• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Demo boat

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
36716093_10156501450924710_4916478260918878208_n.jpg

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just got a demo as well. 6 hours on it. now gotta wait for warmer weather. What did you eventually figure out regarding the break in?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was broken in. So far, zero issues with the boat after about 30 hours on the engines. I do have to state the demo was used by the Factory for the commercials.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a leftover 2018 AR240 with 4 hours on it. Being sold as "new" and out the door for $55,830 including taxes, registration, boat essentials.

How does this compare to your experiences?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The few points I learned before going in:
* Just make sure that the demo has not been titled/registered to an individual, if it has been, then a finance company may consider it used.
* Test drive, test drive, test drive
* Check every aspect and do what we do in the military, conduct an inventory by touching every accessory (all cushions, mirror, engine flush adapter, cover, 2x sets of keys, brake plug thing for the trailer)
* Check the anchor locker's drain plug

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm finally picking up my demo boat next week. Did you also have issues with the anchor locker drain?

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a leftover 2018 AR240 with 4 hours on it. Being sold as "new" and out the door for $55,830 including taxes, registration, boat essentials.

How does this compare to your experiences?
Hopefully it will come with extended warranty and the premium mooring cover. My 2017 242SE came with that as a 'demo' last year.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm finally picking up my demo boat next week. Did you also have issues with the anchor locker drain?
Congrats!
Fortunately, that defect is kind of apparent when you look inside the locker, if the anchor locket drain tube is not set up right I would just ask them to take care of it before you take possession.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At this price the dealer said he isn’t able to provide YES, I’ve asked, but I haven’t asked for a mooring cover or 10 hour service...yet. Will be sure to do that today.

What’s the deal with the anchor drain tube? What can I look for to see if it’s set up right or not?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats!
Fortunately, that defect is kind of apparent when you look inside the locker, if the anchor locket drain tube is not set up right I would just ask them to take care of it before you take possession.

Yeah I figure. I'm just so stoked to finally get the boat that I'll be bummed if they have to keep her longer to fix the drain. Hopefully they noticed it and fixed it in her prior 6 hours of life.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought the YES was for new boats, and this is considered a new boat. Perhaps one of the more seasoned members here can chime in about the YES. I received 5 years and the premium mooring cover, but not the shipping cover or 10 hour service. In fact, the local dealer near Tampa suggested using it up to 15-20 hours, just to make sure that I could find faults with it for them to address all at once.

At this price the dealer said he isn’t able to provide YES, I’ve asked, but I haven’t asked for a mooring cover or 10 hour service...yet. Will be sure to do that today.

What’s the deal with the anchor drain tube? What can I look for to see if it’s set up right or not?

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the issue was more prone to the 21' boats, but just a safety measure, check as it has given some members grief.

Yeah I figure. I'm just so stoked to finally get the boat that I'll be bummed if they have to keep her longer to fix the drain. Hopefully they noticed it and fixed it in her prior 6 hours of life.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Basically the the anchor drain insert in some cases doesn't extend all the way through the outer and inner hull and the outer and inner hull is not always sealed together inside that the hole that has been cut for the insert. This results in water dumping in between the outer and inner hull inside that cut hole. Couple examples:

upload_2017-5-4_11-2-31.pngupload_2017-5-4_11-3-52.png

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The not being able to provide YES sounds odd. I got 5 years of free YES on my demo. Plus premium mooring cover and Yammie safety kit. I guess every dealer is different. You can still purchase YES on your own right?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What @MidnightRider just posted - that was my 240, too.

YES is a generic warranty identical for boats and all other toys they sell, pretty much. It doesn’t cover much short of mechanical failures/obvious manufacturing defects. Reading it is fun.

In my experience the warranty is only as good as the dealer that handles it, and they are at the mercy of Yamaha adjusters in all more serious cases.

The biggest issues, such as timing chain failures requiring engine swap Yamaha frequently handled (took care of) outside of any warranty. Go figure.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got a 5-year YES on my demo as well.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
3EC1D727-6D1A-4B61-963E-0C287741F0FA.jpeg1F3CA091-C606-477B-BCCB-0E069E20A0BC.jpegAlright, sounds like I can get another 2 years of Y.E.S. Included in the price. We took her out on the lake today and man I was impressed with how well this big boat handles in tough water how quiet it was compared to my other jet boats. I’m having the hardest time finding storage now, but that’s all I have left to do. No mooring cover, no 10 hour service. OTD $55830 with one year registration.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
55.8K doesn't seem like a screaming deal to me, unless your local sales tax and whatnot is constituting a decent chunk of change. I'd really push for that cover and 10 hour service (costs them practically nothing), though you are probably in prime buying time down there. Nice looking boat, love the color scheme.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah Sales Tax in TN is high. The engines have 1.9 hours on them now, he seems pretty adamant that he has discounted the boat as much as he can. Apparently Yamaha doesn’t help dealers out very much.