• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cut in new helm door

dazed4u003

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Any one have a 2019 to 2021 190 or 195 with the door on the helm? I need the measurements for the outside of the frame hieght and width at the top and bottom cause the top of the door is angled. I wanna buy this door to put on my 2014 212x but need the measurements to make sure itll fit.

dazed4u003

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Have a 2013 212 and was wondering if this was an option.
Its def an option just need to know the right measurements and I'm doing it. Here a link a quy on youtube did it to his 2014 SX190

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe @2kwik4u did this to his boat
I did.

@dazed4u003 @Evil Sports

I bought this door from amazon

Covered the area with transparent "transfer tape" (blue tape would have worked fine, I just had wide rolls of transfer tape). Then marked where I wanted it. Cut the giant hole with an oscillating tool from harbor freight (took like 5 blades). Then screwed it all together.

Here's a guy that did it on an '18 AR195

Check out this whole thread

Here's a thread from a couple weeks ago

This post in particular has more details from my install (including pictures)

My apologies for not having the exact dimensions. I never used a tape measure for the opening, only to center/square the door on the panel. FYI the door is not "level" to either the floor or the top of the helm. I "split the difference" on mine to match the port side door trim that was already there. Just take your time when you hold up your new door to the panel and step back and look at the lines. Choose the lines that are pleasing to your eye more so than "perfect". Also.....test swing your door with the ski locker. I can't open/shut the helm storage with the ski locker open. Not a big deal, and honestly I wouldn't change my door location vertically. I like the way it looks and the interference isn't really an issue, I'm rarely in both at the same time.

Good luck!

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Of course:mad:
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Actually Overtons has it. Is this the right one
Looks the same as the one I have. As best as I can tell from here. Manufacturer Part Numbers seem to match.

I'm not super enthused with those 1/2 turn and cam over latches. Wish I had more of a "door latch" style like whats on the port side from the factory. Not a big enough deal to not recommend it though.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Did these boats not come with a door?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did these boats not come with a door?
Nope, not on the starboard side. was just a big vast chunk of wasted/inaccessible volume.

I keep all kinds of non-critical stuff in there. Dock lines, jump pack, tool bag, extra rope, Bimini and Soundbar covers, drybox with documentation, first aid kit, R/C Boat and controller. Additionally I toss the trash bag in there when it's not on deck.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Nope, not on the starboard side. was just a big vast chunk of wasted/inaccessible volume.

I keep all kinds of non-critical stuff in there. Dock lines, jump pack, tool bag, extra rope, Bimini and Soundbar covers, drybox with documentation, first aid kit, R/C Boat and controller. Additionally I toss the trash bag in there when it's not on deck.
Interesting. What year did they start adding this?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Guess they didnt teach deductive reasoning down there :D:D:D
Lol - I was really confused. One - why wouldn't they put a door. Secondly I have been on a few 190s and they all had the door. Maybe I imagined it but I know for a fact my buddies 190 has it because that's where I toss all my beer cans.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lol - I was really confused. One - why wouldn't they put a door. Secondly I have been on a few 190s and they all had the door. Maybe I imagined it but I know for a fact my buddies 190 has it because that's where I toss all my beer cans.
One is a mystery
Second, also a mystery (or coincidental timing with age of boat and propensity of owner to make modifications :D)

Also, If it matters, I figured you were just making conversation :D

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yeah the door was like a 15-16 thing I think. I could really use that space and also easy access to my radio.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
One is a mystery
Second, also a mystery (or coincidental timing with age of boat and propensity of owner to make modifications :D)

Also, If it matters, I figured you were just making conversation :D
Reminds me of my old townhome. I sat at the dining room table looking at the stairs, wondering why there wasn't a door there. Took a hammer to the wall to take a peak inside... then went to Home Depot and framed in a door. I gained like 50 sqft of closet space lol.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reminds me of my old townhome. I sat at the dining room table looking at the stairs, wondering why there wasn't a door there. Took a hammer to the wall to take a peak inside... then went to Home Depot and framed in a door. I gained like 50 sqft of closet space lol.
Just put a door under my stairs a few months ago. Tons of space under there!

I'm working on finishing the bathroom through the door to the right there. Builders put all my voice/data/cable lines into that wall (on that board there) and that wall is getting covered for the bathroom. It's either make a closet under the stairs, or rewire the house (or find that magical #5 cable stretcher). First time I've added a door (in a house, it's eerily similar to adding a door in a boat really). Not as bad as I thought it would be to be honest.

1663169062299.png

1663169153372.png