• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

convert 242XE to a 242X non E

Brian eilrich

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Has anyone converted a E Series boat back to a non E series boat. as i want to install a aftermarket cruise controller such as perfect pass or hydrophase

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone converted a E Series boat back to a non E series boat. as i want to install a aftermarket cruise controller such as perfect pass or hydrophase
You should definitely go with Hydrophase. :)

I wish there was an easy way to do this, but it would be a major effort likely not worth pursuing. I presume the built-in speed control is not living up to expectations, as many have apparently experienced?

Brian eilrich

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes I agree I had a 2017 212X before this boat and I installed Ridesteady and loved it I hate this E Series so much. Ridrsteady is Awesome I just wish someone could give me a solution to get it on a E series boat especially since Yamaha is making all their upper end boats this way.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes I agree I had a 2017 212X before this boat and I installed Ridesteady and loved it I hate this E Series so much. Ridrsteady is Awesome I just wish someone could give me a solution to get it on a E series boat especially since Yamaha is making all their upper end boats this way.
Thanks for the kind words, Brian! Yeah, it's hard to believe Yamaha hasn't fixed this. You're definitely not alone.