• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I'm ready to pull my deposit and shop for an alternative. The games that are being played are ridiculous. We put our deposit down months ago and we were told that we're the first on the wait list for the size/trim we ordered (which was already on order as dealer stock). Last week I found out that the boat came in but went to another one of the dealer's lot locations and sold off the lot. So we're being lied to or they skipped over us to make more money on an off the lot sale. Excuse from the dealer we got was well the boat is "coming soon" so we put pictures up... but they are not stock photos and pics of the actual boat with their street sign behind it! Loosing my patience for this sh!tshow Yamaha has created.

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I'm ready to pull my deposit and shop for an alternative. The games that are being played are ridiculous. We put our deposit down months ago and we were told that we're the first on the wait list for the size/trim we ordered (which was already on order as dealer stock). Last week I found out that the boat came in but went to another one of the dealer's lot locations and sold off the lot. So we're being lied to or they skipped over us to make more money on an off the lot sale. Excuse from the dealer we got was well the boat is "coming soon" so we put pictures up... but they are not stock photos and pics of the actual boat with their street sign behind it! Loosing my patience for this sh!tshow Yamaha has created.

My dealer has a 252SE in stock.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No sure how much of it is Yamaha "Created"......., different kind of year. Lots of conjecture and rumors on why boats are not moving as well as they should and people want them to be. Their boats are in high demand, I would assume they are getting them out as well as they can, unless you can show me how they are intentionally creating the issues.

None the less, The Dealer is an asshat he if he sold it out from under you. No excuse. I would pull your deal and deposit, if it was me, and go somewhere that deserves your business and hard earned dollar.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
No sure how much of it is Yamaha "Created"......., different kind of year. Lots of conjecture and rumors on why boats are not moving as well as they should and people want them to be.
That is exactly how/why Yamaha has created this situation. Zero updates or transparency in what is going on from Yamaha's level. That then trickles down to the dealers getting away with these types of tactics as Yamaha has disappeared behind the curtain.

It's disappointment all the way around. We're probably gonna re-shop the used market... disappointing because we were very excited for the new 25ft hull design, but I'm not gonna put up with this BS.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just filled the paper work for the 252SE at ride now in Jax, fl they had 3 in stock and some other that i didnt paid any attention. Not waiting 4 month. Ill pick it up in a week or 2 as soon asa the new owner completes the paper work for my 2019 242lse. Richt nex to the one i bought is a 252se blue with warm interior they had another but was inside the shipping cover so i dont know the color

Attachments

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Just filled the paper work for the 252SE at ride now in Jax, fl they had 3 in stock and some other that i didnt paid any attention. Not waiting 4 month. Ill pick it up in a week or 2 as soon asa the new owner completes the paper work for my 2019 242lse. Richt nex to the one i bought is a 252se blue with warm interior they had another but was inside the shipping cover so i dont know the color
Thats the exact one we're waiting on, but SD.

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i have a similar situation, been waiting for three or four months now, at first I called or emailed every week and got the, your next on the list, it should be here any day now, then i went to two weeks and still the same, recently i was told definatly Dec 7, that there was a hold up while they waited for stickers or safety something at the manufacture. Still nothing.

I wonder if my not immediately going down there to sign for whatever financing he wanted to before i even had the boat and my stating I would shop around got my boat sold to someone else.

Any who, I have inquiries into other dealers and depending on the time line they give me I will probably cancel my order with this dealer, is not like i can use the boat for a few months anyways so another wait isnt a big deal.

Park Marine in Kennesaw GA is the one thats been stringing me along. anyone else go through them?

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where are you located sir?

I just passed the 4 month threshold on an SX-190, down here in Tampa. No end in sight, as far as the waiting goes, and there are supposedly still 2 people ahead of me on the list. So yeah, I'm screwed.
Yamaha must have done serious supply chain issues. Of course all that plexiglass and raw materials being used for the bat stew flu protection
Which dealer and state?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Where are you located sir?

I just passed the 4 month threshold on an SX-190, down here in Tampa. No end in sight, as far as the waiting goes, and there are supposedly still 2 people ahead of me on the list. So yeah, I'm screwed.
Where?

