• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

Shir9406

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@Shir9406 Wow, talk about a roller coaster there. Sorry to hear that.
Haha no kidding!! But it is what it is... I don’t need it until March , so I’m patient ... just don’t want to hear that call where they say we have to cancel your order..

mayorplant

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
unfortunately, there are no 25’ fsh‘s at any dealer yet.
my dealer said Yamaha canceled all their pre ordered 25’ FSH last month, now they got the call from Yamaha that they can’t fill 21’ FSH orders

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Haha no kidding!! But it is what it is... I don’t need it until March , so I’m patient ... just don’t want to hear that call where they say we have to cancel your order..
Same here. Can't take it out until mid March at the earliest.

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with my dealer and he stated that they had ordered 115 boats and will only be getting in 78 of them. Unfortunately mine is one not coming in. Kinda sucks, but maybe its a blessing with all the non-sense going on in DC and the cutting of jobs on the pipeline. Gas prices are going to go up drastically and that in of it self will save me a ton of money. Either way Thanks for being a great community and be safe out there.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with my dealer and he stated that they had ordered 115 boats and will only be getting in 78 of them. Unfortunately mine is one not coming in. Kinda sucks, but maybe its a blessing with all the non-sense going on in DC and the cutting of jobs on the pipeline. Gas prices are going to go up drastically and that in of it self will save me a ton of money. Either way Thanks for being a great community and be safe out there.
Bummer! What did you have on order?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
When did you order it?

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, what a turn of event for us!

Our dealers here seem to be in the same situation and they won't be getting all of their orders in. I was calling to check on ours yesterday and it turns out that they received a 210 FSH Deluxe (same color as our Sport we ordered) that wasn't spoken for so we ended up pulling the trigger on it and will be taking delivery tomorrow! Paperwork was all done this morning so we got a boat!

On a side note, if you are on the market for a 210 FSH Sport, the guys at Jacksonville Beach Blvd Motorsports & Marine are saying they have 2 confirmed that are coming up and were confident they could get it before the end of Feb. Talk to John E there.

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
When did you order it?
It was a dealer order back in May/June, they ordered 115 dealer boats of various sizes, colors and models. They had ordered 2 black and blue 212s, and the 1st one they had gotten in was sold. The second 1 due in was the one I put a deposit down on 2 months ago. It now happens to be one of the 40ish that Yamaha will not be delivering to my dealer that they ordered way back when.

Skip206

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It was a dealer order back in May/June, they ordered 115 dealer boats of various sizes, colors and models. They had ordered 2 black and blue 212s, and the 1st one they had gotten in was sold. The second 1 due in was the one I put a deposit down on 2 months ago. It now happens to be one of the 40ish that Yamaha will not be delivering to my dealer that they ordered way back when.
What dealer? 212s is the same boat I have a deposit on.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Just called dealer. They had 100 boats cancelled on them. Sounds like a nationwide thing.

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
To any of you guys who are waiting or have had your 212s cancel, my dealer has a white/grey 212s in stock and unsold sitting on the floor right now. Hats Off Motorsports (just south of Omaha, NE).

cracker499

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok so after 5 months on the waiting list, my SX-190 has finally arrived at the dealership. It seems the people in front of me on the list have dropped off, can't imagine why! There has not been a lot of talk of the 19 footers, but it seems they have been heavily hit by co-vid, possibly as bad as the FSH.

Just as a side note, all this talk of calling dealerships all over the country, that just isn't feasible for a lot of people. I personally don't even own a truck and have no towing capability. My dealer is delivering the boat to my marina, where it will be dry stored when not in use. The only reason I am even able to do this is because I live in Tampa and my dealer and marina are a half hour away. Otherwise, I would not even be attempting boat ownership.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so after 5 months on the waiting list, my SX-190 has finally arrived at the dealership. It seems the people in front of me on the list have dropped off, can't imagine why! There has not been a lot of talk of the 19 footers, but it seems they have been heavily hit by co-vid, possibly as bad as the FSH.

Just as a side note, all this talk of calling dealerships all over the country, that just isn't feasible for a lot of people. I personally don't even own a truck and have no towing capability. My dealer is delivering the boat to my marina, where it will be dry stored when not in use. The only reason I am even able to do this is because I live in Tampa and my dealer and marina are a half hour away. Otherwise, I would not even be attempting boat ownership.
Congrats on getting your boat. If you don't mind me asking, what marina are you storing at? I'm toying with the idea of a marina instead of where i'm keeping mine now.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
The reason they are probably canceling alot of 2021 orders is that they cant fill all of them before its time to start 2022 models. Prob not a typo.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yes!!! I think you figured out the secret to getting a boat on time😂

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rhyder I would somewhat disagree with that blanket statement. My dealer as of last week had boats in inventory, but only had generic pictures on line. Since it is the winter here, they keep the boats wrapped and in storage. The showrooms only are open very rarely and doesn't have any boats on display since they don't last long anyhow and in these Covid Times usually just for delivery and closings. Whether or not he still has boats available is another story. He posted here just a short time ago.

The only way to determine if a dealer actually has a boat is to reach out to them and ask if they have one in inventory and available. I am sure that a lot don't but assuming that all do not because of a picture is probably not a great way to boat shop either. There is no doubt that if someone really wants a boat, you will have to pick up the phone and make the calls all over the place, it is going to take some effort.

I would put the credit card on table in front of me and start dialing till I found one in stock or on in incoming manifest that is in transit and pull the trigger and give a decent deposit.
you should post your dealer on here if they have boats, i know literally every add I clicked on when looking, i stopped at 67 of them, yes I kept a log, literally every one was a generic where they wanted to put it on order. I was only persistent because I wanted to find anyone who had it so I could use them instead of my local, I even tried some as far as CA who had posts and I live in GA

i'm sure many aren't as persistent, if you have a local who has actual boats it would be helpful to them