• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooler option and preferred location.

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a big cooler that I have been using but I am finding out it is always in the way. My boat is a 2016 242 Limited S and I was wondering what you guys use and where do you keep it while underway... much appreciated!

I just bought a 52qt RTIC cooler that fits perfectly in front of the back row of seats. We use it as a leg rest while underway. It is sturdy so you can walk on it, I wouldn't recommend that placement for a less reinforced cooler.

I just bought a 52qt RTIC cooler that fits perfectly in front of the back row of seats. We use it as a leg rest while underway. It is sturdy so you can walk on it, I wouldn't recommend that placement for a less reinforced cooler.
Any link to buy it?

I use the "factory" cooler my boat came with behind the captains seat and for longer trips I use a softsided cooler under the starboard bench seat as @seanmclean mentioned.

I prefer soft-sided coolers under the starboard bench seat.
I don't like asking people to get up when we want drinks, food. The cooler that came with it is garbage.

I think this area where a lot of people keep a trash can would be a great place for a Yeti Backflip 24 cooler. Tall and I think the base of it would fit perfect on that high gloss black area. I think your boat has this area correct? Backflip 24 may be tall enough to hold a lot but not sure if the backpack straps part can be taken off so that it fits good? Or maybe a different tall soft cooler would work good in this area? I’ve though about getting this Backflip and putting it there. What we do is have a big white hard yeti cooler that we keep under the starboard rear flip up big seat with lots extra drinks and ice. And a small yeti called a Flip 12 or Flip 18 (can’t remember which one) in that area I’m talking about putting the Backflip. Keep drinks and cold snacks in the soft sided one and easy for all to get to. If and when it needs refilling get the drinks from under the seat in big yeti and take more to the soft one. Our Flip soft cooler also fits behind that co captain chair also so it’s not in the way of anything there also.

Attachments

• AE7A920F-8C2A-4092-9E5D-70193A9175F9.jpeg
    AE7A920F-8C2A-4092-9E5D-70193A9175F9.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 4F8FB0D9-7EDF-4E52-A1C5-FE7DC49B60A5.png
    4F8FB0D9-7EDF-4E52-A1C5-FE7DC49B60A5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
  • D87C5A6E-9746-4CA6-A31C-667FCBF0673B.jpeg
    D87C5A6E-9746-4CA6-A31C-667FCBF0673B.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
My soft cooler fits right behind my seat. On longer trips and hanging around the marina over the weekend I wanted a larger cooler.

Do you mean right in front of the engine hatch sideways?

Soft cooler in the port side helm compartment.

Why not up in the bow between the 2 jump seats, I keep a Yeti there and stand on it to fish

I would think the contents get a little shaken up front. I’m cruising around the Chesapeake Bay and it’s rarely ever a calm day on the water.

We do two coolers. Both soft sided and cheap. We have an Ozark trail zipper one for food and extra drinks that we keep under the starboard bench and a smaller Colman drink-only cooler we keep in the bow between the seats by the anchor locker.

I went soft sided to save room and weight and went with a drink-only up front with a top access hatch to make it easy for the kids (and adults). We stay out for 6-7 hours normally so ice retention was not my main goal instead it was ease of carrying and ease of access. We only pull the larger cooler out a couple times to reload the smaller cooler with drinks and to have lunch. The rest of the time it is stowed and out of the way. Once we anchor and are floating we normally move the smaller one to the swim deck so people can refresh from the water.

Just bought (pre-order 8/3) an RTIC 45qt to put behind the starboard captains chair.

I bought a pair of AO Coolers Stow-N-Go soft sides - they fit nicely behind each seat out of the way and easy to zip open the top for access to drinks without pulling them out. Food containers requires pulling one out to open it more, but that's only when we're stopped to eat anyway. No more coolers in the way of traffic. Thanks to @Babin Farms for the idea:

Cooler.jpg

I bought a pair of AO Coolers Stow-N-Go soft sides - they fit nicely behind each seat out of the way and easy to zip open the top for access to drinks without pulling them out. Food containers requires pulling one out to open it more, but that's only when we're stopped to eat anyway. No more coolers in the way of traffic. Thanks to @Babin Farms for the idea:

View attachment 157883

Link?

My requirements for a cooler are: a single swing handle so i can grab it with one hand, and a standard hinged lid with absolutely no zippers or rubber "bear-proof" latch things. I settled on this:

It is a cheap piece of crap but it gets the job done for a day. The handles and lid will pop off if you really bash it around but they pop back in. If anyone knows of a 30-36 quart cooler like this one that is better made please let me know!

This is the AO in it's daily spot. I like the idea of it being out of the sun. I'll put a couple ice packs in, fill it with beverages, ice and I'll still have plenty of ice when we get home(even with 2 kids opening it all day)

They are big enough that you are only going to need one.
@digitalthug916

Last edited:
Back