Barney's St. Pete has had multiple SX190 uncalled for. We were calling every few weeks to see if a 250 was in stock to check out. They seemed to always have a SX190.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cyclespring had a blue 250 a couple of weeks ago
That Blue 250 was already spoken for, they sent me pictures asking if I wanted to take a look at it before the new owner picked it up. I am on Cycle Springs deposit wait list for the black/green AR250 and there were two of us on the wait list. A black/green was delivered about 2 weeks ago so now I'm first on the list for the next one that drops in. When I put my deposit down they guesstimated it would be Dec-Jan for delivery.

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so Park marine is the dealer in Atlanta. When I inquired through a chain that has a Yamaha dealer in SC and an AR195 on the lot, I inquired about the price out the door, just to see, this is what they were told by Yamaha.

"I owe you an apology as I thought perhaps we could sell you one of the Yamaha’s at our Carolina store, but after talking to Yamaha and verifying if we could sell one to you or not, we can not. We aren’t a Yamaha dealer here in the Atlanta area, Park Marine has that dealer agreement, and Yamaha is insisting that we direct you to them. Every brand has dealer agreements and other dealers can’t sell into their designated market and Yamaha was adamant in this case. "

so ya, it seems that Yamaha has given Park Marine in GA the monopoly so they are taking advantage of the fact it would seem.

Guess i will revisit the other boat sellers after all, Searay makes a good boat dont they?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
so Park marine is the dealer in Atlanta. When I inquired through a chain that has a Yamaha dealer in SC and an AR195 on the lot, I inquired about the price out the door, just to see, this is what they were told by Yamaha.

"I owe you an apology as I thought perhaps we could sell you one of the Yamaha’s at our Carolina store, but after talking to Yamaha and verifying if we could sell one to you or not, we can not. We aren’t a Yamaha dealer here in the Atlanta area, Park Marine has that dealer agreement, and Yamaha is insisting that we direct you to them. Every brand has dealer agreements and other dealers can’t sell into their designated market and Yamaha was adamant in this case. "

so ya, it seems that Yamaha has given Park Marine in GA the monopoly so they are taking advantage of the fact it would seem.

Guess i will revisit the other boat sellers after all, Searay makes a good boat dont they?
I was on a new Pontoon the other day - if you don't need to do serious watersports that is a great option. I will strongly consider one for my next boat. I am under NDA - but there is an upcoming Pontoon boat that will probably steal some market share from jet boaters.

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was on a new Pontoon the other day - if you don't need to do serious watersports that is a great option. I will strongly consider one for my next boat. I am under NDA - but there is an upcoming Pontoon boat that will probably steal some market share from jet boaters.
like this? a pontoon with wakeboard tower?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
like this? a pontoon with wakeboard tower?

Not quite. Though those are pretty nice.

We don't like the general exterior design of pontoons. We bought the jetboat primarily because of the swimdeck and my wife hates the look of a motor hanging off the back, and overall the design of the boat looked pretty good. :)

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just wanted to clarify, its been almost 5 months, i put the deposit in July 30. looking on out of state they have some AR190 and AR195 on lots but New Hampshire is just to far away, over 18 hrs one way. Its crazy.

Do they get boats on the lot during the season? is this wait just because its early release and covid issues? Would it be better to cancel this and wait to go somewhere closer like AL or northern FL to get one once there are more on the lot so I dont deal with these guys?

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not quite. Though those are pretty nice.

We don't like the general exterior design of pontoons. We bought the jetboat primarily because of the swim deck and my wife hates the look of a motor hanging off the back, and overall the design of the boat looked pretty good. :)
I wasn't totally against a pontoon, but to get more than a metal raft on water with a motor just big enough to make it move at all it costs a fortune for them, and pontoons are listed as one of the quickest depreciating boats on the water. they also dont appear to age well, something to do with the pontoons not lasting for alot of years. i didnt read a whole lot into it because when I started seeing 90-100k for something I would like, I was out :)