• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Covid sucks!

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
COVID SUCKS, actually, it's the quarantine that sucks. I finally got it last Sunday, 103° fever at 8am and a positive test at home. Fever cleared by 3pm and I've been feeling 100% since. Today, for lack of something better to do I decided to take the longest excursion I ever have and boat from Morris to Peoria for a burger. Best I can tell is it's close to 200 miles round trip. I was going to do this with everyone this fall but I'll try it alone today! Currently waiting at the Marseilles lock for an hour now.

Attachments

• 16559160235452547810564413560942.jpg
    16559160235452547810564413560942.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
At least you can quarantine on a boat. Everyone in my family got it sometime over the past 2 years my oldest son twice. My wife was the only one to lose her taste and smell. She made Chilli during that time and she seasons to taste, well it was so hot my sons couldn't eat it. I pushed thru but was sweating my ass off ?

Almost a year later for me and my taste and smell is still off. But better than being bed ridden and not being able to show up in the office for seven weeks as I had to test negative before I could come back in the office.

Luckily I still can taste and smell SO FAR, I take a big smell of coffee every morning just to check. So due to barge traffic now at starved rock it ain't happening today. They are saying 4 hrs wait to get through. I'll head back today and maybe try earlier in the day tomorrow or so.

Give a wave when you pass under the 170 bridge, my family is from Seneca,

That’s an expensive burger, but it will be worth it.

I will! Boondocks is one of my weekend boating spots. Great food and friends of mine own the bar, campground and marina (if you call it that) is a different story.

Worst part of COVID is all the new inexperienced boaters
All the deals on lightly used boats in another year or two will have been worth having to deal with the covidiot boaters.

That's what I initially thought but do you really want a already compromised built boat owned by someone that has zero idea how to break in a motor owning something you'll keep long term? I'll probably give in and do it if I found super low hours. I'm still in my "let's get an older boat so we can find out if this is what we really want" boat! Always looking at the 25's though.

Dealing with 2nd round of Covid right now (had it last August, was vaccinated in April of 2021).

Symptoms similar to before except upper respiratory congestion significantly worse.

Just got confirmation my girlfriend has it too. I took 1 home test that showed positive Sunday and she has taken 3 showing negative. She thought she had strep throat and the Dr did a pcr test that just came back positive. I haven't seen her since Saturday night because of that, guess I can go see her now!

Back