• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Concealed Handgun License

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
How does that work on falcon lake, do they have bouys set up to let you know where to stop, before you enter Mexico? Or does no one really ever venture out on that lake for pleasure? Just curious.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just have a little .22 pistol here. Fun to plink with, cheap to use. It's a nice 5 1/2" barrel S&W. We got it and the Conceal carry when we moved into our current house. There were some people down the rail road tracks that didn't like all the new "rich" people moving in and taking over the town. Rich is the funny part. I typically make just over 50k a year. I don't consider that rich except by other countries standards.

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
i love the small size. but i would also look at a glock 42
I haven't seen the 42, the 27 is what I would get if I wanted a compact Glock

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife and I have a C.C. Licenses and don't actually own a handgun. I intend to purchase one, I grew up with firearms around a little bit, but not alot. I was shocked that we obtained a Utah CC in Missouri with ZERO range time and only actually touched a gun once during the course. Before we carry, I want to get some better instruction and range time. I've not shot a pistol in about 25 years!

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I own and love the S&W .380 bodyguard. I carry it on my vest as a backup.

JetSet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I keep my AZ CCW just for the reprocity in other states. I can't carry at work so I usually don't carry unless I'm on vacation (right now) or if we are out late. I almost exslusively carry my LCP (proudly made in Prescott,AZ). I had a few ounces removed from the trigger pull. Best $40 I ever spent.

JetSet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you ever get out to Arizona I can do a private lesson for you and your wife. As said earlier I am an NRA Instructor and have taught hundreds of people. No charge, just bring ammo, I have different firearms you guys can use for the day.
How big of group do we need to put together to have you do some tactical training in Yuma?

JetSet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I prefgroups, 4 people would be the minimum and maximum unless I brought another Instructor down with me, a good friend of mine is a Retired Navy Seal of 20 years on Seal Team 3 and he is also an Instructor, so we could go up to 8 people if he comes along. Instructor to Student Ratio is very important to ensure Safety and that everyone gets equal attention/instruction/training. If we were to set up a training in Yuma it would need to be fairly soon before the weather gets to warm, normally a defensive/advanced handgun course will run close to 8 hours.

If it were you and Denise it would be no charge, but would like you guys to come up here to do the private training.
Thank you, Dan, for the kind offer. Looking forward to seeing you and the family again.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats !! let freedom ring !
My sidearm of choice is the glock 19 or 21. smooth, narrow, safe and configurable for some nice night sights ! The Comp-tac CTAC is a great holster to limit printing.

I had a beer with GUNNY a few years back......we were at a shooting match in Butner NC...My Son went to say Hi and tell him he came in second....Gunny replied without hesitation.."well you didnt win did ya...try harder next year" !!!! AWESOME !!!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Tollus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have my CHL, don't carry as often as I should. When I do I carry a Springfield XDM 3.8 9mm. Also carry my wifes Beretta PX4 Storm compact 9mm sometimes. Fits in the same holsters ironically. My full sizes handgun is a .45, but it's a full size full steel bodied gun. My pants would be dragging at my ankles if I tried to carry it.

I can't carry on the boat because most of the waters I'm in are technically MD and MD is a ridiculously strict state when it comes to gun laws. Maryland's state line includes the Potomac river, not VA sadly.

I too hope to never need it but better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. I'll never understand how they think laws will prevent criminals from carrying guns, selling drugs, etc. Drugs have been outlawed for years, the bad guys still break the laws and sell drugs....they even make it into drug free school zones. So outlawing anything only takes it out of the hands of law abiding citizens. OK, off my soapbox.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
this is great for the car too for road trips, but unfortunately is visible in a parking lot...like at work.....so its use time may be restrictive.

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/cart.php
Yeah, when driving, this holster would be awesome. However, as you mentioned, it does have its limitations. I, personally, bought a cheap nylon holster and mounted it in side my center console. One would have to open the console to access the weapon, but the firearm is completely out of sight both during transit and when parked and the vehicle is left unattended.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just purchased a FNH FNS-9mm after much research and shooting different guns at the range. I'm very pleased with this weapon. I've had CC for 25 years and only had to pull a weapon once. My wife pulled the weapon once while I was outside the car trying to defuse a bad situation in the parking lot after a boat show in Atlanta. The kids were small and she never hesitated. She scared me when she came out of the car. You are right about making the decision about taking another's life. I've thought about it often and came to the same conclusion. Live or die I choose life. My wife made her decision when she thought I may die or the children may die. We both have CC and have taken classes. I thought the classes were BS since I grew up with guns my whole life. I bought my first hand gun in shop class at high school. However the classes were excellent. I was amazed at how much I learned about what I did not really know. There has been so many changes since the class we took we are planning to take a new class when we can get in. We are on a waiting list because there are so many wanting to sign up because of the strange times we live in now. Sad. I miss the old days when we just talked about guns because it was fun to go shoot. Now people feel like they have to be armed and trained like we live in some kind of military state. I love our Second Amendment rights and will stand by them at all cost. I will also say if you are going to own a gun get training and practice often.
Papa

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've had my CPL (concealed pistol license) here in Michigan for a little while now...I don't carry a lot, but nice to know I can when I want....I carry a Ruger LC9 with lasermax built in. Great BANG for the buck!