. Pick up my new one tomorrow. I was dead set on an FNS9, but I just feel like I need a 43 in my life now.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I fell in love with a 43 yesterday. Pick up my new one tomorrow. I was dead set on an FNS9, but I just feel like I need a 43 in my life now.
There is a reson the that glock became the stadard that everyone had to try and copy. It is a great pistol but just felt odd in my hand. Maybe it was the grip angle combined with the pronunced back contour on such a small pistol, not really sure. Still a great pistol. With today's manufacturing techniques there are lots of goid ones to choose from.

Congrats and enjoy.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 52779

Spent another two hours and 150 shots at the range today in search of a carry pistol,

I had the intent of either the springfield XDS or Glock 43

I ended up liking the MP 9 Shield (probably felt best), Ruger LC9 (felt and shot well for the price) and the best target grouping, easiest shooting was Sig 938,

Still undetermined,
Try the Kahr PM9 or even the P380. . . . . The ease of concealment (especially in the summer months) is excellent, and the accuracy is outstanding.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Personal EDC is my S&W 380 bodyguard (w/Crimson laser).

Truck gun (and/or larger carry) is my Springfield XDS 45. Very smooth gun.

Wife carries a Taurus LCP. Make sure she goes to the range and weapon handling courses with me.