• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Deposit For 2021 Yamaha and still waiting?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
We ordered our 212XE in October and the dealer could not tell us when the boat was scheduled other than it would be ready by boating season. Then in early January we got our call. Hopefully yours will come soon.
Hoping!! :thumbsup:We traded our boat and they sold it....so wife is questioning my judgement at this point.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Talked to my dealer today... FSH boats are the biggest problem he said. Third party components specific to the FSH are not coming in which is why they are canceling them. Although they are a big dealer and Yamaha has NOT as of today cancelled any of their pre-orders which includes any of the FSH they ordered.. I have an AR250 and am 2nd on the list right now - I ordered late October 2020. He said he is not worried about my boat coming in and they are getting in shipments weekly now - just don't know what is on them until they arrive.

He did say they sold over 100 boats in January alone during their "boat show" - every one of them was a 2022 pre-order with a fall delivery schedule. It's nuts. NO way he thought he would be sold out of all 2021's and selling only 2022's in January. He also said, he has flat out told customers no more Yamaha's and they then say well ok what else you got and they are selling through and almost completely sold out of every single 2021 of every make/model they carry - No Yamaha - how about a Tri-toon...

If you didn't get on the list in 2020 sounding like you are getting a 2022. They are a top 10 national dealer for Yamaha.

blamphere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I sold my boat after putting a deposit on a 252SE in December. Was getting the same sort of "what have you done" attitude at home after the dealer cuts began. Redemption seems near however, got an email from the dealer yesterday they were notified my boat was released from the factory and they should have it in the next few days. Phew!

Pauly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I out of my mind! Dreaming of boat trips. Hope my AR 195 comes in from Havasue Powersport in Arizona.

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Also got a call from my dealer in NC who said they have had some boats cut, but the boat I ordered is on the list of boats being shipped. He could not give me a guaranteed delivery date, but said he expects it before end of March.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Also got a call from my dealer in NC who said they have had some boats cut, but the boat I ordered is on the list of boats being shipped. He could not give me a guaranteed delivery date, but said he expects it before end of March.
Hope I have the same luck.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Which boat did you order?

scobrn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered an AR190 this week and was told late March/early April. Tennessee

TexAg2010

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Been following the stories of all the future owners who put deposits on pre-orders last fall, and heeded the info you’ve provided about dealer orders beginning to be cancelled. I looked/called around everywhere within 200 miles and found one existing 252SD out of 3 dealers. I was looking to make the purchase a little further out, but decided to take the opportunity now instead of likely missing out for this season. I got very lucky still finding the boat I wanted at a reasonable distance without an early reservation. I hope the rest waiting for your boats receive good news regarding delivery very soon!

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Chatlee?

malmana

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
195S Yacht Blue. Deposit 8/27. Woodbridge VA dealer. He states I'm confirmed? Still no eta.

portlandbucfan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I stopped by my dealer today. They had 9 boats "cancelled" by Yamaha and have already notified the customers. The lady said it was mostly 21 footers. They have 6 more boats left yet to be delivered (one of which is mine). 3 are about to ship waiting on a truck. I hope one is mine... but if not she said by May which is fine (assuming no more cancellations).

They had a ar210 and 252x available in showroom.

Jhollis1111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was waiting for over 4 months for my 2020/2021 210FSH sport in Teal. Was told last week Yamaha have only committed to delivery of the blue color scheme. Anyone ordering Teal color Yamaha has not committed to making any of those deliveries. That's what I was told from my Clearwater dealership. My order has basically been canceled.

cracker499

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey folks, we did get the boat yesterday. Deposit was back in August. Here's a pic of me and the Mrs, and one really helpful dock hand at home port marina, after we delivered it by water via the intra coastal. Palm Harbor FL.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I was waiting for over 4 months for my 2020/2021 210FSH sport in Teal. Was told last week Yamaha have only committed to delivery of the blue color scheme. Anyone ordering Teal color Yamaha has not committed to making any of those deliveries. That's what I was told from my Clearwater dealership. My order has basically been canceled.
My dealer had told me and I posted on another thread about two weeks that FSH's with teal were being canceled because Yamaha was having trouble in obtaining the color. Feel bad for you and all those that have ha their boats canceled. Should find out about ours on Monday.

Last edited:

Rhyder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer had told me and I posted on another thread about two weeks that FSH's with teal were being canceled because Yamaha was having trouble in obtaining the color. Feel bad for you and all those that have ha their boats canceled. Should find out about ours on Monday.
seems like Yamaha would of called and asked if people wanted it in a color they are producing while they were running them rather than cancel, or did they?

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I spoke to John E at Beach Blvd Motorsports in Jacksonville he assured me he could get one of those by the end of Feb as they still had 2 210 FSH Sport that were on order and not cancelled. His cell is 904-641-0066. Tell him Martin sent you, good luck!

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Hello all. I am new to the forum so it is nice to meet everyone. I hope this information helps as I recently went through the same thing and not knowing if my ordered boat was going to come in or be cancelled.

I spoke with a customer service rep at Yamaha who was extremely helpful. I told this person about what I read on this forum and others being in the same situation as myself. He asked I write this in hopes it is helpful for others. Because of this person's help, I will be getting my boat for this season.

There is a phone number your dealer can call to find out the remaining allocations they will be getting at this point in the 2021 model year. My understanding is some dealers do not know this phone number exists. Mine did not ...

Call your dealer and tell them to go into the YDS (Yamaha Dealer System) and click on 'Contact Us'. Then, there is a phone number for 'Watercraft Unit Order Desk'. This is who your dealer needs to call to confirm the remaining allocations.

If I did not take this step I would not be getting my boat.

The dealership called me last night and turns out the boat I had on order was not going to be coming in as confirmed by the watercraft unit order desk. However, what they did confirm was that the same boat in the other color was coming in so that is the boat I will be getting.

I hope this information is helpful for those who are in the same 'boat' I was :cool:.

Stay healthy, stay safe.

Ezrider ~