• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext screen non-responsive

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
No response from any of the top tabs...I can only go through the menu by pressing the arrows. No time, no home no setting nothing. What's wrong with it?

Attachments

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have an option to recalibrate . My touch screen was unresponsive but did the recalibrate and everything was normal

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
only the arrows are responsive and nothing else

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This past week my Connext screen just died. Total black screen, nothing. I've tried whatever I can to get to function but I think its dead. I have no idea what happened to it. I was out tubing with the kids and stopped to change out riders, and the Connext just didn't turn back on next time I started the engine.

Called the dealer and apparently they can't get one. Told me to try and find one on my own from a marine supplier, and I found one at Babbitts that hopefully will ship soon. We'll see how this goes.

Until now I have really enjoyed having everything in one display, but now that it's dead I completely appreciate having separate gauges. Thankfully, I have my @Ridesteady unit installed so at least I still have speed and engine rpm - but no fuel gauge or depth gauge! Also the No Wake mode is gone too.

One thing that particularly frustrates me from reading through the forums is that these Connext screens are apparently sensitive to voltage, BUT there is no in-line or local fuses (or other protective circuitry) that I can find. It just relies upon the one fuse that feeds all power to the helm gear. Considering that the Connext unit has become what I consider "mission critical" hardware for operating the boat, I think it really should be better protected or isolated electrically.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update - Babbitts doesn't have one (although they happily took my money anyways, need to cancel that). Apparently no one has these Connext units. Super frustrating!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Update - Babbitts doesn't have one (although they happily took my money anyways, need to cancel that). Apparently no one has these Connext units. Super frustrating!
Try Partzilla?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, nobody has this unit! I've lost track of the number of shops and dealers I've tried.

Best anyone can tell me is that they should be back in stock by September, right after boating season in Ohio.

I'll also add that although most of these online shops say "ships in 1-5 days" that appears to be a generic statement (regardless of whether they have stock). Since I have called most of these places they confirm that there is no parts available.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
im surprised your dealer told you to source your own screen (and pay you back id assume) i thought they have to order from yamaha to get funded for warranty claims

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
im surprised your dealer told you to source your own screen (and pay you back id assume) i thought they have to order from yamaha to get funded for warranty claims
Yeah I was a bit surprised too. But, they can't get the parts and have no estimates on availability so they were just trying to help me out best they could.

I was told that if I supplied them with a Yamaha genuine part, and they could inspect the boat to confirm that the original part failed and then install the new one, it is possible to request reimbursement from Yamaha. There's a lot of ifs and maybes in that plan, and also they can't get to my boat until mid-August. So I'm just trying to find a screen somewhere so as not to lose my very limited boating season in Ohio!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I was a bit surprised too. But, they can't get the parts and have no estimates on availability so they were just trying to help me out best they could.

I was told that if I supplied them with a Yamaha genuine part, and they could inspect the boat to confirm that the original part failed and then install the new one, it is possible to request reimbursement from Yamaha. There's a lot of ifs and maybes in that plan, and also they can't get to my boat until mid-August. So I'm just trying to find a screen somewhere so as not to lose my very limited boating season in Ohio!
How about marine junk yards?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Score! After calling countless dealers and online shops, I finally found one in Indiana that has a screen in stock. Supposed to ship today and have it tomorrow evening, so fingers crossed!

Chris Sundlof

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Score! After calling countless dealers and online shops, I finally found one in Indiana that has a screen in stock. Supposed to ship today and have it tomorrow evening, so fingers crossed!
Hey there, I had the exact same issue and was able to also hunt one down from another dealer. Did you have any issues installing your replacement display? Or did you have to do any programming?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No problems at all. It’s one of the easiest parts to replace. Since these are sensitive to voltage, I highly recommend you turn off your battery switch before removing and replacing the unit.

Once it’s reinstalled, there’s nothing more to do (it’s plug and play). You may notice initially that your engine hours data is missing, but it should re-populate after a short time of running the boat.

Chris Sundlof

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No problems at all. It’s one of the easiest parts to replace. Since these are sensitive to voltage, I highly recommend you turn off your battery switch before removing and replacing the unit.

Once it’s reinstalled, there’s nothing more to do (it’s plug and play). You may notice initially that your engine hours data is missing, but it should re-populate after a short time of running the boat.
Thanks, just installed mine. Working so far and I’m keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way 😬🤞

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thinking back, I suspect mine died from a power surge when I quickly moved the battery switch between battery 1 and 2 while the key was still on.

I should have turned off the key first, let the unit power down, and then switched batteries. It only takes a few seconds but I was too impatient!

Joe Bush

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thinking back, I suspect mine died from a power surge when I quickly moved the battery switch between battery 1 and 2 while the key was still on.

I should have turned off the key first, let the unit power down, and then switched batteries. It only takes a few seconds but I was too impatient!
Hi, I‘m having the same issue today. May I ask the name of the dealership in Indiana that had the screen. I’m hoping they have another!

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The dealer I had luck with was Just Add Water in Indiana (https://www.justaddwaterboats.com/ ).

I almost got one from Louis Powersports in Greeneville Texas (louispowersports.com) but they didn’t have the exact one I needed. They were the shop that recommended Just Add Water to me.

Good luck!