• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crooked on Trailer?

def interested by this
Well I took the boat out today and forgot to check the bunks to see if they pivot. But I did learn that my trailer floats. Was having a problem lining the boat up, the trailer was floating. WTF

How deep did you have it?

Well I took the boat out today and forgot to check the bunks to see if they pivot. But I did learn that my trailer floats. Was having a problem lining the boat up, the trailer was floating. WTF

LOL. Say what? You got some 44" super swampers on that thing? Ha ha

Is it a shorelandr trailer? How could it be floating? I can't even lift mine while it is in the water with water over the fenders. Are you sure you didn't have a strap still tied to the boat at the stern?

Is it a shorelandr trailer? How could it be floating? I can't even lift mine while it is in the water with water over the fenders. Are you sure you didn't have a strap still tied to the boat at the stern?
LOL....no, we were taking the boat out.....I didn't actually see it, my brother did. He swore it was floating. He was having issues pulling the boat on with the dock lines, says the trailer was moving. Crazy

LOL....no, we were taking the boat out.....I didn't actually see it, my brother did. He swore it was floating. He was having issues pulling the boat on with the dock lines, says the trailer was moving. Crazy

I've seen trailers move on the ramp with lots of chop inbound and an algae slick ramp. Was that the case? No way your trailer was floating.

Did he have a few adult beverages before he saw it float? ;)

No way the trailer could be floating. Unless someone sealed all the holes...or strapped it to the boat. Ask him if it looked something like this? lol.

20210613_061618.jpg

Full video...

I have the same problem with my trailer. I’ve re-floated it, pulled it on by winch, etc. Same scenario. Always a few inches uneven. After I moved the winch back 3 inches, same problem. Dealer is going to check it for me in a couple of weeks. I have side pists but they play no role in aligning the nost on the bunks.

Any update on this?

We have a 2103 212SS with the shorelandR trailer. We have always had an issues centering the boat. We do have the guide rails on both sides. That is how I can tell it's off center. Sometimes one side will be sitting on the guide rail. Yesterday I tried refloating it SEVERAL times but could not get it to center out of the water. Finally I got my wife to push on one side as I pulled it out of the water. That seemed to work fine but I dont want to always have to rely on a second person.

I saw someone talking about leaving the bunks slightly loose. Is that the right move? Or should the be completely tight? Currently they are loose.

There has to be something else going on.

Any remedies to this?

I have issues on both of my boats. Haven’t found a remedy.

I have issues on both of my boats. Haven’t found a remedy.
Makes me feel better that this is a very common issue. But drives me nuts with it cockeyed on the trailer!

Makes me feel better that this is a very common issue. But drives me nuts with it cockeyed on the trailer!

Just drive over a curb. It flattens it right out. Works great for my wife.

I finally came up with a solution. Fk it

@DaBanker and @NoFla21 If you power load, it'll be hard to center as it slides around on the bunks. If you crank it on with the winch for the last 4-5 feet, it'll center itself. Power loading is prohibited in most areas around here to protect the environment, but people do it anyways and it always takes them twice as long to get it on the trailer compared to us loading it by lines and winching it up. I've never had to back any of my boats into the water again to re-center it because of hand loading.

@DaBanker and @NoFla21 If you power load, it'll be hard to center as it slides around on the bunks. If you crank it on with the winch for the last 4-5 feet, it'll center itself. Power loading is prohibited in most areas around here to protect the environment, but people do it anyways and it always takes them twice as long to get it on the trailer compared to us loading it by lines and winching it up. I've never had to back any of my boats into the water again to re-center it because of hand loading.
I always hand load my boat and I have guide posts. Adjusting my winch post so the the hull is within an inch or two of the bunks worked best for me. It’s still a little off.

Back