• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Couple sells all possessions for sailboat, sinks 2 days into trip

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn... From the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be the next instalment of @Betik's "The Odyssey of An Immature Captain".
I guess we will have to wait.
Disappointed.

--
I was hoping @Betik would not see this thread. Now he may feel the need to show them how it is done!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't group the millennials into one class. Plenty of us bust our ass. I work two jobs and am going to school for my MBA. Social media / News gives you this negative perception (just like a million other things that aren't really the norm among the population) Also don't class us with Generation Z. Millenials don't eat tide pods lol.
Well said and I agree. News media these days inflates every freakin thing out there. Keep in mind most of us are the parents of this generation! My kids bust ass, work hard, get good grades, and have drive (except when it comes to cleaning their room). Keep up the hard work @adrianp89 !!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These people are local and they are idiots. John's Pass is a very shallow channel. I would not go through it at night.

Don't group the millennials into one class. Plenty of us bust our ass. I work two jobs and am going to school for my MBA. Social media / News gives you this negative perception (just like a million other things that aren't really the norm among the population) Also don't class us with Generation Z. Millenials don't eat tide pods lol.

The difference between us and the last generation, is the dumb decisions we made early on are easily broadcast across social media. You guys weren't any better, you just didn't have a platform to broadcast it. Just remember what generation raised the lazy and dumb millenials, now we get to raise kids eating tide pods and setting them selves on fire. You guys started this domino affect into Idiocracy.
Don't worry about the millenial hate. In 15 years, we'll be hating on whatever is below us. GenX used to be a bunch of grungy authority-hating losers. Such is life.

-Signed, fellow ass-busting millenial.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now they have 15k on go fundme geez

I messed up can someone save me? I didn't buy insurance... save me

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Now they have 15k on go fundme geez

I messed up can someone save me? I didn't buy insurance... save me
spare 5k to retire even earlier.........good lord

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
spare 5k to retire even earlier.........good lord
I wish I would have thought of gofundme. They are the real benefactors . about 5-7% of the 15 is theirs.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can't fault them for making it work. Fail the folks helping them. Enablers.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is great marketing for the start of a sailing VLOG. Sink a cheap boat. Raise funds for a better boat. People will pay for episodes to see what stupid things they do next.

Although her makeup will need improvement and her clothing will have to get smaller with every episode.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I need to suggest this to my brother. He is retiring this summer as a decorated 18c with 20 years of active service. Just recovered from service related ankle surgery only to FUBAR his lower back and now needs back surgery. His future GS job plan is not looking solid now so he is likely selling his Yammie Boat this spring to ensure he does not put he and his wife (she has worked hard her whole life too) in a bind with uncertain times ahead. He and his wife look good in bathing suits so perhaps they can start a gofundme page to save their boat and post VLOGS of them on it. On second thought waste of time because they both have too much honor to ask others for their money.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
... On second thought waste of time because they both have too much honor to ask others for their money.
On the contrary, It's an opportunity for others to feel empowered to contribute to a cause of their choosing. Difference between begging and street art. Like I said, you can't fault them for trying!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wait, am i a millennial? Xer?
34(born 1983)

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On the contrary, It's an opportunity for others to feel empowered to contribute to a cause of their choosing. Difference between begging and street art. Like I said, you can't fault them for trying!
Interesting perspective. From my view I call it begging strangers but I can see how someone may call it street art. I don’t see many street artists asking for money specifically for supplies and won’t comment on where the money they do get goes in many but not all cases. Businees start from the ground up and fail all the time while others succeed. I respect both for trying but applaud the ones who have the grit to succeed on their own. Just the same this is the type of thing I like to dwell on to see if my opinion changes and have to say it the way @Beachbummer put it that has me doing so.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wait, am i a millennial? Xer?
34(born 1983)

You’re right on the edge (I think they call it after ‘81), but luckily there are a few labs that can analyze your DNA to find out for sure...

I’m actually right there with you, as I was born in ‘80. Luckily my tests all came back Negative for the Millenial gene :)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is great marketing for the start of a sailing VLOG. Sink a cheap boat. Raise funds for a better boat. People will pay for episodes to see what stupid things they do next.

Although her makeup will need improvement and her clothing will have to get smaller with every episode.
I hate to say it, but VLOGing is WORK. So if their end game is to not have to work, they’ll quit VLOGing too. If they’re simply lying about their intentions, then who would ever support that? (Apparently a lot of people).

Either way, “a fool and their money are soon parted”. Only question is, who are the fools in this story? ;)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It always amazes me how much gets donated to gofundme and the stupid reasons people get an account to begin with.

@swatski should have gotten one after bimini last year and it would have been justified to me

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nah. It was just fieldwork on those new AR towers :cool:

--
Hope you get royaties on every redesigned ar tower!
Since you actually put your head into it.... or something like that

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interesting perspective. From my view I call it begging strangers but I can see how someone may call it street art. I don’t see many street artists asking for money specifically for supplies and won’t comment on where the money they do get goes in many but not all cases. Businees start from the ground up and fail all the time while others succeed. I respect both for trying but applaud the ones who have the grit to succeed on their own. Just the same this is the type of thing I like to dwell on to see if my opinion changes and have to say it the way @Beachbummer put it that has me doing so.
I don't disagree with your perspective on this case, but the awesome thing is that everyone is allowed to ask while respecting the rights of others. Who am I to come between a fool and someone offering their street art? (Or am I the fool because i don't get it)

The alternative is to regulate folks from making dumb choices, next step, my steak and boating fuel are someone else's bad idea and they are trying to regulate me... So... As long as it's willing participants, I'm open to letting others make their own (to me) foolish choices, so long as they return the favor and leave me alone.

I admit I am often surprised at what passes for Fame now.

(Edited to fix mobile input mistakes! darn phone)

Last edited: