• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext system error

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure your battery terminals are clean and tight. My terminal barely moved when I tugged on the wire but that was enough to cause the error. My batteries usually provide about 13.7 volts. If you have a volt meter check the house battery then check lighter plug by the steering wheel. You can quickly and easily see if there is a wiring problem. The voltages should be the same. If you still get the error then you have to squeeze in behind the dash and check the power to the gauges.

Swatski is right keep the batteries on a charger when not in use. I use two Battery Tender 800's permanently to the batteries. They're around $40 each on Amazon. I trailer my boat and installed an outlet where I park it.
Just to clarify: 13.7v would be your stator output (with motor running); the new 2015-2016 240/242s have a dual voltage meter fault where both voltages are of the house bat.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just to clarify: 13.7v would be your stator output (with motor running); the new 2015-2016 240/242s have a dual voltage meter fault where both voltages are of the house bat.
Did anyone ever find a solution to this?

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So this is what I have found out. My batteries where at 12.7 and 11.1. So I put a charger on the low battery, after several hours started the boat and everything came back to normal. However I have to find out why my battery was low because the boat is either running or sitting with batteries turned off, next step is the check the charging system.
Hey Richard,

I assume your voltage readings were through a multimeter and not through the Connext display. This is one of those Connext bugs I'd like to get to the bottom of. Thanks again for your post.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If one battery is not charging and you have a dvsr then check to ensure the small black voltage sensing wire from the dvsr is connected. After that check all connections are tight including inside the battery switches. The connext voltage display issue has nothing to do with the batteries actually charging.

Good luck

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
How do y'all run your batteries? I was told to run everything on (house, start and parallel) and my voltage seemed to have dropped from > 13 to 12 and started having connext issues.

I looked through the manual and it says to run the parallel off in normal operation to allow good charge of the batteries.

I'm hoping it's the voltage that's causing the issues. I've just put the batteries on a tender and I'm hoping that'll take care of the problem

IMG_0001.JPG

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How do y'all run your batteries? I was told to run everything on (house, start and parallel) and my voltage seemed to have dropped from > 13 to 12 and started having connext issues.

I looked through the manual and it says to run the parallel off in normal operation to allow good charge of the batteries.

I'm hoping it's the voltage that's causing the issues. I've just put the batteries on a tender and I'm hoping that'll take care of the problem

View attachment 53868
You should not be having issues with an eseries if it sees enough hours of sun between uses. The first thing to check is that the little black wire from the dvsr is connected to the negative of one of the batteries. If this is not connected your house battery will not charge and dealers miss this from time to time when installing the batteries. Some people feel safer turning off the start battery when floating (engines off) all day with the radio on which is not a bad idea in a greater than 4 hour float. Emergency parallel should only be used when the start bsttery is too weal to start the engines or you gave a depleted house battery and know how long your start battery can supplement it and still start the engines.

Good luck.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With the newer boats you have to remember that the system will charge the starting battery first, when that's topped off it will then switch to charging the house battery. If you sit for a while using the stereo the house battery could be low and you will get errors when you first start up. You may need to drive for a while until the DVSR switches to charge the house battery. It will actually get worse the faster you go. It seems the engines draw more juice at higher rpms. 2 things to fix this. Make sure you have a good deep cycle battery for your house battery, my dealer installed 2 starting batteries, and yes they are different in how they work. 2nd get a 2 bank charger to top off both batteries when not in use. There is a fix posted here for the connext voltage issue.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/fix-for-connext-battery-voltage-issue-confirmed.11381/

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
You should not be having issues with an eseries if it sees enough hours of sun between uses. The first thing to check is that the little black wire from the dvsr is connected to the negative of one of the batteries. If this is not connected your house battery will not charge and dealers miss this from time to time when installing the batteries. Some people feel safer turning off the start battery when floating (engines off) all day with the radio on which is not a bad idea in a greater than 4 hour float. Emergency parallel should only be used when the start bsttery is too weal to start the engines or you gave a depleted house battery and know how long your start battery can supplement it and still start the engines.

Good luck.
Thanks! I will need to look for that little black wire. I really didn't see anything loose, but I wasn't looking for it either

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Mainah and @swatski, I read the long post on Fix for Connext Battery Issue and was hoping there might be something in that post on the CAN4 Loss issue, but I didn’t see anything. I charged both the House and Starting batteries and the voltage in both are between 12.8 and 13.5. I completely disconnected both batteries and cycling the battery switches off and on but I still have the problem. I also tried using Emergency Parallel but no luck. Not sure what else to do. Thx

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah and @swatski, I read the long post on Fix for Connext Battery Issue and was hoping there might be something in that post on the CAN4 Loss issue, but I didn’t see anything. I charged both the House and Starting batteries and the voltage in both are between 12.8 and 13.5. I completely disconnected both batteries and cycling the battery switches off and on but I still have the problem. I also tried using Emergency Parallel but no luck. Not sure what else to do. Thx
You may be stuck going to a dealer for diagnostics. Can’t rule out hardware failure at this point.